New stadium

fansince78

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely would not bother me as the trip north to Carolina did not bother me either. I will admit, I like the GA Dome as you know the temperature will always be nice once inside. But I would be all for a new stadium that had a retractable roof so that on raining or really bad days the roof could be closed. I think an open stadium without retractable roof is a mistake, you would lose to much potential revenue by limiting it to only outdoors. (No SEC Championship Game, ACC Tournament, and possible other events that would prefer an indoor setting).

I think an open stadium without retractable roof is a mistake, you would lose to much potential revenue by limiting it to only outdoors. (No SEC Championship Game, ACC Tournament, and possible other events that would prefer an indoor setting).

I agree and I hope those considerations outweigh the initial cost when the final decision is made.

ok so far i counted 4 people will be sittin in 28 degrees...wont get no more than 10. I see alot of kids at the dome, and i know parents would not take their kids, to a game that cold.

Actually, I used to go to AFCS when my kids were little in cold and rain to see games that really didn't matter most of the time. If dressed correctly, you only have to worry about cold noses. The sun actually bothered me more on sunny days than the rain and cold ever did.

Guest AtlWhite84

The Falcons could be playing in toxic acid rain and I'd go watch them. Who cares about the weather seriously? We're women now? This is football, not the Lifetime network.

They need to go ahead and build one w/ a retractable roof in Doraville. There will be plenty of room for parking, and much more tailgating. Church traffic wouldn't be as big of a problem, and maybe our fans could make it to the stadium in time for kickoff. The dome is awesome, but its time. I mean come on, The Dome is old enough to buy a pack of smokes.

Actually, I used to go to AFCS when my kids were little in cold and rain to see games that really didn't matter most of the time. If dressed correctly, you only have to worry about cold noses. The sun actually bothered me more on sunny days than the rain and cold ever did.

old school fans like yourself and a couple others on this board had the opportunity to go to atlanta fulton county stadium. So yall had the best of both worlds. This fan base is not supportive enough right now to have a outdoor stadium. We do not have a steelers, packers, or buffalo type fan base. Like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it. Players like having the dome, and their opinion matters most.

i like having a dome

Yes ... but I will say this.

The first game I ever went to see live as a Falcons fan was the 1980 playoff game. I was only 11 years old, and it was the single most miserable day I have I ever spent outside in my life.

It was like 16 degrees and I as soon as the sun dropped behind the bowl on the opposite side of the stadium I think the temp dropped another 10 degrees.

If I have a vote .... I would prefer a retractable roof stadium.

old school fans like yourself and a couple others on this board had the opportunity to go to atlanta fulton county stadium. So yall had the best of both worlds. This fan base is not supportive enough right now to have a outdoor stadium. We do not have a steelers, packers, or buffalo type fan base. Like they say, if it aint broke, dont fix it. Players like having the dome, and their opinion matters most.

I will be fine with either choice. The reason I am thinking the minds at work may put the team outdoors is the cost of a stadium with a retractable roof. Like most people, that would be my choice, but it is a very expensive proposition compared to an outdoor stadium.

My only wish is that the venue would be moved from the area that the dome is in to a more easily accessible area. The surface streets around the dome are why so many people get to their seats late. If it were to be build next to Turner Field, it would be awesome.