MegaTron or Fitz ?

Tandy Gossett

Fitz isn't better than CJ. Just look at the stats this year. CJ doesn't have anyone throwing him the ball and he is still producing pro bowl numbers. Fitz has a former pro bowl QB throwing him the ball. Megatron is better in every way. Best WR in the game right now

Did you just use the awesomeness of Derek Anderson to downplay Larry Fitzgerald? :blink:

So is D Anderson not a former pro bowl QB? Did he not make that team when he was with the Browns? Fitz is a great player. But he isn't better than Calvin. He doesn't do anything better than Calvin.

Your absolutley ridiculous. Everyone knows Anderson being a Pro Bowler is a fluke, and Stafford, Hill and Stanton are much better QBs then Anderson, Hall, and Skelton anyways. Plus, the Lions have a better supporting cast then the Cardinals. Fitz= 4,721 yards, 40 TD, 356 rec, over the past 4 years. Megatron= 3,943 yards, 33 TD, 255 Rec, over the past 4 years

1) How many Super Bowls did they win with Moss? What team does play for now, and why?

2) Look up "need" vs. "greed". No, we do NOT need two superstar receivers. No Super Bowl winning team aside from the Rams have had two true super star receivers, and they only won one, then collapsed like a house of cards the following season, then rebounded to lose another Super Bowl.

The next nearest thing would be Rice/Taylor, but Taylor, while an excellent receiver, was never a "superstar".

3) And finally we agree on something. :P

1) This is what you call a diversion(your comment), The comment was no flashy picks for the patriots, but the Patriots still chose to sign Moss,This has nothing to do with any point you have made,not to mention they made it to the Superbowl with him, Is that not the goal? You have to make it first to win one

2).............Holmes Ward, Harrison Clark Wayne, Swann Stallworth,Toomer Burress,Boldin Fitz,Irvin Novacek Generally if you want to make a point and not press an opinion you have to have facts..........

And in every one of those combinations the only cause of a break up was either one got to old or one got to greedy rather it be money or fame

Fitz has already shown money isnt an issue because he took a paycut for boldin, CJ just wants to win, the only issue either would have on this team would be Roddy

How long do you think TG can play this game? is TG not a superstar? We all know Ryan locks in and counts on TG and in my opinion TG has lost a step

So who is going to replace a superstar Tight End/Receiver? Jenkins? ...again i say...... wow

DonB036 makes a valid point by mentioning the price that would have to be paid to acquire them..... because Im sure blank wouldnt mind paying either one

If the price is 1 first rounder and 1 future second rounder, for Calvin Johnson,in my opinion that sir is a steal, but indeed 2 first rounders is stretching it but looking at his ceiling I would be inclined to say that is a fair price

If he started his career with the likes of Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers,Ryan, or Brees? I dont think anyone in here would question his worth

But to all those who believe you dont NEED two major weapons in the Receiving category speak with no merit or validation

Maybe not CJ or Fitz, but TD will have to find another weapon in the likes of those two very soon, and if it is going to be a rookie very soon needs to be the next draft, because TG wont be here rather it be retiring or just his effectiveness after the next season or two

3)And that sir ^^^^^^^^ needs no agreement, sometimes what i say.....just is.........by the way this is one of those times

i think fitzgerald is the better overall receiver. but i wouldn't give jenkins away, his value in the run game is way bigger than many of us think. i'd rather draft a wr in the early rounds (and i think, that's exactly the way td builds a team...)

Nice post. I agree jenkins is alot more valueable to this team than people give credit for. BUt for the sake of coversation, i would take megatron to be on THIS team cause i think he offers more of what we need. Fitz and roddy are the same type wr. megatron gives more deep threat ability and is younger.

Megatron did say if he wasnt playing for the Lions that his first choice would be ATL.

link? :D

Seriously, Megatron would be a dream come true (huge fan since GT days) but the chances either of these guys signing with the Falcons is about the same as the Panthers winning the Super Bowl this season.

