Tom Jackson Just Dropped A BOMB On ESPN

Dale4Saul2Red0

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I showed that it's misleading because the Saints have outscored the Falcons by almost a whole touchdown during both teams runs.

The Falcons scored more than the Saints in the beginning of the season, but the Saints are now playing better on offense later in the season than the Falcons.

Later>Earlier

Like I said earlier, if yall want that stat yall can have it. But deep down I know the Saints offense is outperforming the Falcons offense when it really matters.

What are you trying to prove? You're trying so hard to bend the stats to make yourself look good to us Falcons fans. It's pathetic!

Yall come across as very uneducated as well. Insisting the thread was about who had the better ranked offense when clearly that wasn't even the case. Even if it was about offensive rankings, who cares? Take your offensive ranking and have fun with it. We have more wins, and beat you in NO. I mean, seriously, I could understand all the lip flapping if yall had just beat us after the upcoming mnf game, but it obvious, at this point, you are the inferior team no matter how you want to try to spin it.

Btw, neither of you acknowledged how crappy your opponents over the last 5 have been compared to ours. Your higher score average doesn't mean as much now, does it.

I really don't see how you knuckleheads continue with all this jibber jabber.

11-2 vs. 10-3

Cardinals/Browns

We BEAT YOU - IN NEW ORLEANS!

case closed

This thread is about offense. Offense, offense, offense, offense. I didn't start it. I'm merely correcting some simpleton thoughts on the matter.

Now say it 20xs to help you stay on target of the thread. Offense, offense, offense, offense............

Well, as a simpleton myself, isn't scoring points the basic idea behind the concept of offense? In other words, you can amass all the yards of offense that you want up, but if you aren't scoring points, what do those yards really get you? And, based on that simpleton concept, looking at the amount of points scored by both teams for the year (not cherry picking five games here and there), the Falcons have put up more points.

Guest AtlWhite84

I can't believe that Saints fans are REALLY in here trying to show how great of an offense they are by throwing out yardage stats. Jesus christ.

YPG is literally the LEAST important stat that an offense can have, and is at the top of the list in The Most Meaningless Statistics In Football.

Not sure if anyone has posted this in a reply to the Saints fans who say they've outscored us over these last 5 games, but here it is:

Points Allowed/PG by Falcons Opponents:

Baltimore - 4rd @ 17.6 PPG

St. Louis - Tied for 14th @ 20.6 PPG

Green Bay - 1st @ 14.5 PPG

Tampa - 13th @ 20.4 PPG

Carolina - 26th @ 26 PPG

Points Allowed/PG by Saints Opponents:

Carolina - 26th @ 26 PPG

Seattle - 24th @ 25.3 PPG

Dallas - 31st @ 28.2 PPG

Cincinnati - 28th @ 26.5 PPG

St. Louis - Tied for 14th @ 20.6 PPG

So.......................................

While your offense is 3rd in yards, that is misleading. You get more yards a game, but give up more turnovers/penalties. Our teams are very similiar in results, but they get there in different ways. Yards are not the only stat in measuring effectiveness. Case in point:

San Diego vs Seahawks game, Rivers threw for 455 yards, and lost. They had almost twice the total yards of Seattle. 518 total and only scored 20 points.

Yes please bring up Max Hall. Bring up Colt McCoy too. Matter of fact, posts their stats from both games right here for all to see. I IMPLORE you to do so. Please do it. Post the Saints offensive production compared to theirs too. It would bring to light some facts.

I also guess what Tommy boy said comparing the Saints and Falcons offenses is now moot huh? I'm glad I was able to clear that up. Have fun. :lol:

Browns W Saints L

Cardinals W Saints L

most important stats from those games.

While your offense is 3rd in yards, that is misleading. You get more yards a game, but give up more turnovers/penalties. Our teams are very similiar in results, but they get there in different ways. Yards are not the only stat in measuring effectiveness. Case in point:

San Diego vs Seahawks game, Rivers threw for 455 yards, and lost. They had almost twice the total yards of Seattle. 518 total and only scored 20 points.

Isn't the win loss record determines effectiveness?

Defense can also score points, so yards is the better measure of an offense. Fail.

How can going back the last 5 years be cherry picking? The Saints have a sustained top 5 offensive production, and this year confirms their offensive prowess again. The Falcons rarely get past 30 points, while the Saints do it regularly, and the yardage disparity proves it further, which only shows the Saints have even had long drives only to leave points on the field via turnover. Fail 2xs.

That last example of yours is just dumb. See above. Gutter failure.

lol @ being proud of that! boy you Saints fans are getting scary sad :lol:

There are Falcon fans in Rival Central that make fun of the bozos up here. It's evident as to why.

