The DE switch during the Panthers games

Mid-Nite-Toker

I posted this reply in another topic, but I thought it needed its own thread.

Did anyone notice that Abe and KB switched sides on the KB sack when he bull rushed over the blocker and sacked the QB? I can't remember them doing that during the season. Have I missed something or is this a new adjustment made by BVG. I think this is a good solution and will allow our DEs to exploit all match-up possibilities.

Abe has always done that. I haven't really noticed Kroy do that much if at all, maybe that is something new to get him some better opportunities.

That was what I was getting at. Maybe KB needs to switch sides more often to get him going down the stretch. I'm not in love with BVG but glad they are throwing in some wrinkles to boost play.

Also, on one of Abe's sacks at Carolina he was coming from the left side.

I also remember early on in the season after one game (I can't remember which) and Smith said that they wanted to move Abe to the left side for a few snaps and Abe said he wanted to stay at RDE to work against whoever the LT was, so they kept on the right side the whole game... So it sounds like it is a regular thing, but they also listen to Abe on what he wants to do.

Also, on one of Abe's sacks at Carolina he was coming from the left side.

I also remember early on in the season after one game (I can't remember which) and Smith said that they wanted to move Abe to the left side for a few snaps and Abe said he wanted to stay at RDE to work against whoever the LT was, so they kept on the right side the whole game... So it sounds like it is a regular thing, but they also listen to Abe on what he wants to do.

+1 Maybe it was Philly. We should have been able to exploit K. Dunlap...maybe he should have switched some.