Your absolutley ridiculous. Everyone knows Anderson being a Pro Bowler is a fluke, and Stafford, Hill and Stanton are much better QBs then Anderson, Hall, and Skelton anyways. Plus, the Lions have a better supporting cast then the Cardinals. Fitz= 4,721 yards, 40 TD, 356 rec, over the past 4 years. Megatron= 3,943 yards, 33 TD, 255 Rec, over the past 4 years

It's only ridiculous to you because it doesn't fit your argument. Stafford has played in 3 games this year. That's it, so throw him out. And I don't care what fitz did the last 4 years with Kurt Warner. Warner isn't coming back. He helped Fitz get those numbers. Lets talk about this year. Fitz has 63 rec. for 789 yards for a 12.5 avg and 5 TDs. Calvin has 63 rec for 916 yards. 14.5 avg with 12 tds. And all that with backup QBs playing. Like I said CJ is better than Fitz. You want to bring up numbers. Well, the numbers support my opinion.

2).............Holmes Ward,

Harrison Clark Wayne,

Swann Stallworth,

Toomer Burress,

Boldin Fitz,

Irvin Novacek

Neither Santonio Holmes nor Hines Ward are "superstar" receivers. Holmes was let go to a conference opponent. Hines Ward is a great receiver: blocks, does all the little things. But he is not, and has never been, a "superstar".

Harrison had been a superstar, and Wayne was not yet a superstar, at the time of that win. Clark is a TE.

Stallworth was not a "superstar". He was probably a better receiver for longer than Swann, but neither was a real "superstar". Swann was borderline because of his graceful athleticism, but Stallworth was a great receiver who was a textbook #2.

Did you just refer to Amani Toomer as a "superstar"?!!? :lol: Even Plaxico Burress is not a superstar--- but Amani Freaking Toomer?

Please fill in my memory failure--- which Super Bowl did Fitz and Boldin win in Arizona?

Jay Novacek was an excellent TE, but was in no way a "superstar".

You seem to be foggy on what constitutes a "superstar" wide receiver. A true #1. A player capable of consistently dominating and producing. A true go-to guy. Stallworth, John Taylor, Toomer, Alvin Harper, and Ward are examples of very good, possibly great receivers who were fantastic as complimentary pieces to their teams.

Megatron. Best WR prospect since... Randy Moss? Ever? 6 foot 5, 236 lbs, 4.35 40, quick in and out of his breaks, great powerful hands, huge vertical leap, excellent blocker, intelligent, leader, explosive, homerun threat, tough to bring down, excellent body control, mentally tough. Not a diva WR either.

Calvin is the gold-standard prototypical WR.

Neither Santonio Holmes nor Hines Ward are "superstar" receivers. Holmes was let go to a conference opponent. Hines Ward is a great receiver: blocks, does all the little things. But he is not, and has never been, a "superstar".

Harrison had been a superstar, and Wayne was not yet a superstar, at the time of that win. Clark is a TE.

Stallworth was not a "superstar". He was probably a better receiver for longer than Swann, but neither was a real "superstar". Swann was borderline because of his graceful athleticism, but Stallworth was a great receiver who was a textbook #2.

Did you just refer to Amani Toomer as a "superstar"?!!? :lol: Even Plaxico Burress is not a superstar--- but Amani Freaking Toomer?

Please fill in my memory failure--- which Super Bowl did Fitz and Boldin win in Arizona?

Jay Novacek was an excellent TE, but was in no way a "superstar".

You seem to be foggy on what constitutes a "superstar" wide receiver. A true #1. A player capable of consistently dominating and producing. A true go-to guy. Stallworth, John Taylor, Toomer, Alvin Harper, and Ward are examples of very good, possibly great receivers who were fantastic as complimentary pieces to their teams.

