FNCO makes the AJC!

Rev_Hal

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/12/09/falcon-nation-luncheon-with-weiner-bartkowski-and-butler/

Falcon Nation luncheon with Weiner, Bartkowski and Butler

7:00 am December 9, 2010, by D. Orlando Ledbetter

Falcon-Nation.jpg Todd Weiner, D. Orlando Ledbetter, Steve Bartkowski and Bobby Butler and the Lunch with Legends program on Tuesday.

SANDY SPRINGS – Former Falcon players Steve Bartkowski, Bobby Bulter and Todd Weiner received “True Falcon” awards from the Falcon Nation Charity Organization on Tuesday.

It was their second annual “Lunch with the Legends” program.

The nonprofit group organizes events to help support the former player’s charities.

FNCO-logo-300x229.jpg Falcon Nation Charity Organization logo.

Bartkowski does work with the Brookhaven Boys and Girls club. Butler hosts several football camps and along with Buddy Curry works with the Kids and Pros organization. Weiner, who retired after the 2008 season, has a bible study program on Tuesday morning at the Atlanta Union Mission.

(I served as the Master of ceremonies. Pretty cool!)

All of the players were gracious in answering questions that were submitted from the audience. They were also very passionate in talking about their charity work.

One of the questions for Weiner was, “What was it like at the bottom of the pile trying to recover a fumble?”

“That’s actually something that when I came to Atlanta, Dan Reeves had us work on in practice,” Weiner said. “He had the linemen run around, and he throw the ball out so we could practice recovering a fumble. There was actually a technique. You didn’t want to land on the ball, but you kind of wanted to roll into and cradle the ball so they can take it away.

“Actually, the ball gets stolen back and forth, about three or four times in the pile.”

A silent auction was held to help raise funds for the respective charities.

–D. Orlando Ledbetter

Well, he made THAT sound about as exciting as vanilla.

The ONLY Legend response I was disappointed with was this fumble pile question!! I wanted to hear about eye gauging, testicle twisting, finger breaking and foot tickling! Instead we get this treatise on TECHNIQUE!?!? Come ON Todd, and Orlando! You each shined much brighter than this article reflected.

In fact, I had a pretty entertaining and enlightening chat with Mr. Ledbetter regarding YKW's weed issues.

Edited by holymoses

Well, he made THAT sound about as exciting as vanilla.

The ONLY Legend response I was disappointed with was this fumble pile question!! I wanted to hear about eye gauging, testicle twisting, finger breaking and foot tickling! Instead we get this treatise on TECHNIQUE!?!? Come ON Todd, and Orlando! You each shined much brighter than this article reflected.

In fact, I had a pretty entertaining and enlightening chat with Mr. Ledbetter regarding YKW's weed issues.

Really? Did D'Led hit the ol' pipe with YKH? laugh.gif

Weiner looks like he could still suit up. I know his knees are toast, but he's staying in shape.

Good to see #10 and #23. I always liked Bobby Butler.

He's been rehabbing the knee aggressively and says it's doing pretty well. He really does look fit. I told him "Hey, you're fit, the knee's coming along . . . you need to come out of retirement!"

He said that he told the team that he would only come back under one condition:

a) One play

b ) Victory formation

c) End of the Superbowl

Edited by holymoses

NO no no . . . . . I did NOT mean to imply THAT!

It just sounds like there was more information out there than could be responsibly reported.

It's over, it's done, and the organization as a whole is in a much better place. Time to forgive and move on.

Or it's time to go toke the weed with D'Led. ;)