Any suggestions

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I don't know about you all but I've been truly appalled by the quality of the officiating we've had to put up with this season! I've watched games where you could tell the officials had no idea of what was going on. You watch one of 'em call a hold or pass interference on a play where the player wasn't even touched and 2 or 3 plays later somebody will get mugged with the same official looking right at it and not say a word.

This is just one example of how these idiots are screwing up the game!

The NFL HAS GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

It's starting to look like that until the fans really start bitching about it they're not changing a thing.

part of the problem is the sheer volume of crap the NFL has given them to look for and a lot of it is completely subjective. I have seen some pundits advocate for having an official who is in the booth whose only job is to look for unnecessary hits so the officials on the field don't have to deal with having to make a split second call on whether the player made contact with the helmet of the shoulder pads

Its not just this year...... I say this EVERY year that its the worse officating job I have seen.

Like Dago mentioned alot of it is sheer volume.

I would like to see a consistant call.

one thing I would LOVE to see is stop calling holding.

there is holding on EVERY play. the selective nature of it is what makes it frustrating.

Either call it EVERY TIME or dont call it AT ALL.

I don't know about you all but I've been truly appalled by the quality of the officiating we've had to put up with this season! I've watched games where you could tell the officials had no idea of what was going on. You watch one of 'em call a hold or pass interference on a play where the player wasn't even touched and 2 or 3 plays later somebody will get mugged with the same official looking right at it and not say a word.

It's starting to look like that until the fans really start bitching about it they're not changing a thing.

The problem with that is everyone seems to cow down when people take that condescending stance of "blaming the refs is for losers" or as it is known in RC "Its rigged!"

I have seen the refs rape the Falcons like it was a 24 hour OZ marathon, but we are idiots for pointing it out. But even more to the point, I have seen Smitty actually have to explain the rules to the ref. And that is fact.

THE INSTANT REPLAY HAS DONE'EM IN. IT SHOWS

YOU MISSED CALLS, AND THE REFS WORRY ABOUT IT.

IT PRESSURES THEM. THEY HAVE TO MAKE INSTANT

CALLS. AND THAT RED FLAG THE COACHES THROW

OUT THERE PUTS'EM IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

RATHER THAN BE FOUND TO MAKE A WRONG CALL,

A LOT OF REFS JUST WON'T MAKE A CALL AT ALL.

THAT SAID, YOU ASKED FOR SUGGESTIONS:

"The Firing Squad"