Where did I say turnovers are "luck"??? I said the defense can also score, so it isn't a good measure for offensive production. I said an offense can drive 99 yards, then fumble through the end-zone at the 1 yard line. Again, highlights why yards is the best measure, and the Falcons are no where near the Saints this year or any other year on that. Why are you clowns having a hard time with this? Maybe its because you want to believe the Falcons can score with the Saints?? :lol::lol:

Sorry, but neither recent history nor stats confirm it. Simply looking at points is idiotic. Something homer fans and a simple minded talking head might do.

so...looking at points to see if the Falcons team can score with the Saints team is idiotic? :lol: please stop :D

This thread is about offense. Offense, offense, offense, offense. I didn't start it. I'm merely correcting some simpleton thoughts on the matter.

Now say it 20xs to help you stay on target of the thread. Offense, offense, offense, offense............

actually this thread was about scoring...your swamp brain probably couldn't connect the dots, but it's pretty simple. but hey, we outscored the great yard-machine INT throwing Grimes loving Brees in our previous meeting, we'll see if you crack 30 against us ;) it's all good though, I understand the pressure of playing ya'll Superbowl in 2 weeks is starting to bust pipes.

Sorry homers, but it's misleading and doesn't reflect the current trend.

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons (2 point difference).

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly (only 4 times all year).

Also, to end this silly argument, the Saints offense is currently ranked 3rd. Falcons are 9th.

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? :lol:

Falcons 11-2 Saints 10-3. Falcons leading the division Saints arnt. Only trend that matters is the winning streaks in my book and it looks like the Falcons have the longest winning streak in the NFL. End of story good night sir see you in 2 weeks.

We get to play the Saints at home. It's a rival team and home field advantage is on the line.

That's all that matters. In a close match-up like this, a home team that doesn't lose at home has an advantage that has no relation to stats. It doesn't matter how hot the Saints offense is or who they've played recently because all that is canceled out by the atmosphere of the game.

I haven't noticed or heard of any reason to think the Falcons will choke in a high pressure situation like this. But it will definitely be a test. And the result will show how far along this team really is.

To me a loss here says were obviously good, but we've still got some growing to do. A win says that we're ahead of schedule, and we're a team that has to be accounted for from here on out.

This is a big tough game I cant wait to witness. It's gonna show us a lot about our team.

No way we should lose though. ;)

Rivers threw for 455 yards and lost. Got D*mn! -_- If you don't convert those yards into TD's, Yards won't mean anything. You just proved it.

Edited by The Birds are the truth

PPG doesn't really mean a lot over a season. The only PPG anyone should worry about is outscoring the opponent you are playing that day. FWIW, Dallas is only 3 spots and 14 points behind you for the year in PPG,with a crappy record and a back up QB who was once on an 0-16 team.

But Atlanta does have a very good offence this year and the record to go with it, congrats on that.

PPG doesn't really mean a lot over a season. The only PPG anyone should worry about is outscoring the opponent you are playing that day. FWIW, Dallas is only 3 spots and 14 points behind you for the year in PPG,with a crappy record and a back up QB who was once on an 0-16 team.

But Atlanta does have a very good offence this year and the record to go with it, congrats on that.

It means quite a bit. But not when paired with the second most points allowed in the league.

There are Falcon fans in Rival Central that make fun of the bozos up here. It's evident as to why.

Where did I say turnovers are "luck"??? I said the defense can also score, so it isn't a good measure for offensive production. I said an offense can drive 99 yards, then fumble through the end-zone at the 1 yard line. Again, highlights why yards is the best measure, and the Falcons are no where near the Saints this year or any other year on that. Why are you clowns having a hard time with this? Maybe its because you want to believe the Falcons can score with the Saints?? :lol::lol:

Sorry, but neither recent history nor stats confirm it. Simply looking at points is idiotic. Something homer fans and a simple minded talking head might do.

You're right defenses can score too ... and by looking at the stats that really doesn't help your argument either.

The Saints have had 2 interceptions returned for a TD, 1 safety, and 0 fumble recoveries for TD. A total of 14 points scored by the Saints defense.

The Falcons have had 1 interception returned for a TD, 0 safeties, and 0 fumble recoveries for a TD. A total of 6 points scored by the Falcons defense.

That means of the Saints 330 points scored the offense is only responsible for 316 points. In comparison of the Falcons 335 points scored the offense is responsible for 329 points.

What do you know our offense is even better than the 5 point differential that sparked the debate. It's really a 13 point differential. Thanks for point that out ..... :D:D:lol:

Sorry homers, but it's misleading and doesn't reflect the current trend.

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons (2 point difference).

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly (only 4 times all year).

Also, to end this silly argument, the Saints offense is currently ranked 3rd. Falcons are 9th.

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? :lol:

A. 11-2

B. 10-3

It looks like the only victory that counted was the one more game we've won. We could go the rest of the games winning by one, and you guys can win two by 30+, lose in the dome by 1 and have your 3rd ranked offense. Congratulations, your offense is great. They don't give any trophies for that do they?

I think it means a lot, it shows how consistent your offense is over the course of a season. Scoring a TD opposed to settling for a FG.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon