Gus Malzahn to be announced as head coach for vandy tomorrow.

SacFalcFan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MilesFomby

One quick tidbit before I head to bed: Unless things change Vanderbilt will have a new head coach today.

I hope he is right! That would be awesome, great, great hire for Vandy. Gus can go 7-5 or 8-4 with a bowl there every year and the boosters will be eating out of his palm. For 3 mill/year that is a no-brainer for a job.

Hearing Frazier may follow him as well, that would be a huge coup for Vandy and set them up for some major success the next few years, especially if Gus finds a great DC to support him.

Edited by Nicolae

It would be a good hire for Vandy but that being said I dont see Gus having the kind of success he has had this year at Vandy or anywhere for that matter. Cam made his offense work and without him Auburn' record would probably be about like last year. Players like Cam Newton are hard to find and Gus is smart enough to know that so I would be very surprised if he doesn't take some job after this season with his stock being so high right now.

Why wouldn't Florida snag him instead of Muschamp?

I think this would be a stupid move for Gus. I mean the money is SWEET! but how about winning. Unless he believes he needs HC on his resume to get the next Job...maybe SC when spurrier retires, Ole Miss, or maybe Mich.

USC... who knows.

I also think if he accepts the job it says alot about his relationship with Chizik. It would say he doesn't believe in him as a HC and thinks that it is his Offense that is the reason for the success.

This is a good stepping stone job where he can learn how to be a head coach without the massive amount of pressure that he would be under at a more successful football school. He stays in the southeast so he stays in the mind of schools/recruits down here and if he does fairly well, he'll get snagged by a bigger school in a few years.

If he doesn't do well nobody will hold it against him because it's vandy and no one succeeds there.

Seems like a good move by Gus to me.

Why wouldn't Florida snag him instead of Muschamp?

I think this would be a stupid move for Gus. I mean the money is SWEET! but how about winning. Unless he believes he needs HC on his resume to get the next Job...maybe SC when spurrier retires, Ole Miss, or maybe Mich.

USC... who knows.

I also think if he accepts the job it says alot about his relationship with Chizik. It would say he doesn't believe in him as a HC and thinks that it is his Offense that is the reason for the success.

Not one right minded individual attributes the success of that offense to the defense-minded Chizik, the defense-mminded Chizik who could barely even win in the big 12. Chizik's success is a combination of boosters and top cordinators.

Yet some Auburn fans believe they will be just fine. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah were gonna be in terrible shape it sure does suck to be an Auburn fan nevermind the fact that we are playing in a National Title game and will probably end up with another top 5-10 recruiting class again after last years :( hahahaha Auburn will be fine, when is this supposed announcement?

I agree. Gus and Cam are responsible for about 5 of Auburns wins. Auburn fans can deny it all they want but the fact of the matter is they would be 7-5 or 6-6 team if it weren't for those two. Next year, that might be the case.

agreed

It will be interesting to see who they bring in next

While my concern is primarily the national championship game less than a month away, I hope and pray that Auburn promotes Curtis Luper to OC rather than pursuing someone from the outside. Coach Luper is as articulate and ready to be an OC as anyone in the business and an incredible recruiter. I have spent a lot of time with him and he is even more impressive in person.

I won't pretend that Luper will be as strong as Malzahn on game day playcalling but he is ready to be a great OC. Next year was going to be a dropoff at offense anyway without Cam. For the future of the program, I think Luper would make a great transition without much pressure coming of a hopeful national championship.

I agree. Gus and Cam are responsible for about 5 of Auburns wins. Auburn fans can deny it all they want but the fact of the matter is they would be 7-5 or 6-6 team if it weren't for those two. Next year, that might be the case.

If Gus does leave I have faith that CGC will bring in another good coordinator he has already proven that he can put together a staff as for Gus not being able to win without Cam that's BS Gus was succesful last year with Chris Todd I'm not saying we'd still be undefeated without Cam but it's not like our team would be terrible my guess is we'd be going to a new years day bowl without Cam.

If Gus does leave I have faith that CGC will bring in another good coordinator he has already proven that he can put together a staff as for Gus not being able to win without Cam that's BS Gus was succesful last year with Chris Todd I'm not saying we'd still be undefeated without Cam but it's not like our team would be terrible my guess is we'd be going to a new years day bowl without Cam.

Come on man. Cam is one of those special players that come around a program once in a decade. You're having a special season due to Cam, no question about it.

Hold off on the arrogance though, you sound similar to UF fans from last year. "Brantley will step right in for TEBOW and we will not miss a beat."

One last thing. I would be very concerned if the coach responsible for my team playing in the NC is planning on taking another job.