Important link on the hiring of will muschamp.

SacFalcFan

Guest AtlWhite84

pretty much sums it up for me, was fooley even trying this go round

Why can you not just take a wait and see approach? What glimpse of the future have you been granted access to that allows you to stand here and explode your brain all over the place?

You know what happened the last time I went nuts and spent almost a week being incredibly pissed off and saying how foolish my team was for hiring a coach? The Falcons hired Mike Smith.

Why be angry about it now? What purpose does that serve? Welcome him into the Gator program with open arms, give him your full support and cheer when he leads the Gators onto the field.

3 years from now if we average 8 wins, THEN you can criticize him.

We are 4 hours into this hiring and already Gator fans are ready to see him fired. God do I hate my fanbase.

Why can you not just take a wait and see approach? What glimpse of the future have you been granted access to that allows you to stand here and explode your brain all over the place?

You know what happened the last time I went nuts and spent almost a week being incredibly pissed off and saying how foolish my team was for hiring a coach? The Falcons hired Mike Smith.

Why be angry about it now? What purpose does that serve? Welcome him into the Gator program with open arms, give him your full support and cheer when he leads the Gators onto the field.

3 years from now if we average 8 wins, THEN you can criticize him.

We are 4 hours into this hiring and already Gator fans are ready to see him fired. God do I hate my fanbase.

I agree.. I was pissed when the falcons hired Smith.. i was like "who the **** is this guy!".. now look... but this time I hope it doesnt work out hah

Jimbo's reaction.

95523095_display_image.jpg?1282531984

yep and it was the same reaction at the gala as well.. i can see how this hire will excite about rivals and gator fans.. for gator fans it means no addazio and for rival fans it's not even close to the kind of hire most expected for uf to take especially someone who has shown us nothing when it comes to being a head coach and will be getting on the job training as a head coach which is ridiculous for a top 5 program in the country. it's a boom or bust pick indeed.

Guest AtlWhite84

Jimbo Fisher was no where close to the hire that Gator fans thought FSU was going to make either.

Gator Nation did a collective backflip when they announced he was the head coach in waiting. Going off one year, he seems to be a pretty solid coach, so so much for initial reactions.

Jimbo Fisher was no where close to the hire that Gator fans thought FSU was going to make either.

Gator Nation did a collective backflip when they announced he was the head coach in waiting. Going off one year, he seems to be a pretty solid coach, so so much for initial reactions.

you can't use any comparisons to show whether a coach will or won't succeed.. it's a crapshoot with assistant coaches.. jimbo worked, but then the next coordinator may bomb. also fsu was not in the situation at all that uf is.. florida has won 2 out of the last 4 national titles. that's where any comparison fails.. uga and fsu were not in the same spots that uf is.. right now florida is one of the top programs in the country.. that is not a program you hire someone with no coaching experience to learn on the job how to be a head coach.. that is a program you hire an established head coach or even a young head coach who has shown something already running his own program. there is plenty of reason for rival fans to celebrate this hire compared to who florida could have hired. like i said it's a boom or bust pick. no matter who the gators hired you would find a reason to believe it was a good hire.. you are a gator fan.. if you guys had hired petrino or stoops or even mullen i would have given you guys props, but there is no way to spin this as a good hire right now.

you can't use any comparisons to show whether a coach will or won't succeed.. it's a crapshoot with assistant coaches.. jimbo worked, but then the next coordinator may bomb. also fsu was not in the situation at all that uf is.. florida has won 2 out of the last 4 national titles. that's where any comparison fails.. uga and fsu were not in the same spots that uf is.. right now florida is one of the top programs in the country.. that is not a program you hire someone with no coaching experience to learn on the job how to be a head coach.. that is a program you hire an established head coach or even a young head coach who has shown something already running his own program. there is plenty of reason for rival fans to celebrate this hire compared to who florida could have hired. like i said it's a boom or bust pick. no matter who the gators hired you would find a reason to believe it was a good hire.. you are a gator fan.. if you guys had hired petrino or stoops or even mullen i would have given you guys props, but there is no way to spin this as a good hire right now.

Exactly what I would say.