QBs from ****

PapaJoe

This season is further proof that a teams QB performance is variable #1 in what the team does in W-L

Many teams basically are sans-QB at this point in the season. I for one believe that teams should be lining up megaTrade deals to go get Luck with the first pick. Many won't but they should. The guy is about as sure of a NFL Franchise QB as anyone ever and OMG how some teams need a legit QB!!

This season is further proof that a teams QB performance is variable #1 in what the team does in W-L

Many teams basically are sans-QB at this point in the season. I for one believe that teams should be lining up megaTrade deals to go get Luck with the first pick. Many won't but they should. The guy is about as sure of a NFL Franchise QB as anyone ever and OMG how some teams need a legit QB!!

Are you proposing the Falcons trade up to get Luck as a backup to Matt Ryan? If not, I fail to see the relevance to us.

Well, to make this Falcon-related I will say it's a pleasure to have a young QB like Ryan behind center every Sunday. When you look around the league there are probably at least 1/3 of the franchises who are indeed unsettled at QB.....

Carolina

Minnesota

Arizona

San Francisco

Washington

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Oakland

Miami

Tennessee

We don't have that here with The Atlanta Falcons

That ought to satisfy the "Board Police." :rolleyes: .

Well, to make this Falcon-related I will say it's a pleasure to have a young QB like Ryan behind center every Sunday. When you look around the league there are probably at least 1/3 of the franchises who are indeed unsettled at QB.....

Carolina

Minnesota

Arizona

San Francisco

Washington

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Oakland

Miami

Tennessee

We don't have that here with The Atlanta Falcons

That ought to satisfy the "Board Police." :rolleyes: .

The Titans have a QB that continuously wins but the coach that continuously loses without him has alienated him

The Titans have a QB that continuously wins but the coach that continuously loses without him has alienated him

Boy, that owner Adams will be taking a huuuuge risk IMO if he runs Fisher off and basically hands the keys of the franchise over to Young. Young might win games but he is unbelievably immature.

Fisher is a .500 coach at best, it's time for a change there or they will be stuck forever in mediocrity

The Titans could be a contender, but Fisher is holding them back.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with either of you. I'm not one of these guys who think that Fisher is the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi just because he has been with that franchise forever....I'm just not sure I want to give the keys to my franchise to Vince Young.

If Adams gets rid of Fisher and hires a weak sister coach like we had in Mora then Young will run roughshod over that HC.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with either of you. I'm not one of these guys who think that Fisher is the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi just because he has been with that franchise forever....I'm just not sure I want to give the keys to my franchise to Vince Young.

If Adams gets rid of Fisher and hires a weak sister coach like we had in Mora then Young will run roughshod over that HC.

Oh, I completely agree Vince Young is completely too immature to be a competent QB, and a guy like Fisher isn't going to put up with that. In most situations, I would respect that decision, but Fisher's job is to field the most competitive football team every week to get his team a win, and it has been proven that Kerry Collins is not in that formula. Vince Young is one of the youngest, winning-est QBs in the NFL and sometimes, you have to let your ego down a little bit and let that man play.

Besides, you can't put full blame on Vince Young. How do you think Matt Ryan would feel if every time our TEAM was playing bad, Mike just pulled him out of the game in favor of the back-up QB in the 4th quarter? It has to mess with your emotions a good bit, and I assume Vince definitely has a huge void of trust deep down inside of him.

Also, when they were 0-6 last season Fisher STILL was not going to consider a QB change.. the owner pretty much made him start Vince! Maybe I'm just bad at reading things, but I have a feeling this issue is personal and it's been here for awhile now.

Oh, I completely agree Vince Young is completely too immature to be a competent QB, and a guy like Fisher isn't going to put up with that. In most situations, I would respect that decision, but Fisher's job is to field the most competitive football team every week to get his team a win, and it has been proven that Kerry Collins is not in that formula. Vince Young is one of the youngest, winning-est QBs in the NFL and sometimes, you have to let your ego down a little bit and let that man play.

Besides, you can't put full blame on Vince Young. How do you think Matt Ryan would feel if every time our TEAM was playing bad, Mike just pulled him out of the game in favor of the back-up QB in the 4th quarter? It has to mess with your emotions a good bit, and I assume Vince definitely has a huge void of trust deep down inside of him.

Also, when they were 0-6 last season Fisher STILL was not going to consider a QB change.. the owner pretty much made him start Vince! Maybe I'm just bad at reading things, but I have a feeling this issue is personal and it's been here for awhile now.

All good points.....

Vince Young was shoved down Fishers throat by Bud Adams. . . Adams needs to let the Coach/GM make the decisions for the team...

I think Jeff Fisher is a good coach. He has taken the Titans to the playoffs in 6 out of his 13 seasons. Compare that with the second longest tenured coach, Andy Reid. Reid has been to the playoffs 8 out of his 12 seasons. Both coaches haven't won a Superbowl with their respectable teams. Reid has been to more playoff games, but not that many more. So why is Fisher a bad coach?

Vince Young was shoved down Fishers throat by Bud Adams. . . Adams needs to let the Coach/GM make the decisions for the team...

I think Jeff Fisher is a good coach. He has taken the Titans to the playoffs in 6 out of his 13 seasons. Compare that with the second longest tenured coach, Andy Reid. Reid has been to the playoffs 8 out of his 12 seasons. Both coaches haven't won a Superbowl with their respectable teams. Reid has been to more playoff games, but not that many more. So why is Fisher a bad coach?

