Falcons Winningest Team In NFC Since 2008

Since Smitty and TD arrived in 2008, the Falcons are tied with the Aints for the best record in the NFC. Those two and PIT are tied for third best in the NFL as of 12/9/10.

There are scenarios where we could end up with the best three year record in the NFL. There are also some that could drop us to the 10th spot. We will likely finish best in the NFC and top three in the NFL. I'll post the final rankings in January.

Folks that includes the 9-7 season last year, which was marred by injuries, missed kicks, dropped balls and a brutal schedule. This regime's arrow is pointing up.

BEST RECORDS FROM 2008-2010 (through 12/9/2010)

IND 33-12 (.733)

NE 31-13 (.705)

ATL 30-14 (.682)

PIT 30-14 (.682)

NO 30-14 (.682)

PHI 28-15-1 (.636)

BAL 28-16 (.636)

NYG 28-16 (.636)

NYJ 27-17 (.614)

MIN 27-17 (.614)

If it wasn't for that play he'd probably still play for us. Everyone knows that he's why we lost the game.

While, I agree that his blunder might have had something to do with, but to me, the larger reason was, the Card defenders living in the Falcon's backfield for the larger part of the day, without benefit of a yellow hankie ;) I over it tho :P

If it wasn't for that play he'd probably still play for us. Everyone knows that he's why we lost the game.

Blaming 1 guy for that loss is ridiculous. That was a team lost. We had good moments and bad moments in that game but when it came crunch time our ENTIRE defense let us down. Not solely 1 guy. Maybe Warner over throws the guy if we get some pressure on him on that play? Maybe Milloy makes a play on the ball if he's in the right position? To blame just 1 guy for a team loss is absurd!

Great info.

Don't tell the media though, or they might have to start giving us some respect.

Yeah. Somehow the Falcons are still a "wait and see" team! :rolleyes:

While, I agree that his blunder might have had something to do with, but to me, the larger reason was, the Card defenders living in the Falcon's backfield for the larger part of the day, without benefit of a yellow hankie ;) I over it tho :P

I was gonna say the same thing. Dockett was offsides ALL DAY, and the refs NEVER called it. That was so frustrating.

Had alot to do with us not changing the snap count as well. I remember Dockett was constantly disrupting the interior.

Impressive. Couple of points however. One the Saints did not play their starters in week 17 of last year so if you want to hold that against them that is up to you. Also, why do the Colts have one extra game? Is that for playoffs. If so, you need to add 3 wins to the Saints total and add a loss for the Falcons :)

Impressive. Couple of points however. One the Saints did not play their starters in week 17 of last year so if you want to hold that against them that is up to you. Also, why do the Colts have one extra game? Is that for playoffs. If so, you need to add 3 wins to the Saints total and add a loss for the Falcons :)

Its from the Thursday Night game genius. Nice try though bwahahahahaha

Its from the Thursday Night game genius. Nice try though bwahahahahaha

Oh come on, did you honestly think I thought that one game was for the playoffs. Wouldn't the Colts have had as much as the Saints last year alone? I just wanted a reason to point out the 3 wins last year versus the 1 loss in 2008 for you guys. Give me credit for flaming instead of being an idiot. :lol:

Since Smitty and TD arrived in 2008, the Falcons are tied with the Aints for the best record in the NFC. Those two and PIT are tied for third best in the NFL as of 12/9/10.

There are scenarios where we could end up with the best three year record in the NFL. There are also some that could drop us to the 10th spot. We will likely finish best in the NFC and top three in the NFL. I'll post the final rankings in January.

Folks that includes the 9-7 season last year, which was marred by injuries, missed kicks, dropped balls and a brutal schedule. This regime's arrow is pointing up.

BEST RECORDS FROM 2008-2010 (through 12/9/2010)

IND 33-12 (.733)

NE 31-13 (.705)

ATL 30-14 (.682)

PIT 30-14 (.682)

NO 30-14 (.682)

PHI 28-15-1 (.636)

BAL 28-16 (.636)

NYG 28-16 (.636)

NYJ 27-17 (.614)

MIN 27-17 (.614)

Theres only 1 thing I hate about this stat that the other 4 teams around us have that we don't the Lombardi Trophy to validate there positions.But here's hoping we can add that this year or in the very near future.

Oh come on, did you honestly think I thought that one game was for the playoffs. Wouldn't the Colts have had as much as the Saints last year alone? I just wanted a reason to point out the 3 wins last year versus the 1 loss in 2008 for you guys. Give me credit for flaming instead of being an idiot. :lol:

Wouldn't be the dumbest thing a Saints fan has said on this board. :lol:

Theres only 1 thing I hate about this stat that the other 4 teams around us have that we don't the Lombardi Trophy to validate there positions.But here's hoping we can add that this year or in the very near future.

I so agree.

The only teams on the list that don't have a Lombardi are us and MIN.

MIN definitely won't get one this year. We still have a chance.

If we don't get one this year the arrow is still pointing up. Manning, Brady and Brees won't be around much longer. Those three teams could soon drop off the radar screen.

ATL is the best young franchise and are poised to become a dynasty.

Lets just call you a flaming idiot....

Cause they won thursday ******

I so agree.

The only teams on the list that don't have a Lombardi are us and MIN.

MIN definitely won't get one this year. We still have a chance.

If we don't get one this year the arrow is still pointing up. Manning, Brady and Brees won't be around much longer. Those three teams could soon drop off the radar screen.

ATL is the best young franchise and are poised to become a dynasty.

Philly has never won a superbowl either.

• 2 weeks later...