So by your definition TG is not a superstar receiver? TG is a superstar and he plays receiver,that means WE DO HAVE two superstars at the receiver position, ohhhhhh, its because wide is not in front of it....... Opening Point Baptist

You cant constitute a "superstar" receiver because you are contradicting your own definition

Dwayne Bowe is a number 1 receiver but he is not a superstar.....yet, point Baptist

Truthfully Roddy White is in the same category, maybe in Atlanta he is a superstar but when I say his name in Texas people look at me as if they dont know him

Which leads me to my point, Every one of those players I mentioned were superstars on their teams and in their cities if not states, point Baptist

Furthermore, to be correct by definition........ a person, as a performer or athlete, who enjoys wide recognition

If you know anything about the game of football you know who Hines Ward is, point Baptist

Who when the Giants had him didnt know who "Well dressed" Amani Toomer was? Only people who dont know about the game of football are unfamiliar with every one of those names

To the foundation.....What wasnt addressed in your opinion is the fact......that TG has lost a step and I can only see two more seasons

Point being there is NO ROOKIE OR FREE AGENT that can match what Fitz or Johnson will bring to the table this year or for the next 4 years

We NEED another playmaker period,that does not mean it has to be a superstar by definition, outside of Roddy who do we have when TG leaves? Point Baptist

Now you can name well "this guy" can be "that guy", in reality what can be, is not what is.......Point Baptist

To the topic, realistically what it will take to get either one is probably too much, but I could care less what you "too many superstars" "too much money" guys are saying, to the dumpster with the insanity plea

Only combination that White and Jenkins can probably stand near is the Burress Toomer combo...by the way I took the "tight ends" out for your pleasure, since they dont count as receivers, so TG doesnt count as a compliment.....

With the exception of Boldin and Fitz every combination Won a superbowl for those who missed it, we are talking about Harrison and Wayne, Ward and Holmes, Bruce and Big Play, Swann and Stallworth,Burress and Toomer contemplate the names Im mentioning and move the to next point....

By your own words they were compliments and not "superstars" ......so...... who is complimenting Roddy White? Jenkins? Please.....Point Baptist,Baptist wins.........

Ok there are rumors that Calvin Johnson wants out of MoTown ... Also I seen heard (not sure if true - no link) that Larry Fitzgerald may be traded in the off season ... I'm not sure if he's unhappy or if it has something to do with mulitple 1st round draft picks, or something about the uncapped year ... Anyways if for some reason the Falcons dump Jenkins and his price tag in a trade for either WR ... Which one would you take ? The chances that the Falcons tie up this much of the cap in two WRs is slim but it would be nice huh ?

Which one would you rather have on the field with R.White, T.Gonzo, H.Douglas ?

I'm for bringing Calvin Johnson back home ... That would be a serious pick your poison ... with the running game we have, the QB we have this would be a super scary Offense. I see us adding much needed depth on the OL, DL, and DBs this year in the draft ... so I don't think WR is going to be tweaked too much as we still have one WR on IR and hopefully he comes back healthy next year ...

Didn't read the whole post, don't think i need to. All I have to say is I dont like the idea of 2 #1 recievers on one team.... Look at the Bengals :unsure:

We aren't paying two receivers Top 5 money so get it out of your heads.

Its fun to play the "what if" game but thats all it is....a game. Quality teams, teams that compete strongly and for a long time don't build teams like this, because its an unsustainable model. You build through the draft and take shots with trades or free agency when the return equals or exceeds the cost and puts you over the hump.

Both Fitzgerald and Johnson are fantastic receivers (for my money Fitzgerald is better) but having either of them come here is probably a pipe dream...unless the salary cap never comes back.

Neither,shore up the d and o line,look for Gonzo's replacement,and another back...if the o line is beefed up,we won't need another "superstar rec"

whats wrong with the oline??? i wouldnt mind seeing owen daniels as Gonzo's replacement. i also wouldnt mind a explosive rb in the mold of sporles or i guess even norwood without the injuries.

I guess ill answer the question and say CJ based on age however i think fitz would be a better fit here because Fitz has played with Boldin and can handle being the second fiddle at times.

Edited by findwaldo

We aren't paying two receivers Top 5 money so get it out of your heads.

