How to use Ovie?

Hendo

I wish we could use these last few games to get some new looks for Ovie. I recently looked back at the Eagles game from last season and the way the Eagles used FB Leonard Weaver. They had him lined up everywhere and he ripped us for about 40 yards rushing and about 70 yards receiving with a TD. I think Ovie has that kind of talent and could do the same if we drew up some more plays that feature him in prominent roles.

While Ovie could perhaps do more with screens, our offense does not run them as much as the Eagles (that's 50% of what the Eagles do), so we are not as good at executing them. The screen game takes a lot of practice to coordinate the O-line releasing blocks, etc. Not saying our line couldn't do it, but the time they spend practicing screens is time lost practicing Turner power runs or play action pass blocking or something else.

Agreed.

Ovie has much better ball skills than one-dimensional Turner. It's unfortunate our coaching staff doesn't use him to the fullest extent given that A) he performs his job in blocking well, B) he has performed well when he is given the touches, C) he has stated his DESIRE to gain more touches.

Our coaching staff should reward players that perform well.