MegaTron or Fitz ?

Tandy Gossett

Ok there are rumors that Calvin Johnson wants out of MoTown ... Also I seen heard (not sure if true - no link) that Larry Fitzgerald may be traded in the off season ... I'm not sure if he's unhappy or if it has something to do with mulitple 1st round draft picks, or something about the uncapped year ... Anyways if for some reason the Falcons dump Jenkins and his price tag in a trade for either WR ... Which one would you take ? The chances that the Falcons tie up this much of the cap in two WRs is slim but it would be nice huh ?

Which one would you rather have on the field with R.White, T.Gonzo, H.Douglas ?

I'm for bringing Calvin Johnson back home ... That would be a serious pick your poison ... with the running game we have, the QB we have this would be a super scary Offense. I see us adding much needed depth on the OL, DL, and DBs this year in the draft ... so I don't think WR is going to be tweaked too much as we still have one WR on IR and hopefully he comes back healthy next year ...

Keep Jenkins. I prefer a real receiving corps over a Madden-esque collection of superstars, none of whom want to do the dirty work. Also, Roddy White will not accept--- nor should he accept--- being relegated to a #2 receiver. Asking him to do so would be bad for team chemistry, as Roddy has been here, been part of our building process, and is entrenched as one of the team leaders, at least on the field.

i think fitzgerald is the better overall receiver. but i wouldn't give jenkins away, his value in the run game is way bigger than many of us think. i'd rather draft a wr in the early rounds (and i think, that's exactly the way td builds a team...)

Keep Jenkins. I prefer a real receiving corps over a Madden-esque collection of superstars, none of whom want to do the dirty work. Also, Roddy White will not accept--- nor should he accept--- being relegated to a #2 receiver. Asking him to do so would be bad for team chemistry, as Roddy has been here, been part of our building process, and is entrenched as one of the team leaders, at least on the field.

ala T O and Chad Johnson

hows that working out for Bungles :wacko:

i think we should be more concerned about signing Gonzo our OLine Guys and B Grimes

just resign our guys and i am happy

if we are gonna spend big dollars we need to do so on a DE not a WR

just IMO

ala T O and Chad Johnson

hows that working out for Bungles :wacko:

i think we should be more concerned about signing Gonzo our OLine Guys and B Grimes

just resign our guys and i am happy

if we are gonna spend big dollars we need to do so on a DE not a WR

just IMO

You can't compare the combination of TO and Ocho to White and Fitzgerald. Roddy and Larry have less egos than the latter.

Neither. Keep the money for more important needs. Like a DE or two, or a speedy 3rd down back, or a Oline man.

Enough of this which superstar WR would we get! We have Roddy. Jenkins is fine and if not we will pick-up a good replacement from the 3rd or 4th round. There is a reason teams don't have more than one superstar WR. Well, teams that win. I guess Cincy has a couple. How are they doing again?

I dont understand why people think its CO and TO's fault that the team isnt winning games, did you not see the New Orlenas game last week? The defense lost them that game, the game against us? Palmer gave the game away with a bad pick. TO has been playing great for a player at his age, and CO is just in a huge funk right now.

Look at Arizona, they had Boldin and Fitz, that seemed to work out pretty dang well when they had a QB to throw the ball to them, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, Moss and Carter. There have been plenty of teams with 2 superstar WR's that had no problems winning.

Neither. Keep the money for more important needs. Like a DE or two, or a speedy 3rd down back, or a Oline man.

Enough of this which superstar WR would we get! We have Roddy. Jenkins is fine and if not we will pick-up a good replacement from the 3rd or 4th round. There is a reason teams don't have more than one superstar WR. Well, teams that win. I guess Cincy has a couple. How are they doing again?

This is just a what if. It won't happen we all know this but just for entertainment go with it.

Neither is a very realistic option for the Falcons (too much $ already tied up in WR with Roddy), but I'd take Calvin Johnson. Athletically he's in a class of his own- he has always looked like a man amongst boys and that hasn't changed in the NFL. And he's a scoring machine. He's got that "nose for the endzone", and it apparently doesn't matter who his QB is.

Fitz is amazing too, but MEGATRON is ridiculous.

Fitz is the better player, but we don't need either of them, we need to spend some money on the defensive side of the ball...Abe is getting old, so is Mike Peterson. We don't need to spend the big bucks on a WR.

Ive tried to stray away from name calling and insinuations

I will simply say this, we are talking about two weapons that have no rivals in comparison to rookies or any free agent or any other WR other than Roddy on the team

Many are mentioning Jenkins.....wow

You cant lose with either one,two class acts

CJ has the edge because he still has many years of good ball to play

I just read the "no flashy picks" comment, I guess Randy Moss wasnt a flashy pick

You guys have to be kidding me, baffled i am, duped even, to even fathom that someone has made it up in their minds that their team doensnt need the likes of a Larry Fitz or a Calvin Johnson

Beyond me.....Beyond what little intelligence I had

1) I just read the "no flashy picks" comment, I guess Randy Moss wasnt a flashy pick

2) You guys have to be kidding me, baffled i am, duped even, to even fathom that someone has made it up in their minds that their team doensnt need the likes of a Larry Fitz or a Calvin Johnson

3) Beyond me.....Beyond what little intelligence I had

1) How many Super Bowls did they win with Moss? What team does play for now, and why?

2) Look up "need" vs. "greed". No, we do NOT need two superstar receivers. No Super Bowl winning team aside from the Rams have had two true super star receivers, and they only won one, then collapsed like a house of cards the following season, then rebounded to lose another Super Bowl.

The next nearest thing would be Rice/Taylor, but Taylor, while an excellent receiver, was never a "superstar".

3) And finally we agree on something. :P