Its fun to play the "what if" game but thats all it is....a game. Quality teams, teams that compete strongly and for a long time don't build teams like this, because its an unsustainable model. You build through the draft and take shots with trades or free agency when the return equals or exceeds the cost and puts you over the hump.

Both Fitzgerald and Johnson are fantastic receivers (for my money Fitzgerald is better) but having either of them come here is probably a pipe dream...unless the salary cap never comes back.

Exactly I've seen alot of this thread and alot of you must be playing Madden because as above you need balance on your offense not loaded up with Superstars we have a clear no.1 reciever here why do we need to imbalance it by adding another Jenkins is fine and does his job the only postion we upgrade here is TE and possibly RB and we don't need to spend 10 mill per to do it.

1) So by your definition TG is not a superstar receiver?

2) Dwayne Bowe is a number 1 receiver but he is not a superstar.....yet, point Baptist

3) Truthfully Roddy White is in the same category, maybe in Atlanta he is a superstar but when I say his name in Texas people look at me as if they dont know him

4) Which leads me to my point, Every one of those players I mentioned were superstars on their teams and in their cities if not states, point Baptist

5) If you know anything about the game of football you know who Hines Ward is, point Baptist

6) Who when the Giants had him didnt know who "Well dressed" Amani Toomer was? Only people who dont know about the game of football are unfamiliar with every one of those names

7) To the foundation.....What wasnt addressed in your opinion is the fact......that TG has lost a step and I can only see two more seasons

8) Point being there is NO ROOKIE OR FREE AGENT that can match what Fitz or Johnson will bring to the table this year or for the next 4 years

9) We NEED another playmaker period,that does not mean it has to be a superstar by definition, outside of Roddy who do we have when TG leaves? Point Baptist

10) I could care less what you "too many superstars" "too much money" guys are saying, to the dumpster with the insanity plea

11) By your own words they were compliments and not "superstars" ......so...... who is complimenting Roddy White? Jenkins? Please.....Point Baptist,Baptist wins.........

1) TG is THE superstar TE of all time. He is not a wide receiver. There is a difference between the responsibility of the two positions.

2) Dwayne Bowe? Why is he mentioned in any conversation about paired superstar wide receivers winning Super Bowls? :blink:

3) So hicks in Texas unaware of who Roddy White is makes him not a superstar receiver--- but Amani Toomer IS a superstar wide receiver? :wacko:

4) Popularity is not the point of this conversation. Well--- except to yourself, perhaps.

5) Knowing who Hines Ward is does not make him a superstar #1 wide receiver. He is one of the best all-around football players in the game, and probably one of the best the game has seen in a long time. But as great a player as he is, he was never dominant when he was the #1 receiver when the Steelers went through various short-lived pass-happy phases. He is perfect as a complimentary piece on a run-dominant team. Even if I concede superstar status to Hines Ward (which I wouldn't mind doing), there's still the matter of Santonio Holmes. There is no way anyone would consider him to be anything near a superstar.

6) Again: a cool Berman nickname does not make a pedestrian receiver a "superstar" in the context of this discussion.

7) So we need another very good receiving tight end. Did you plan on converting Fitz or CJ to TE? If not, the replacement of Tony Gonzalez is a separate issue from replacing Jenkins.

8) Another WR of that caliber is arguable even as a luxury. It is by no means a necessity. A wide receiver only handles the ball 3-7 times a game most times. A wide receiver can be schemed out of a game by a good defense. That $20 million would be better spent on areas of need. Defensive line, offensive line, secondary upgrades, a replacement for Turner (who is approaching the point where he will "hit the wall").

9) If the production when Tony Gonzalez leaves doesn't need to be a superstar, then why sink dollars into an extremely high-priced wide receiver to replace a tight end? Why not replace Tony Gonzalez's production with--- ANOTHER RECEIVING TIGHT END!!!

10) Of course. Money has absolutely no bearing on anything relating to professional sports. What could we possibly have been thinking? :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but Delusion Points do not count.