Tom Jackson Just Dropped A BOMB On ESPN

Dale4Saul2Red0

Also, sorry. . but if we have the same amount of points scored(Or more) and the same amount allowed(Or less) It pretty much means we ARE doing SOMETHING better than you however you want to label it. Call it offense, defense or special teams, but. . . .

The topic of this thread is offense and the idea that the Falcons offense somehow = Saints O.

Are we trying to move the goal posts now that that's been debunked? -_-

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this stat should tell the story....

Falcons 27

Saints 24

Falcons 11-2

Saints 10-3

Falcons have wins over Baltimore, Green Bay, Tampa (twice), and the invincible, unstopable, unbeatable Saints in their building. No other team in the league has more victories against teams with winning records.

Saints have wins over the Steelers, Cowboys (what's their record?), Vikings (wait a second, they're under .500, too?), Cincy (they also stink?), and....AND....AND....

In my expert opinion, I believe the Falcons can not only score with the Saints but, hold on to your seats, BEAT the Saints. To be continued...

Edited by ratesforless

Sorry homers, but it's misleading and doesn't reflect the current trend.

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons (2 point difference).

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly (only 4 times all year).

Also, to end this silly argument, the Saints offense is currently ranked 3rd. Falcons are 9th.

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? :lol:

Browns, Cardinals.

That is all.

I think this stat should tell the story....

Falcons 27

Saints 24

Falcons 11-2

Saints 10-3

Falcons have wins over Baltimore, Green Bay, Tampa (twice), and the invincible, unstopable, unbeatable Saints in their building.

Saints have wins over the Steelers, Cowboys (what's their record?), Vikings (wait a second, they're under .500, too?), Cincy (they also stink?), and....AND....AND....

In my expert opinion, I believe the Falcons can not only score with the Saints but, hold on to your seats, BEAT the Saints. To be continued...

:lol: So you include that the Falcons beat (squeaked by) mighty Tampa Bay TWICE :o , but fail to mention the Saints spanked them 31-6 at their place. Oh, and the Saints scored 31 on them (could have easily been 38), while the Falcons failed to do so in two tries. Hmmmmmm.

Yes, the goal posts have now moved, but again, in utter failure. :lol:

Edited by Saintdogg

:lol::lol: So you include that the Falcons beat (squeaked by) mighty Tampa Bay TWICE :o , but fail to mention the Saints spanked them 31-6 at their place.

And the Falcons BEAT the Browns and the Cardinals. . who SPANKED the Saints!

:lol::lol: So you include that the Falcons beat (squeaked by) mighty Tampa Bay TWICE :o , but fail to mention the Saints spanked them 31-6 at their place.

But I did mention that the Falcons beat the Saints in their building, didn't I? And do you want me to bring up Max Hall again? Or that Cleveland game?????

How can going back the last 5 years be cherry picking? The Saints have a sustained top 5 offensive production, and this year confirms their offensive prowess again. The Falcons rarely get past 30 points, while the Saints do it regularly, and the yardage disparity proves it further, which only shows the Saints have even had long drives only to leave points on the field via turnover. Fail 2xs.

What do you mean 'how can' it be?! You're choosing to look at a particular amount of games instead of the overall picture. The overall picture says the Falcons have scored more points. That's really not hard to understand.

Yardage doesn't prove anything, in fact, it doesn't even count for anything. When games are decided by total yards then it'll hold some water. Until then, you're fighting a losing battle.

But I did mention that the Falcons beat the Saints in their building, didn't I? And do you want me to bring up Max Hall again? Or that Cleveland game?????

Yes please bring up Max Hall. Bring up Colt McCoy too. Matter of fact, posts their stats from both games right here for all to see. I IMPLORE you to do so. Please do it. Post the Saints offensive production compared to theirs too. It would bring to light some facts.

I also guess what Tommy boy said comparing the Saints and Falcons offenses is now moot huh? I'm glad I was able to clear that up. Have fun. :lol:

Since Week 9:

Saints 32.6 ppg- 18.4 ppga

Falcons 27.6 ppg-18.3 ppga

So not only have we outscored yall by nearly a score since these little runs began, but we also have a bigger margin of victory than yall.

Yall can have that stat if yall want, but it's misleading.

Edited by whodatfeva

What do you mean 'how can' it be?! You're choosing to look at a particular amount of games instead of the overall picture. The overall picture says the Falcons have scored more points. That's really not hard to understand.

Yardage doesn't prove anything, in fact, it doesn't even count for anything. When games are decided by total yards then it'll hold some water. Until then, you're fighting a losing battle.

Sorry, analysis and mathematics are not your strong point. We are SPECIFICALLY talking about offense, not team wins.

