So I went into Guitar Center today

k-train

Me too. If I ever get an SG it will be a Cherry '62 RI with the Vibrola.

I've honestly thought about picking up a used Epi SG400, they're only $349 new, and tune it to Open E, I've been intrigued with that tuning lately. Doubt I can be the next Duane Allman, but it would be fun to mess with some slide licks, and Faces/Stones songs.

I've honestly thought about picking up a used Epi SG400, they're only $349 new, and tune it to Open E, I've been intrigued with that tuning lately. Doubt I can be the next Duane Allman, but it would be fun to mess with some slide licks, and Faces/Stones songs.

The 2010 G400s are supposed to be significantly better than previous years. If you spend a little on better pickups, they can be relly great guitars. Thought about doing that as a backup, but now I may have to go back and buy another one of these exclusives... maybe the Honeyburst w/ zebras this time.

I would like to inform many people in this thread including but not limited to the original poster that I hate you.

That is all. :angry:

I'll make you a deal. I will let you drive over to Chapel Hill & you can look at it... in person! (well, I might ask that you don't get within 8 feet of it...)

Really? I tried an older model SG once and that thing was heavy.

The old SGs (60's, 70's. early 80's) are all pretty light guitars. Those tend to all be under 7 lbs typically. The modern production SG standards are noticeably heavier, but still on the lighter side compared to most guitars.