Americas Love affair with the Aints is over?

Karst41

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's actually a relief to have the media stop all the katrina hype and have just the play on the field in direct focus. Saints are doing great and no team in recent memory has come off a superbowl win to post a winning season, let's start right there peeps.

*yawn*

it's actually a relief to have the media stop all the katrina hype and have just the play on the field in direct focus. Saints are doing great and no team in recent memory has come off a superbowl win to post a winning season, let's start right there peeps.

You are not too bad for a Saint fan, so don't take this too personal...but you are a Saints fan:

The 2003 and 2004 Patriots won back to back superbowls with a losing record? Or is 6 years ago (pre-Katrina?) not considered recent memory?

You can also go from Pats Superbowl winner in 2004 to 2005 went 10-6, won the wild card and lost the divisional playoff.

Both are winning seasons.

This myth about a "Superbowl hangover" makes no sense and is certainly no reason to reach around your a$$ with your elbow to pat yourself on the back.

You are not too bad for a Saint fan, so don't take this too personal...but you are a Saints fan:

The 2003 and 2004 Patriots won back to back superbowls with a losing record? Or is 6 years ago (pre-Katrina?) not considered recent memory?

You can also go from Pats Superbowl winner in 2004 to 2005 went 10-6, won the wild card and lost the divisional playoff.

Both are winning seasons.

This myth about a "Superbowl hangover" makes no sense and is certainly no reason to reach around your a$$ with your elbow to pat yourself on the back.

I knew the Dynasty Patriots were the exception...Sounds like Saints are in pretty good company

That's funny. An American love affair w/ the Saints. I know the media thinks highly of itself but it's not America. Normal Americans have never loved the Saints.

If you're not a Falcons fan or a fan of a once decent team that's been crushed by the Saints, what's there not to like?

Edited by SAINTªANGER

I knew the Dynasty Patriots were the exception...Sounds like Saints are in pretty good company

The Colts were 13-3 after their super bowl. The Giants were 12-4 after their super bowl season, and the Steelers were 9-7 after their most recent super bowl.

What is this "no team in recent memory has come off a superbowl win to post a winning season" business again? Where in the world did you get this horrible assumption?

lol, not that it's really important to this Saints fan but, "it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never been loved at all." ^_^

Yea, I dont think America ever loved you. They were only happy for you for a half a second. All of America's thought process after super bowl win: "oh, well, good for them. I wonder if there is any pizza left". That is the extent of America's "love" for the Taints. ;)

The Colts were 13-3 after their super bowl. The Giants were 12-4 after their super bowl season, and the Steelers were 9-7 after their most recent super bowl.

What is this "no team in recent memory has come off a superbowl win to post a winning season" business again? Where in the world did you get this horrible assumption?

ha...i was just about to say same thing...hilarious, those don't count...the saint's have to be the only team to put up a winning season after their superbowl season...they just have to be, nobody else could possibly do that...superbowl hangover...ahhhhhh, i don't understand....how could it be

I think our resident Aints fan is getting it confused with the recent Superbowl LOSERS follow-up season. I believe that is where the real drop off occurs.

I got it from the media pounding Saints with that soon after they won the SB. I looked it up and it was 5 of the last 11 failed to make the post season.

All I see in this post is "Hi I'm a wetawd." Is there anything else you're trying establish?

Saints are doing great and no team in recent memory has come off a superbowl win to post a winning season, let's start right there peeps.

Wrong again. The Giants won the Super Bowl in 2007 and then went 13-3 in the 2008 regular season with a division title, 1st round bye, and the number 1 seed. The Saints won't win their division, will be a wildcard, and will be a #5 seed. :)

I got it from the media pounding Saints with that soon after they won the SB. I looked it up and it was 5 of the last 11 failed to make the post season.

I was simply pointing out your slight exaggeration, because you did say NO team in recent memory. You also said winning season, not return to postseason. Also, the last 11 years, it was 4, not 5 teams to fail to return to the playoffs. 4 out of 11 seems about right in this leauge of parity.

Again, simply an observation(that the Saints going back to the playoffs isnt special). ;)

Isn't it funny that now that all the Katrina sympathy is over, the aints appear positively ordinary? They have struggled the last two weeks to even beat the cowgirls and the bungles. Wonder where they would be without that gift wrapped victory over Minnesota in the playoffs? They won the Superbowl fair and square, no denying that. They were lucky enough to catch Peyton on a bad day but they really didn't deserve to be there. I think the truth is is that most of America besides the small group of morons that are aint fans realizes that the Superbowl trip was a gift to make up for Katrina.

Edited by FalcFanSinceSix!!