Al Gore/Snake Era of Climate Politics Over?

It seems so silly to debate the climate when we have so many other problems to deal with such as a not getting national respect, power rankings, and clinching a playoff berth BUT DANG IT ... I'm cold!!!!!!!! :wacko:

It seems so silly to debate a scientific reality. Might as well argue gravity or that the earth is flat.

The climate is and will continue to be our biggest problem, and it will exacerbate other issues, like water needs and national security. Pushing it aside only makes it worse.

And for the small government types, ignoring it only ensures more government intervention later. It's not going away, and every day we don't address it ensures more drastic steps later.

Monarch, I am not one to debate this topic seeing how I'm several years away from a degree in Climatology. But I'm thinking here ... the earth has been around forever, it's a survivor. The Age of the Industrail Revelution is only about 200 years old. How much damage could have been done during this brief period?

Monarch, I am not one to debate this topic seeing how I'm several years away from a degree in Climatology. But I'm thinking here ... the earth has been around forever, it's a survivor. The Age of the Industrail Revelution is only about 200 years old. How much damage could have been done during this brief period?

With air pollution and water pollution, murder of entire species, nuclear weapons and travel into space, you're really asking that? Pumping billions of tons of CO2, a key component into the atmosphere, year upon year upon year? Plenty of damage.

I'm sorry, but aw shucks common sense approaches to complex scientific issues simply do not hold water.

And for the record, the earth is not my concern. It will survive us. My concern is for the children of my nieces and nephews and humanity as a whole.

Edited by The Monarch

With air pollution and water pollution, murder of entire species, nuclear weapons and travel into space, you're really asking that? Pumping billions of tons of CO2, a key component into the atmosphere, year upon year upon year? Plenty of damage.

I'm sorry, but aw shucks common sense approaches to complex scientific issues simply do not hold water.

And for the record, the earth is not my concern. It will survive us. My concern is for the children of my nieces and nephews and humanity as a whole.

You do realize everything that takes a breath is pumping CO2 into the atmosphere

You do realize everything that takes a breath is pumping CO2 into the atmosphere

You do realize that this statement in no way changes anything, that climate scientists are well aware of that fact, that there is a natural balance that we are upsetting between things that emit CO2 and things that serve as "sinks," and that just because something is good in one dose doesn't make it good in all doses, right?

Edited by The Monarch

You can worry about weather but the financial situation of this country dooms the next generation far worse than it being a little hot. This country is flirting with total collapse and all the dumbasses in Washington can do is worry about what side of the isle the ideas are coming from. - I should be gone within the next 35 years or so......Thank God

You can worry about weather but the financial situation of this country dooms the next generation far worse than it being a little hot. This country is flirting with total collapse and all the dumbasses in Washington can do is worry about what side of the isle the ideas are coming from. - I should be gone within the next 35 years or so......Thank God

The problem is that the consequences are not that it's a little hot. You're talking about desertification of vast areas of productive cropland, the loss of billions of dollars of the worlds most valuable real estate to rising sea levels, the loss of fresh drinking water for nearly a billion people, climate refugees numbering in the hundreds of millions, the spreading of tropical diseases, disintegration of boreal forests, larger and more intense storms (see the amount of 1000 year floods we've had recently), more wildfires, resource wars, ocean acidification, the collapse of entire ecosystems, and it goes on and on.

Most importantly, it is happening at a pace that is lightning quick by geological history standards...too fast for a massive population to adapt to.

35 years will give you just enough time to see the pain we've helped inflict on future generations as it becomes so obvious even the billionaire deniers won't be able to get away lying about it anymore. Unfortunately, it will also be too late to stop many of the effects. That's the thing about climate change, once you force the earth's climate too far in one direction, it becomes almost impossible to stop.

The problem is that the consequences are not that it's a little hot. You're talking about desertification of vast areas of productive cropland, the loss of billions of dollars of the worlds most valuable real estate to rising sea levels, the loss of fresh drinking water for nearly a billion people, climate refugees numbering in the hundreds of millions, the spreading of tropical diseases, disintegration of boreal forests, larger and more intense storms (see the amount of 1000 year floods we've had recently), more wildfires, resource wars, ocean acidification, the collapse of entire ecosystems, and it goes on and on.

Most importantly, it is happening at a pace that is lightning quick by geological history standards...too fast for a massive population to adapt to.

35 years will give you just enough time to see the pain we've helped inflict on future generations as it becomes so obvious even the billionaire deniers won't be able to get away lying about it anymore. Unfortunately, it will also be too late to stop many of the effects. That's the thing about climate change, once you force the earth's climate too far in one direction, it becomes almost impossible to stop.

Dude, you need to masturbate

Here...

playboy-playmates-karissa-and-kristina-shannon-are-nude-female-twins-006.jpg

Dude, you need to masturbate

Here...

playboy-playmates-karissa-and-kristina-shannon-are-nude-female-twins-006.jpg

Ha! Believe, me, I don't post about it nearly as much as I used to. Now I'm actually trying to do something about it. I've essentially given up on people that refuse to be educated on it. The right has cultivated a fear of science and scientists in this country that is hard to fight with facts and reason.

But I have a very nice sex life and still get to jerkin the gherkin from time to time. Thank goodness I have a good imagination too...Posted Image just doesn't work for me like it used to. ;)

Given that 2010 is shaping up to be the hottest year on record, I think there's very, very little for anyone to debate.

Climate change is a fact. There's debate as to the relative effects of natural versus human causes, but that the earth is warming is not disputable.

:lol::lol:

I wanted to start a pool on how long it would take you or snake to show up in this thread

De-Forestation is a legitimate concern which I don't think a lot of people understand

when you cut down the trees and plants you are taking away the planets ability to filter

out Co2 and emit Oxygen which in turn doe's help lead to an abundance of Co2 getting

into the atmosphere and most definately helping to warm the planet.I just don't think

the chicken little approach by Gore and some of his Advisers is very reliable.