Apology in Order

Smitty47

You know at the start of the season a lot of people were bashing Jenkins as not being a good WR for the team. Along with people hitting on our OC and much more. I never reached out to the boards to bash anyone but I never really felt warm and fuzzy about Jenkins. I have to say I was completely wrong and he does without a doubt match up very well with Ryan and make the offense click very well. Hopefully others will also admit to being wrong cause honestly Jenkins deserves some pats on the back for many catches he has made this season. Glad to see he's becoming a very valuable number 2.

I have never understood the Jenkins hate. Yeah he hasnt turned out to be a #1 but his conributions to this team are huge. He may drop a pass now and then but it seems like when the team really needs a big catch he is there, and he has been very clutch. I was very happy when we got him back after his injury. The offense is vastly improved with him back in the lineup. Plus he is a **** of a blocker when it comes to the run game.

He was drafted to be number one but he takes his role and doesn't cause issues. He has made some very pivotal catches and after realizing this I feel bad for ever feeling like he should go.

I know what you mean though, I was frustrated with him his first few years but then I relized his contribution was more then just catches, yards, and TD's. Like I mentioned before he is a great run blocker, which helps the entire offense go.

Most definitely he helps in the running game. Honestly he has a lot of great qualities and yeah he most certainly could start at one for plenty of teams so to have him and not see any issues on the team speaks a lot of everyone.

Thats another thing I love about him, he doesnt NEED anything. He isnt Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens who need the atttention and stats. He just goes out and does his job. In fact that is what I love about this team, they all go out there and get the job done without worrying about stats or who gets the credit. That is the true meaning of the word team.

Uno dos haha thought he was a number 1 when drafted but turned into a great wr 2 props to big jenks he could be a number one on a lot of othere teams...

I am a fan of Jenkins in our system, on our team, and in his role. He is a great fit for where and how we use him.

But no: he is NOT a #1 receiver. He is a great complimentary piece; he would be ill-suited as THE piece of the puzzle.

When Jenkins was out, Ryan was basically using 1/2 the field, and everyone knew the ball was coming to Roddy. He hit Finneran and Douglas a few times, but by and large, it was either Roddy or Gonzalez. Once Jenkins returned, the difference was obvious. The whole field opened up, and opposing D's now have to account for him as well. #1, #2, whatever. It takes a team to win, and he is an important component on this team.

I have never understood the Jenkins hate. Yeah he hasnt turned out to be a #1 but his conributions to this team are huge. He may drop a pass now and then but it seems like when the team really needs a big catch he is there, and he has been very clutch. I was very happy when we got him back after his injury. The offense is vastly improved with him back in the lineup. Plus he is a **** of a blocker when it comes to the run game.

Ive warmed up to jenks a lot but this is the problem. His catches are in game changing/defining moments......

That is only because that is the only time( mostly anyway) he gets thrown at(defenses know they have to cover White and Tony G so they roll coverage leaving jenks more open)but this also means his Drops are the same situations!

Jenks definitely has his role in this offense. In our run first offense his blocking is probably what got him his contract, coupled with his average receiving ability.

But for this offense to be explosive, I believe he'll eventually need to be reduced to more of a situational role. As Falcon4Ever said, he makes some huge catches, but his drops are very significant too. With the young talent coming into the league, we could do better.

And there's no way I see him as a #1 receiver, unless it's for a team that's really lacking talent at the position. I feel bad for any team that would have to rely on Jenks as their #1 with his 'Random Brick-Hands' syndrome. :P

Thats another thing I love about him, he doesnt NEED anything. He isnt Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens who need the atttention and stats. He just goes out and does his job. In fact that is what I love about this team, they all go out there and get the job done without worrying about stats or who gets the credit. That is the true meaning of the word team.

Well, he doesn't need attention and stats because he isn't capable of doing what those guys do.

If I got paid $325,000 per game to catch 3 passes for 40 yards, I suppose I'd be quite content with my role too.

When Jenkins was out, Ryan was basically using 1/2 the field, and everyone knew the ball was coming to Roddy. He hit Finneran and Douglas a few times, but by and large, it was either Roddy or Gonzalez. Once Jenkins returned, the difference was obvious. The whole field opened up, and opposing D's now have to account for him as well. #1, #2, whatever. It takes a team to win, and he is an important component on this team.

In weeks 2 and 3 of this season, the Falcons had back to back games with 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing.

Not only was it the first time in franchise history that the Falcons had done this in consecutive games, it was the first time they ever did it in the same season twice.

In fact, they had only done it 5 times in the history of the franchise. But twice in a row earlier this season.......when Michael Jenkins was out.

The notion that this offense was struggling without Jenkins.....just silly really.

Jenkins has definitely earned his props this season. There's no doubt he disappointed some with some drops in the past, but this season has gone a long way in making up for it.

Is it me or does it seem when we're in an impossible situation to win, he or Finn comes up with THAT one play that saves the day? Roddy seems to set em up and those two knocks em down...gotta luv it! ^_^

Edited by DBFever2

He was drafted to be number one but he takes his role and doesn't cause issues. He has made some very pivotal catches and after realizing this I feel bad for ever feeling like he should go.

Actually he was drafted to be the #2 behind Peerless Price.

People seem to forget he was the sixth WR taken in his draft. Far below the level where you are expected to draft a game changer at WR.

If we had wanted a game changer at WR we would have had to use the pick we used on Deangelo at #8 to maybe get Lee Evans. Fitzgerald and Roy Williams were already off the board by then.

At pick 29 where we got Jenks there weren't very many game changers left. Henderson, Crayton, Berrian, and Welker ( who went undrafted that year ) were the only guys taken after Jenks who have had decent careers since then.

I'd argue Fitz and Evans are the only clear cut #1 WRs taken in that draft.

Edited by Geneaut

Jenkins made me mad for many years because he had the rare ability to not even drop balls but deflect them towards the DBs. But like Roddy he learned from his early mistakes and has established himself as the perfect #2 WR. I can´t believe that those Mora picks actually worked out that well, I think most of us would not have believed that 3-4 years ago.

I just know that our offense was visibly better once he came back from injury.

I can agree on that. Fans where saying, this was HD Big shot, to step in an become a legit number 2 WR. Wrong. HD was not going be number 2 in this offense. Especially people where bashing Jenkins from all those drop passes including myself when HD makes critical drops as well. Now I realize how valuable Jenkins is to this offense. Jenkins has dropped some passes, He also has made some critical catches.(Bears Game) I might be reaching little bit. But I think Jenkins plays a very big role when we talk about Matt Ryan being clutch. Only thing wrong with Jenkins is....his inconsistency to complete passes on the regular base.

In weeks 2 and 3 of this season, the Falcons had back to back games with 200 yards passing and 200 yards receiving.

Not only was it the first time in franchise history that the Falcons had done this in consecutive games, it was the first time they ever did it in the same season twice.

In fact, they had only done it 5 times in the history of the franchise. But twice in a row earlier this season.......when Michael Jenkins was out.

The notion that this offense was struggling without Jenkins.....just silly really.

I don't recall using the word struggling. In fact - I never did.

My point is that with Jenkins in the lineup vs. Jenkins out of the lineup is a big difference and that MJ opens up more of the playbook for MM to work with.