Sir Purr – Disgrace to the NFC South

When in 1994 the new NFL franchise in Charlotte first announced what their team name would be, the Carolina Panthers, I had my own vision of what might be a representative of the new franchise. So to represent their team, what did the burgomasters running the new Carolina franchise come up with to inspire their team and encourage the Carolina fans while daunting their foes?

This:

Sir%20Purr.jpg

Sir Purr

My vision of a panther was more along the lines of the below photo:

th_panther-7.jpg

This feline is obviously one bad-azz mofo. And Sir Pu$$y is Carolina's interpretation of a nightmare stalker? Carolina couldn't make an even slightly intimidating mascot from this cat?

Heck, if Sir Purr and Freddie Falcon were to fight, is there any doubt who would win? Clearly, Freddie without breaking a sweat.

When in 1994 the new NFL franchise in Charlotte first announced what their team name would be, the Carolina Panthers, I had my own vision of what might be a representative of the new franchise. So to represent their team, what did the burgomasters running the new Carolina franchise come up with to inspire their team and encourage the Carolina fans while daunting their foes?

This:

Sir%20Purr.jpg

Sir Purr

My vision of a panther was more along the lines of the below photo:

th_panther-7.jpg

This feline is obviously one bad-azz mofo. And Sir Pu$$y is Carolina's interpretation of a nightmare stalker? Carolina couldn't make an even slightly intimidating mascot from this cat?

Heck, if Sir Purr and Freddie Falcon were to fight, is there any doubt who would win? Clearly, Freddie without breaking a sweat.

Sir Purr... :huh::lol:

Wow, Didn't know the Panthers were that young of a team.

Actually the Panthers (and the Jacksonville Jaguars) didn't start playing until the 1995 season.

There are some fairly bad NFL mascots out there, and I really don't think Sir Purr is the worst. How can even a devoted Dallas Cowboys fan look at Rowdy the Cowboy and not get creeped-out?

220px-Dallas_cowboys_rowdy.JPG

The Atlanta Falcons at least got it's mascot fairly right the first time. Freddie Falcon is the dean of the NFL Mascots, with only slight modifications of the costume since Freddie's appearance in 1974.

Freddie%20Falcons.jpg

Two things that could go away as far as I'm concerned...mascots and cheerleaders. I know I'm probably going to get neg'd for adding cheerleaders in there, but my opinion of them has drastically changed since my 6 yr old son has started watching games w/ me.

If that ever happens and the cheerleaders disappear, when your son hits the age where he's interested in girls, he's gonna smack you for such a thought. :D

Actually the Panthers (and the Jacksonville Jaguars) didn't start playing until the 1995 season.

There are some fairly bad NFL mascots out there, and I really don't think Sir Purr is the worst. How can even a devoted Dallas Cowboys fan look at Rowdy the Cowboy and not get creeped-out?

220px-Dallas_cowboys_rowdy.JPG

The Atlanta Falcons at least got it's mascot fairly right the first time. Freddie Falcon is the dean of the NFL Mascots, with only slight modifications of the costume since Freddie's appearance in 1974.

Freddie%20Falcons.jpg

Crazy Ray, who died in 2007 was the much more accepted altho " un official" mascot off any Cowboys fan.

And is that a skirt Freddy is wearing?

Crazy+Ray.gif

Two things that could go away as far as I'm concerned...mascots and cheerleaders. I know I'm probably going to get neg'd for adding cheerleaders in there, but my opinion of them has drastically changed since my 6 yr old son has started watching games w/ me.

How could any red blooded man not want to see the cheerleaders? Are they really that offensive to you? Ward Clever?

now i know where all these rainbows that are on cars stem from. does girls dancing around really offend u? i hope u dont let him watch cable then. or go out in public... there are girls in skimpy clothes out there too.. better home school the kid.