Norwood & Meier...........eligible for Super Bowl ?

Bring It

If the Falcons make it to the Super Bowl .........Feb.6,2011.......almost 7 weeks away............if Norwood and/or Meier were healed and could play, would they be allowed to ??

Just wondering.

Even if they were allowed, I say NO.

You play the guys that got you there. Dont blow your SB on people who havent played all year.

If the Falcons make it to the Super Bowl .........Feb.6,2011.......almost 7 weeks away............if Norwood and/or Meier were healed and could play, would they be allowed to ??

Just wondering.

Norwood is one of them players a team becomes better just with his presence. I don't know about your question though but if Norwood is 100%, I'd like to see him out there.

You play the guys that got you there. Dont blow your SB on people who havent played all year.

I hear ya, but in this wild and whacky world of the NFL wouldn't it be crazy if fate delivered a Norwood 65 yard TD play to win the Big One ???

It would only be talked about for the next 30 years or so. LOL

I don't think they are eligible.

If you get put on IR, I think you are out for the season.

And that is including Playoffs.

That is why they invented the PUP List.

I think the PUP is for people who are hurt but should be healthy before too long.

But I am not positive.

The PUP is only for people who start out the year hurt, though. For instance, Meier could have been placed on the PUP, but Norwood could not have... Even though it's been a long time since he was physically able to perform.

IR is for the whole season- playoffs included. Regardless, both those guys shredded their knees. They won't be ready for some time.

Just wondering.

Even if it were allowed why would you bring in Meier or Norwood? Norwood's health makes him a liability. We would cut someone we need to make space for him Meier has never played in a real NFL game. No telling how he would work out.

Even if it were allowed why would you bring in Meier or Norwood? Norwood's health makes him a liability. We would cut someone we need to make space for him Meier has never played in a real NFL game. No telling how he would work out.

All true.

Just thinkin' on a cold, windy day.

And, I love "Hollywood" endings. LOL

Even if they were eligible, you wouldn't want them to come back due to the fact that they chemistry of the offense could potentially be compromised.

Really? History says otherwise.

---in the fifth game of the season, Bob Griese was tackled by Deacon Jones and Ron East of the San Diego Chargers, and he went down with a broken leg and dislocated ankle. In came Earl Morrall, fresh off the waiver wire from Shula’s former team, the Baltimore Colts. Morrall guided the Dolphins through the rest of the regular season, and maintained an unbeaten record in the process. Morrall even led the AFC in passing, as Griese had done the previous year. However, as the playoffs began, it was obvious that the Dolphins were not as strong as they needed to be to last very long in the postseason. The Dolphins barely squeaked by a Cleveland Browns team that they should have beaten easily, and then they got a slow start the following week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Shula knew that he needed to turn back to Griese to relieve the ailing Morrall. Shula simply turned to Bob at halftime and asked him, “Are you ready?” to Griese’s reply, “Yes, I’m ready.” With that, Bob took the field to thunderous applause and responded as if he had never been away, leading the Dolphins to a convincing win and their second straight Super Bowl appearance. Shula quickly decided that Griese would start that game.

Despite their unbeaten season, the Dolphins were listed as two point underdogs to the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII. However, true to the form of the season, the Dolphins played a perfect, ball control game.

Wiki link