Brent Grimes

va2gafalcons

He was targeted one time yesterday. They're getting scared to throw to him. Vote Grimetime to the Pro Bowl!

Not dogging Grimes, he is awesome. But that had to do more with the inability of the Panthers trigger man and offensive line pass protection. No one was targeted enough to know it, except for Clausen who I am sure is laying in bed right now, crying in pain from the bruises his OL allowed him to sustain.

dude is the next Harrington, Ruined before he even had a chance.

I love Grimes, but he gave up at least 2 catches yesterday that I remember. He gave up like a 5 yard hitch for the Panthers initial first down of the game, and Smith caught a slant on him in the 3rd quarter.

Mostly an uneventful game for the secondary though.

He also pizzed off Smith which should almost count as a PDEF. biggrin.gif

There probably has been a million threads on this guy, but he is having one h*** of a year!!

70 tackles(62 solo) 21 passes defensed(2nd in the league) and 4 picks

i cant say enough about him, but he has been playing his heart out each and every game

Honestly, the way he finished out last year I knew he would do this. The little guy is a true ball hawk. I'm just surprised so many others didn't see it.

You guys should go check out the FalconsChat from last week where he was interviewed by Durham and Archer. It'll make you appreciate him that much more when you think about everything he did to get to where he's at. I don't even remember him being on the roster in '06 and '07.

The link is titled "Falcons Live: the Coach Mike Smith Show" under the "On the Air" menu. The program is on top of the list of archived shows. Smitty is always relaxed with them. Grimey comes on about 20 minutes in.

He also pizzed off Smith which should almost count as a PDEF. biggrin.gif

That play happened right in front of me, and I have to tell you, Steve Smith......that guy never ever ever stops running his mouth.

His mouth is on autopilot. It doesn't matter how bad the score is and how little he is doing, he never shuts up.

Not dogging Grimes, he is awesome. But that had to do more with the inability of the Panthers trigger man and offensive line pass protection. No one was targeted enough to know it, except for Clausen who I am sure is laying in bed right now, crying in pain from the bruises his OL allowed him to sustain.

dude is the next Harrington, Ruined before he even had a chance.

Dude, the only people who thought Clausen would be a decent NFL QB were the hair guy from ESPN and the Panthers. It's not that he was ruined as was Harrington- he just was never good. Just a QB from an over-hyped small college getting stats by playing low competition.

You guys should go check out the FalconsChat from last week where he was interviewed by Durham and Archer. It'll make you appreciate him that much more when you think about everything he did to get to where he's at. I don't even remember him being on the roster in '06 and '07.

I thought I remembered seeing him for a couple of games late in '06, but I couldn't ever find anything supporting the fact that he was on any roster anywhere.

I love Grimes, but he gave up at least 2 catches yesterday that I remember. He gave up like a 5 yard hitch for the Panthers initial first down of the game, and Smith caught a slant on him in the 3rd quarter.Mostly an uneventful game for the secondary though.

Dude you should take more credit. You were the first to say he was All Pro. He is.

If he can get a couple more picks before the coaches and players vote he might go to the Pro Bowl, or at least receive an alternate nomination.

Dude has been playin his as off this year. He fixed the two things that plagued him. Playing big WRs and tackling. He whiffed on Godfrey in CAR but overall he has been tackling this year.

There probably has been a million threads on this guy, but he is having one h*** of a year!!

70 tackles(62 solo) 21 passes defensed(2nd in the league) and 4 picks

i cant say enough about him, but he has been playing his heart out each and every game

Grimey is going well and is getting oppourtunities to make plays as our opponents seem to throw alot of balls his way.He is having a break-out year we just hope we can resign him long term as after this year he will be on alot of other teams radar's aswell.