Tom Jackson Just Dropped A BOMB On ESPN

Dale4Saul2Red0

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in last five games, we've outscored Falcons 163-135, so we're clicking at the right time.

Well Colson was quiet for a long time and is now playing very

good. You have the former Heisman winner back and so forth.

Good for you, because you were no Super Bowl contender before

that.

Meanwhile we are just moving steadily along. We have Jenkins back and

Douglas is starting to find his way a little. Snelling is ready

to go again or very nearly so. We may be a little more plodding on

offense and too quick to give up explosive plays on defense but we

are 11-2 even with all the glitches. I like our chances against anybody

we play at this point.

Edited by LADBABY

Sorry homers, but it's misleading and doesn't reflect the current trend.

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons (2 point difference).

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly (only 4 times all year).

Also, to end this silly argument, the Saints offense is currently ranked 3rd. Falcons are 9th.

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? :lol:

Edited by Saintdogg

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons (2 point difference).

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly.

Also, to end this silly argument, the Saints offense is currently ranked 3rd. Falcons are 9th.

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? :lol:

Yards. .vs points. . I think I take the points.

Saints have lost 3 games to the Falcons 2, so you would think the margin would be wider, yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons. Not to mention even with more losses, the Saints net points are also right near the Falcons.

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly.

Again, the trend only goes back enough games to where it favors the Saints. Cherry-picking 5 games really tells a story. :rolleyes:

The silly argument is fueled by the media and fans of New Orleans that have this incorrect notion that Atlanta cannot score with them. If you have a valid reason why, I'd love to read it. :rolleyes:

It also doesn't reflect the current trend since the Saints have scored 30+ in 5 straight games, while 30+ is not something the Falcons achieve regularly (only 4 times all year).

The Saints will probably end in the top 4 for the 5th consecutive year. Let's stop the silly moral victories shall we? laugh.gif

lol at "yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons". Denial is not just a river in Egypt. biggrin.gif

And if you want the most current trend, the Falcons margin of victory in the last 1 game is 21 and the Saints is 18. See, anyone can cherry-pick the time frame for their stats.

I like current trends. The one I like the best is that the Falcons continue to remain ahead of the Saints...LOL.

Yards. .vs points. . I think I take the points.

Defense can also score points, so yards is the better measure of an offense. Fail.

Again, the trend only goes back enough games to where it favors the Saints. Cherry-picking 5 games really tells a story. :rolleyes:

The silly argument is fueled by the media and fans of New Orleans that have this incorrect notion that Atlanta cannot score with them. If you have a valid reason why, I'd love to read it. :rolleyes:

How can going back the last 5 years be cherry picking? The Saints have a sustained top 5 offensive production, and this year confirms their offensive prowess again. The Falcons rarely get past 30 points, while the Saints do it regularly, and the yardage disparity proves it further, which only shows the Saints have even had long drives only to leave points on the field via turnover. Fail 2xs.

lol at "yet the Saints might still overtake the Falcons". Denial is not just a river in Egypt. biggrin.gif

And if you want the most current trend, the Falcons margin of victory in the last 1 game is 21 and the Saints is 18. See, anyone can cherry-pick the time frame for their stats.

That last example of yours is just dumb. See above. Gutter failure.

Defense can also score points, so yards is the better measure of an offense. Fail.

How can going back the last 5 years be cherry picking? The Saints have a sustained top 5 offensive production, and this year confirms their offensive prowess again. The Falcons rarely get past 30 points, while the Saints do it regularly, and the yardage disparity proves it further, which only shows the Saints have even had long drives only to leave points on the field via turnover. Fail 2xs.

That last example of yours is just dumb. See above. Gutter failure.

SO now the turnovers are luck rather than skill as well. I see.

I can see his method now: Highlight anything good and declare every bad thing pure luck.

There are Falcon fans in Rival Central that make fun of the bozos up here. It's evident as to why.

Where did I say turnovers are "luck"??? I said the defense can also score, so it isn't a good measure for offensive production. I said an offense can drive 99 yards, then fumble through the end-zone at the 1 yard line. Again, highlights why yards is the best measure, and the Falcons are no where near the Saints this year or any other year on that. Why are you clowns having a hard time with this? Maybe its because you want to believe the Falcons can score with the Saints?? :lol::lol:

Sorry, but neither recent history nor stats confirm it. Simply looking at points is idiotic. Something homer fans and a simple minded talking head might do.

There are Falcon fans in Rival Central that make fun of the bozos up here. It's evident as to why.

Where did I say turnovers are "luck"??? I said the defense can also score, so it isn't a good measure for offensive production. I said an offense can drive 99 yards, then fumble through the end-zone at the 1 yard line. Again, highlights why yards is the best measure, and the Falcons are no where near the Saints this year or any other year on that. Why are you clowns having a hard time with this? Maybe its because you want to believe the Falcons can score with the Saints?? :lol::lol:

Sorry, but neither recent history nor stats confirm it. Simply looking at points is idiotic. Something homer fans and a simple minded talking head might do.

If you drive 99 yards and fumble on the one, that is called a 'failed drive'.

lol at yards being the best measure. points win games not yards.

wins>points>turnovers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yards

Also, sorry. . but if we have the same amount of points scored(Or more) and the same amount allowed(Or less) It pretty much means we ARE doing SOMETHING better than you however you want to label it. Call it offense, defense or special teams, but. . . .