Dec. 10, 2007

fansince78

Listening to 680 today brought back some bad memories. Three years ago we found out that our star quarterback was headed to prison. The Saints beat the hello out of the Falcons at the dome and then overnight, the coach jumped ship. The fans had been let down by their quarterback, betrayed by their coach and were instantly the laughing stock of the NFL. That was the only time I have ever been embarrassed to be a fan of this team.

Three years later, we sit here talking about a team with a 10 and 2 record that has a chance to lock up a playoff berth this weekend. From top to bottom, we have a team we can be proud of and a team that has a chance to do something no other Falcons team has ever done. This has got to be one of the greatest success stories ever in the NFL.

Thank You, Mr. Blank!

It seems so long ago. My what a turn around this team has made in such a short time. I think Vick let us down but in my book Peturdo pushed the knife in to the hilt. I will never forgive either of them for the way they treated this organization. Not that my feelings matter to either one of them but thats just where i stand on the issue.

I remember being at work, and my boy who knew I listed to the 2 Live Stews from time to time was signaling for me to turn their show on. I figured they were being silly as usual...which they were...but I couldn't make out what they were joking about until they said, "For those of you just tuning in...Bobby Petrino has resigned as coach of the Falcons to take the HC job with Arkansas."

My jaw dropped...and then I just laughed. After everything that had gone down that year that's all I could do really. :lol:

It all worked out.

and I have heard that POS is ready to do the same thing to Arkansas if the price is right in Florida

I don't understand how players can respect, and want to play for a man that doesn't commit to his teams. He comes in and preaches all this BS about team unity, and never giving up. Psh, what a punk ***.

As p1ssed off and disgusted as I was that night it turned into the best night we could have asked for. It basically changed the course of the franchise. Thanks for leaving Petrino.....but you could have waited 3 more games. D1ck!!!

Didn't even have the decency to tell the organization or the players face to face either. Left the players that little POS 3 sentence note. Leaving was the best thing he could have done for us!

Didn't even have the decency to tell the organization or the players face to face either. Left the players that little POS 3 sentence note. Leaving was the best thing he could have done for us!

Exactly.

I don't think there is a man/player in the sports world that I hate more than him. I don't care that he left, he is just a coward. He leaves when the going gets tough. That is the last possible thing you want in a head coach.

yep coach jumped ship on my bday, 3 years ago. best birthday present right there.

Man, that sucks.

I felt horrible too. All of us Falcon faithful did.

It's the worst feeling when you're coach ditches you... <_<

But screw him! Now, thanks to him, we have a GREAT coach, and an AWESOME team.

RISE UP!!! :D

I was most embarrassed to be a falcon fan when vick came back to the dome with the eagles and they destroyed us , and there were tons of fans cheering for vick. Lowest point of being a falcon fan for me anyway.

to be honest, I still get embarassed when anybody talks about Eagles / Falcons.......they effin beat the crap out of us in past 3 years!

I was sicckkkk to my gut after this years loss!

BUT, I cant effin wait ....if we have to see them again in our dome in playoffs!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I still remember hearing this, not that it really mattered anymore at this point in the season. But it was a pretty devastating season. It's a big reason why having seasons like we're having now are so great to experience. You look at where we were and where we are now and it just feels that much better to realize what we overcame to get here.

As p1ssed off and disgusted as I was that night it turned into the best night we could have asked for. It basically changed the course of the franchise. Thanks for leaving Petrino.....but you could have waited 3 more games. D1ck!!!

Yeah, as much as I hate both Petrino and Vick for what they did, I have to remind myself that we would have stayed the course had they stuck around. Frankly, that course was going nowhere. We are in the position we're in now, in part, because of the both of them.

to be honest, I still get embarassed when anybody talks about Eagles / Falcons.......they effin beat the crap out of us in past 3 years!

I was sicckkkk to my gut after this years loss!

BUT, I cant effin wait ....if we have to see them again in our dome in playoffs!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

That is why I am one of the few who would like for the Eagles to come to the dome for the NFCCG. I feel very deeply that the Falcons would rise up and finally put that chapter behind this franchise. Yeah…I said it, I want Vick and the Eagles to be the team the Falcons have to beat to go to the Superbowl. I think this city needs it, the fans need it and it would shut up all of the doubters and Vick fans. As I've said before, Vick owes the Falcons a championship and I think the Falcons would collect on that debt.

That is why I am one of the few who would like for the Eagles to come to the dome for the NFCCG. I feel very deeply that the Falcons would rise up and finally put that chapter behind this franchise. Yeah…I said it, I want Vick and the Eagles to be the team the Falcons have to beat to go to the Superbowl. I think this city needs it, the fans need it and it would shut up all of the doubters and Vick fans. As I've said before, Vick owes the Falcons a championship and I think the Falcons would collect on that debt.

i've told several people it would be an exorcism, of sorts. he had his moment last season. we could have ours and end it. the only thing that would concern me is which fan base shows up. i'd hate to have the crowd from last year (generally speaking, of course) at a championship game.

Listening to 680 today brought back some bad memories. Three years ago we found out that our star quarterback was headed to prison. The Saints beat the hello out of the Falcons at the dome and then overnight, the coach jumped ship. The fans had been let down by their quarterback, betrayed by their coach and were instantly the laughing stock of the NFL. That was the only time I have ever been embarrassed to be a fan of this team.

Three years later, we sit here talking about a team with a 10 and 2 record that has a chance to lock up a playoff berth this weekend. From top to bottom, we have a team we can be proud of and a team that has a chance to do something no other Falcons team has ever done. This has got to be one of the greatest success stories ever in the NFL.

Thank You, Mr. Blank!

Went from the darkest of dark times back into the light in just 3 years? I still can't believe that. When YKW went to jail, PeStinko jumped ship, MeAngelo imploded, Slowey Joey took over at QB, Chris Mortenson told The Lie, Crump dissed the franchise as he was sent packing, THEN the Aints beat us down...I was afraid to even ask what else could go wrong. I couldn't watch ESPN for awhile, thought it would be at LEAST a decade before we recovered, listen as Sportstalk radio ripped on us mercilessly forEVER and now:

icanseeclearl128488930814062500.jpg