if the Falcons end up playing the eagles

Yes it is...and they talked about it on ESPN this week I think. Talking about how Matt Ryan is winning over some Vick fans...but wonder if he'll ever be able to win all of them over. I doubt it...you're always gonna have the fans that like that one player no matter his team and will usually pull for him even when he plays their "team"..but I don't consider these people real fans of the Falcons

If Atlanta plays Philly in the playoffs, and there are people in Atlanta pulling for the Eagles just because of vick, they are a joke. No one in atlanta cared 2 cents for vick before there was a possibility of us drafting him back in the day. everyone jumped all over him then. if anyone says they are a falcons fan and even considers pulling for the eagles in a falcons-eagles matchup, i think it's fairly obvious they are not a falcons fan in the first place, they are a fan of their immortal icon, vick (who by the way screwed over the entire atlanta falcons franchise, in case anymore missed that whole debacle?)

There is such a thing of just being a fan of a player with no team allegiance. I like watching Kobe play but I probably won't follow the Lakers if he ever leaves/retires

but to come to Falcons games and cheer for them, but when Vick comes you cheer for the Eagles...NEGATIVE...and the sad thing, I've even see Season Ticket holders do this...well if they're not, I see them at a TON of games

As I used to say regularly, and correctly so, there are Falcons fans and there are Vick fans, and anyone who was around during his time here knows it was true. All those VA Tech fans showed up here the day he was drafted and rode that jock from day one. As soon as he was gone, they were gone and sanity came back to this MB.

I couldn't care less if people around Atlanta still hug on Vick, or if people consider that a 'divide', because the fact is, it isn't. People who place loyalty to a player who did so much damage to our team as he did aren't Falcons fans at all. They never were. If you see a Vick Falcons jersey in public, that isn't a Falcons fan. I have three of them and they will never be on my body again. They hang in a dark closet and that's where they'll stay.

He's paid his legal debt and he has every right to go on about his business, but I have no respect for him. The very idea of him possibly holding a Lombardi trophy one of these days turns my stomach. Talk about your PR nightmares for the NFL. Quite possibly the worst case scenario from a public image standpoint the NFL could have.

I work with people that just hated that we would cut Vick and do that to a man...they would trash Ryan at every moment. I constantly heard how Ryan couldn't win a big game.

That has changed this year. They have been won over somewhat. But I know if Vick comes to play us in the playoffs they will jump back on his side

Who is Michael Vick?

No, seriously though. . .

While I am happy he has turned around his life, I will not root for him when he plays against us. I wish him the best and hope he continues to do what he is doing. I do not hold anything against him because I wouldn't want anyone to hold against me the horrible things I have done. As far as football, I root for him to succeed, except when he plays us. Nothing wrong with that imho. If it is and I am labeled as not being a Falcons fan, then so be it. . . does not change a thing

Who is Michael Vick?

No, seriously though. . .

While I am happy he has turned around his life, I will not root for him when he plays against us. I wish him the best and hope he continues to do what he is doing. I do not hold anything against him because I wouldn't want anyone to hold against me the horrible things I have done. As far as football, I root for him to succeed, except when he plays us. Nothing wrong with that imho. If it is and I am labeled as not being a Falcons fan, then so be it. . . does not change a thing

Yup, I think its ******** people think if you root for Vick you cant be a falcon fan because what he did to us. I personally like the fact we have Matt Ryan because he left us. He made his mistakes (and no one can say they never made a mistake in their life, or did a bad thing) and he served his time ans is forgiven. People who refuse to forgive him are idiotic and they do not understand life in general. Life is full of mistakes and people learning from them. People who don't learn from their mistakes are only hurting themselves not us.

Yes it is...and they talked about it on ESPN this week I think. Talking about how Matt Ryan is winning over some Vick fans...but wonder if he'll ever be able to win all of them over. I doubt it...you're always gonna have the fans that like that one player no matter his team and will usually pull for him even when he plays their "team"..but I don't consider these people real fans of the Falcons

Espn again spewing straight garbage. People can cheer for who they want to. If Ryan isn't winning over the diehard Vick fans who gives a rat's azz. He is certainly winning games. That is all that matters to me and many Atlanta fans. As long as he leads us to a super bowl win, I don't care who he doesn't win over. Espn is always trying to make stories out of nothing.

E- Everyday

S- Spinning

P- Pointless

N- Non-sesne

Espn again spewing straight garbage. People can cheer for who they want to. If Ryan isn't winning over the diehard Vick fans who gives a rat's azz. He is certainly winning games. That is all that matters to me and many Atlanta fans. As long as he leads us to a super bowl win, I don't care who he doesn't win over. Espn is always trying to make stories out of nothing.

E- Everyday

S- Spinning

P- Pointless

N- Non-sesne

I agree with what you say but it is very hard to sit a a game and see other STH cheer for vick at your home stadium. That was the only game I've ever left early and not because of the play on the field.

I kept wondering how it made the players feel. I know I'm just an emotional fan, but if the eagles do come back I hope the fans in the dome give the falcons the support they have earned

I agree with what you say but it is very hard to sit a a game and see other STH cheer for vick at your home stadium. That was the only game I've ever left early and not because of the play on the field.

I kept wondering how it made the players feel. I know I'm just an emotional fan, but if the eagles do come back I hope the fans in the dome give the falcons the support they have earned

I totally understand your point. I am glad that I wasn't there to witness it live. I saw it on tv and couldn't believe it and felt totally embarassed. I still like watching Vick play, but don't understand how you could cheer for him against the Falcons.