Example, The Cardinals did NOT score an offensive touchdown against the Saints, yet they scored 30 points in their win. They were also outgained 2 to 1 in that game. Are we now to say the Cardinals offense is better than the Saints? Does that make sense? Only to a pea brain it would, and can only hope your brain is larger than a pea. Isn't it? :huh:

I should listen to the guys is RC. A pure clown fest up here.

Yes please bring up Max Hall. Bring up Colt McCoy too. Matter of fact, posts their stats from both games right here for all to see. I IMPLORE you to do so. Please do it. Post the Saints offensive production compared to theirs too. It would bring to light some facts.

I also guess what Tommy boy said comparing the Saints and Falcons offenses is now moot huh? I'm glad I was able to clear that up. Have fun. :lol:

The only stat that mattered in those two games (or any game) was the scoreboard. I never saw a final score that had an asterisk by it saying that the losing team had more yards and really should've won. You????

Since Week 9:

Saints 32.6 ppg- 18.4 ppga

Falcons 27.6 ppg-18.3 ppga

So not only have we outscored yall by nearly a score since these little runs began, but we also have a bigger margin of victory than yall.

Yall can have that stat if yall want, but it's misleading.

And teams played: Saints - 19 - 45 record, Falcons 31 - 33.

The only stat that mattered in those two games (or any game) was the scoreboard. I never saw a final score that had an asterisk by it saying that the losing team had more yards and really should've won. You????

This thread is about offense. Offense, offense, offense, offense. I didn't start it. I'm merely correcting some simpleton thoughts on the matter.

Now say it 20xs to help you stay on target of the thread. Offense, offense, offense, offense............

It was actually about points but hey, no one's perfect.

Here's what I found...

Falcons 335

Saints 330

Any questions????

and I showed that it's misleading because the Saints have outscored the Falcons by almost a whole touchdown during both teams runs.

The Falcons scored more than the Saints in the beginning of the season, but the Saints are now playing better on offense later in the season than the Falcons.

Later>Earlier

Like I said earlier, if yall want that stat yall can have it. But deep down I know the Saints offense is outperforming the Falcons offense when it really matters.

Edited by whodatfeva

It was actually about points but hey, no one's perfect.

Here's what I found...

Falcons 335

Saints 330

Any questions????

It's actually about Atlanta's offense being on par with the Saints.

Saints rank = 3rd

Falcons rank = 9th

TEAMS score points, which includes defense and special teams. This thread is not about defensive and special teams scoring.

Any questions?

It's actually about Atlanta's offense being on par with the Saints.

Saints rank = 3rd

Falcons rank = 9th

TEAMS score points, which includes defense and special teams. This thread is not about defensive and special teams scoring.

Any questions?

Unfortunately, read the first post. . .

and you are really rather. .wrong.

Sorry, analysis and mathematics are not your strong point. We are SPECIFICALLY talking about offense, not team wins.

Example, The Cardinals did NOT score an offensive touchdown against the Saints, yet they scored 30 points in their win. They were also outgained 2 to 1 in that game. Are we now to say the Cardinals offense is better than the Saints? Does that make sense? Only to a pea brain it would, and can only hope your brain is larger than a pea. Isn't it? :huh:

I should listen to the guys is RC. A pure clown fest up here.

Making sense isn't yours. My point was as clear as day.

At the same time; if Arizona's return team or defense put them in New Orleans' territory throughout the game, Arizona wouldn't have far to move the football. You see, statistics can be delicate and looked at from a variety of aspects.

Making sense isn't yours. My point was as clear as day.

At the same time; if Arizona's return team or defense put them in New Orleans' territory throughout the game, Arizona wouldn't have far to move the football. You see, statistics can be delicate and looked at from a variety of aspects.

So you're saying a return team can consistently give an offense premium field postion in each and every game, so that it can mask just how well an offense can move the ball and score on their own?

Sorry, but not even manipulating stats can make anyone who watches football regulary that stupid. nor does that happen often enough, especially over 13 games.

Great offenses simply stack up yards because they are good at what they do, and this is what is aksed of them. This is why the NFL has measured offense and ranks them by yards, not points. Only a fool or a novice to football wouldn't know this. Then again, this is the Falcons board.

So you're saying a return team can consistently give an offense premium field postion in each and every game, so that it can mask just how well an offense can move the ball and score on their own?

Sorry, but not even manipulating stats can make anyone who watches football regulary that stupid. nor does that happen often enough, especially over 13 games.

Great offenses simply stack up yards because they are good at what they do, and this is what is aksed of them. This is why the NFL has measured offense and ranks them by yards, not points. Only a fool or a novice to football wouldn't know this. Then again, this is the Falcons board.

No.

What I am saying is that different factors throughout a game can impact the way yardage and points are amassed.

Great offenses rack up yards and points.

YOu not liking it doesn't make it inaccurate. Points per drive for saints and Falcons are almost the same.(Off by .03 points per drive)