Jacksonville and Tennessee have 65 wins since Jack Del Rio took over.

So Jacksonville = Tennessee since Del Rio took over, but Del Rio is on the hot seat almost every year and Fisher is considered great

The Dolphins have went to the playoff twice since 2001 if you are counting 2001 and the Titans 4 times..You know who else has went 4 times since 2002...The Seattle Seahawks....Oh wait!!, they've went 5 times

There is more and more evidence that Fisher is grossly overrated

Playoff appearances since 1994 (Fisher's 1st year as HC)

Indianapolis Colts - 12

Green Bay Packers - 11

New England Patriots - 11

Philadelphia Eagles - 10

Pittsburgh Steelers - 10

Dallas Cowboys - 9

Minnesota Vikings - 9

Miami Dolphins - 8

Denver Broncos - 7

New York Giants - 7

San Fransisco 49ers - 7

San Diego Chargers - 7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 7

Baltimore Ravens - 6

Jacksonville Jaguars - 6

New York Jets - 6

Seattle Seahawks - 6

Tennessee Titans - 6

Atlanta Falcons - 5

Kansas City Chiefs - 5

St Louis Rams - 5

Buffalo Bills - 4

Carolina Panthers - 4

Chicago Bears - 4

Detroit Lions - 4

Arizona Cardinals - 3

New Orleans Saints - 3

Oakland Raiders - 3

Washington Redskins - 3

Cincinnati Bengals - 2

Cleveland Browns - 2

Houston Texans - 0

Looks pretty average to me

Wins-Losses (Coaching Changes) Bold = Super Bowl Champs / Stats since 94 (Fisher 1st season)

New England Patriots - 174-92 (3)

Pittsburgh Steelers - 167-98-1 (2)

Green Bay Packers - 167-99 (4)

Indianapolis Colts - 166-100 (5)

Denver Broncos - 156-110 (3)

Philadelphia Eagles - 151-115 (3)

Minnesota Vikings - 148-118 (4)

Dallas Cowboys - 143-123 (6)

Tennessee Titans - 142-124 (1)

New York Giants - 139-126-1 (3)

Miami Dolphins - 139-127 (7)

Kansas City Chiefs - 136-130 (5)

San Fransisco 49ers - 136-130 (5)

San Diego Chargers - 135-131 (6)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 134-132 (4)

Seattle Seahawks - 133-133 (5)

Jacksonville Jaguars - 131-119 (2) / (No Team 94)

Atlanta Falcons - 128-137-1 (7)

Chicago Bears - 127-139 (3)

New York Jets - 127-139 (7)

Baltimore Ravens - 123-110 (3) / (No Team 94-95)

Buffalo Bills - 122-144 (7)

New Orleans Saints - 122-144 (5)

Carolina Panthers - 118-132 (3) / (No Team 94)

Washington Redskins - 117-148-1 (7)

Oakland Raiders - 111-155 (9)

Arizona Cardinals - 103-163 (5)

Cincinnati Bengals - 102-163-1 (4)

St Louis Rams - 100-166 (8)

Detroit Lions - 90-176 (8)

Cleveland Browns - 78-140 (6) / (No Team 96-98)

Houston Texans - 53-85 (2) / (No Team 94-2001)

# of seasons that were .500 or below since 1994 (Fisher's 1st season)

New England Patriots - 3

Green Bay Packers - 4

Indianapolis Colts - 4

Pittsburgh Steelers - 4

Miami Dolphins - 6

Philadelphia Eagles - 6

Dallas Cowboys - 7

Minnesota Vikings - 7

New York Jets - 7

Denver Broncos - 8

Kansas City Chiefs - 8

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 8

Baltimore Ravens - 9

Jacksonville Jaguars - 9

New York Giants - 9

Atlanta Falcons - 10

Chicago Bears - 10

San Fransisco 49ers - 10

San Diego Chargers - 10

Seattle Seahawks - 10

Tennessee Titans - 11

Buffalo Bills - 12

New Orleans Saints - 12

Washington Redskins - 12

St Louis Rams - 13

Carolina Panthers - 13

Detroit Lions - 13

Oakland Raiders - 13

Arizona Cardinals - 14

Cleveland Browns - 14

Cincinnati Bengals - 15

Houston Texans - 16

I added the seasons that expansion teams weren't in the league as .500 or below seasons so it wouldn't skew the data

So as you can see Atlanta has had more winning seasons since 1994 than Tennessee

Averages under Fisher

Offensive scoring: 14th

Offensive yards: 17th

Defensive scoring: 16th

Defensive yards: 16th

+- Scoring: 15th

+- Yards: 16th

As you can see it is not a coincidence that Fisher lives around the 7-9; 8-8; 9-7 mark year after year

Everything points to mediocrity

I would get rid of both and start over! Fisher has lost his touch and Young has the IQ of a door knob! The QB's that are winning Super Bowls against today's sophisticated NFL defenses have high football IQ's!

Carolina-Unsettled

Minnesota-Somewhat unsettled

Arizona-Don't even get me started on how unsettled they are

San Francisco-See Arizona

Washington-McNabb

Buffalo-Unsettled, but Fitzpatrick is looking good.

Cincinnati-Palmer

Cleveland-Unsettled

Oakland-Unsettled

Miami-Unsettled

Tennessee-Head coach needs to go