its Official, Coach Bobby Petrino

root down

Signed the 7 year extension contract. He will be paid 3.56 mill a yr. AND agreed to extend the no compete clause to include the ENTIRE SEC instead of just the Western division.

this contract has been in the works for a while now so none of the "they were scared of losing him to Florida" bs.

The terms of the contract tell the story that both parties wanted to show their commitment to the other. the buyout is a mirror clause, meaning that if CBP leave he owes the same amount as if Ark. fired him before the 7yr contract was up. I haven't seen it, but the word out there was it was a 6 mil. buyout. this came with the same info that it was going to be a 7yr deal, of course all this before it was official.

Well if finally feels great to put to rest all the haters who said CBP would jump ship after 2-3yrs for a "better" job. He obviously had no interest in the Fla job, and since he agreed to a contract forbidding going to another SEC school....well, we all know that no coach is leaving the SEC for any other college conference.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pig!

Soooeey!

RAZORBACKS!

As much as I hate Petrino for what he did when he was in Atlanta, its becoming apparent that hes a good fit for Arkansas, congrats on reupping his contract and of course the significant buyout clause. I'm thinking hes just trying to buddy up with Jerry Jones for the Dallas job when it becomes open again in a few years....

This is excellent news indeed, I love what he has done for our program. We ain't settling for a few Cotton Bowls and numerous bowl losses anymore, we're going for big wins now. That inferiority complex is starting to go away.

I don't like him, but I like your fanbase... besides the pig call. I give VT fans a break for their hokie pokie dance so I find a way to get past the pig call. Congratulations on keeping a big time coach and finding a good quarterback for when Mallet leaves.

As much as I just outright loathe the man, I have known for a while that he is a great college football coach; one of the very best out there Great with the X's & O's, and he understands how to put together an offense that can both light it up through the air and then turn around and crush you with physical, nose breaking power football. But I do ferevently hope that he is plagued with a lifelong case of unfathomable psoriasis, or maybe even hiccups.

My guess is if he ever does leave it would be for a program like UCLA. Matter of fact I'm gonna go ahead and predict it here, right now. Petrino will be the HC of either UCLA, or southern cal by the end of the 2014 season.

Wish him the ultimate fortune that is due any cowardly-fly-by-night shyster, but always thankful for him helping us find Smitty and getting us sweet draft picks for draft.

Think it's appropriate that he's a hog and is forced to live in Arkansas. He can win a zillion games but he'll always be a loser to me.

Edited by tikibar

My first thought when I saw this was that he held the possibility of taking the UF job over the head of the Arkansas administration and squeezed them but good.

yeah the local ATL sports "talk" douches are pushing that angle. The FACT is: It was known that a 7yr extension was in the works BEFORE Urban Myer even retired. Well before.

Signed the 7 year extension contract. He will be paid 3.56 mill a yr. AND agreed to extend the no compete clause to include the ENTIRE SEC instead of just the Western division.

this contract has been in the works for a while now so none of the "they were scared of losing him to Florida" bs.

The terms of the contract tell the story that both parties wanted to show their commitment to the other. the buyout is a mirror clause, meaning that if CBP leave he owes the same amount as if Ark. fired him before the 7yr contract was up. I haven't seen it, but the word out there was it was a 6 mil. buyout. this came with the same info that it was going to be a 7yr deal, of course all this before it was official.

Well if finally feels great to put to rest all the haters who said CBP would jump ship after 2-3yrs for a "better" job. He obviously had no interest in the Fla job, and since he agreed to a contract forbidding going to another SEC school....well, we all know that no coach is leaving the SEC for any other college conference.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pig!

Soooeey!

RAZORBACKS!

d1q7P.gif

Wish him the ultimate fortune that is due any cowardly-fly-by-night shyster, but always thankful for him helping us find Smitty and getting us sweet draft picks for draft.

Think it's appropriate that he's a hog and is forced to live in Arkansas. He can win a zillion games but he'll always be a loser to me.

It certainly does suck. :rolleyes:

Off-topic but do you live in Arkansas?

Just curious about the Ozarks and if you've ever backpacked/hiked/camped in that area

thanks

I lived in the Little Rock area (AFB) when I was younger. I plan on taking a trip there very soon. I just get annoyed when people bash the state, school, and people, rather than the coach. Hate him all you want, but don't start bashing the state.

I just get annoyed when people bash the state, school, and people, rather than the coach. Hate him all you want, but don't start bashing the state.

Fair enough

I've just heard it's beautiful out there and that the school is in a great location with regards to the Ozarks

As much as I just outright loathe the man, I have known for a while that he is a great college football coach; one of the very best out there Great with the X's & O's, and he understands how to put together an offense that can both light it up through the air and then turn around and crush you with physical, nose breaking power football. But I do ferevently hope that he is plagued with a lifelong case of unfathomable psoriasis, or maybe even hiccups.

My guess is if he ever does leave it would be for a program like UCLA. Matter of fact I'm gonna go ahead and predict it here, right now. Petrino will be the HC of either UCLA, or southern cal by the end of the 2014 season.

Yea well arkansas has a poor recruiting year or the star QB get's hurt or something happens we'll see how much he honors that contract. He's still a piece of **** and a coward

I lived in the Little Rock area (AFB) when I was younger. I plan on taking a trip there very soon. I just get annoyed when people bash the state, school, and people, rather than the coach. Hate him all you want, but don't start bashing the state.

Kind of like a record over one school give the SEC the right to talk **** over a entire conference