Has there ever been a game this season...

I'm just curious.

All season I've seen people get nervous when we face the tough teams, and everyone has said stuff like "It could go either way" or "This is a win/win situation" or "This team really scares me".

Along with that, in just about every "bad" team that we've played people automatically go with the "This could be a TRAP game" or "Don't undermine these guys, their 1-10 record doesn't correlate with how they play".

I mean seriously. I understand the ole' be mindful of every opponent you play, but do you honestly think Patriots fans would be afraid of playing Carolina this season? I just don't get the lack of confidence that I see in some of you guys. I think it would be great to feel like you have a team that you were confident would win this match-up 9 times out of 10, with the 1 time being the result of something extraordinarily happening in the opposing team's favor.

I just think we should rejoice that we have a great team this year. I know how some of you feel we could still tank it given our past, but we are all witnessing something that none of us has ever been apart of in this franchise's history. At some point I just think we should gain some confidence. I'd really hate to see us in the playoffs with our fans creating topics of how the opposing team can beat us, and why we shouldn't put 100% faith in winning and blah, blah, blah.

This is the NFL, our team plays to win and I think as fans we should share that mentality. (Especially against 1-10 teams.)

Felt good about? Yes. Pretty much the whole schedule. I have been worried about some games but I have felt like every game was in our reach before kickoff. I have to admit that I was thinking we had to play our best and the Saints their worst when we faced them on their field but that was not the case.

Well I am kind of famous for being one of the biggest skeptics of this team both prior to the season and early in the season.

I thought the Falcons had a good chance to lose at Pitt.

I thought they were going to lose to Baltimore.

I thought they were 50/50 against the Pack.

I've pretty much expected them to win the rest, even New Orleans. I also thought they would beat Philly, and was wrong obviously.

Felt good about? Yes. Pretty much the whole schedule. I have been worried about some games but I have felt like every game was in our reach before kickoff. I have to admit that I was thinking we had to play our best and the Saints their worst when we faced them on their field but that was not the case.

I have to kind of agree with you, the Saints game at the Superdome was probably the only game this whole season where I think I can rightfully say I was "worried" about. I didn't think it was a case that we had to play our best and they had to play their worst, but I was fearful that the game could get out of our reach very quickly.

But there has not been one game that I did not think we were the superior team across the board. I hope I'm not too much of a homer, but I really do believe we have the most balanced team in the NFL and because of that we will be able to meet any challenge with any facet of our game.

Edit: I was absolutely stunned at the Philly game. I had missed it and when I saw the score I didn't even want to watch replays or anything.

Edited by Master Exploder

i think its more along the lines of unpredictability. Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL. Any given Sunday any team can make miracles. The Falcons are highly favored against Carolina of course and I pretty much can say we will win... but freak plays and mishaps do happen...

I'm just curious.

All season I've seen people get nervous when we face the tough teams, and everyone has said stuff like "It could go either way" or "This is a win/win situation" or "This team really scares me".

Along with that, in just about every "bad" team that we've played people automatically go with the "This could be a TRAP game" or "Don't undermine these guys, their 1-10 record doesn't correlate with how they play".

I mean seriously. I understand the ole' be mindful of every opponent you play, but do you honestly think Patriots fans would be afraid of playing Carolina this season? I just don't get the lack of confidence that I see in some of you guys. I think it would be great to feel like you have a team that you were confident would win this match-up 9 times out of 10, with the 1 time being the result of something extraordinarily happening in the opposing team's favor.

I just think we should rejoice that we have a great team this year. I know how some of you feel we could still tank it given our past, but we are all witnessing something that none of us has ever been apart of in this franchise's history. At some point I just think we should gain some confidence. I'd really hate to see us in the playoffs with our fans creating topics of how the opposing team can beat us, and why we shouldn't put 100% faith in winning and blah, blah, blah.

This is the NFL, our team plays to win and I think as fans we should share that mentality. (Especially against 1-10 teams.)

The Pats and Saints fans probably thought the Browns were going to be an easy 'W'.

Having said that I feel MUCH better about this game than I have any this season but I still don't feel like it's an automatic W.

It's probably because I still vividly remember when we thought the Panthers should have been a team we could easily beat and then they came in the Dome and embarassed us because they ran a single wing the entire game or our team just quit (twice).

Granted those were different teams and this is a different coaching staff... but I've just seen too many teams we 'should have beat' beat us to take any team for granted... ever.

I think any longtime Falcons fan still has that nagging feeling that something bad is right around the corner. I mean it is in our DNA now.

Ditto that....I am confident but,there is still that feeling...but,rest assured,this team with be focused and ready to play come sunday,and I assure they will not take the Panties lightly...I just hope we can crush them early and eliminate any doubt.That is was great teams do.

I understand the whole unpredictability thing, but like I was saying.. do you think Patriot fans are creating topics on their own message board saying, "Oh no guys, we're playing the Lions for Thanksgiving.. looks to be a TRAP game!"

And I'm sure someone will find 1 post on a Patriots fan board saying that :P , but the point is I doubt the majority is like that. I just would like to have that winning-esque arrogance with our fan base

I understand the whole unpredictability thing, but like I was saying.. do you think Patriot fans are creating topics on their own message board saying, "Oh no guys, we're playing the Lions for Thanksgiving.. looks to be a TRAP game!"

And I'm sure someone will find 1 post on a Patriots fan board saying that :P , but the point is I doubt the majority is like that. I just would like to have that winning-esque arrogance with our fan base

Let us not forget,the Lions gave them all they could handle.....the first half anyways!! :lol:

The Pats and Saints fans probably thought the Browns were going to be an easy 'W'.

Having said that I feel MUCH better about this game than I have any this season but I still don't feel like it's an automatic W.

It's probably because I still vividly remember when we thought the Panthers should have been a team we could easily beat and then they came in the Dome and embarassed us because they ran a single wing the entire game or our team just quit (twice).

Granted those were different teams and this is a different coaching staff... but I've just seen too many teams we 'should have beat' beat us to take any team for granted... ever.

I agree with you, I think the Pats and Saints fans both thought the Browns would be an easy W, and like I said 9 times out 10 they're probably going to win those match-ups, but for that 1 time something extraordinary will happen in the opposing teams favor and they will win it. Granted the Browns have played good football all season, but if you watch the Pats game, you'll understand what I'm talking about with the 1 time out of 10 with everything going right.

But even though they lost, I'm sure their fans still felt confident going into them, like you said. Why is that a bad thing though? Shouldn't it be good to feel confident about beating an easy team? Sure the loss is probably a tough sting, but why does that mean that we should approach every game with a cautious mindset?

Personally, I think confidence builds a greater stability in the fan base rather than the overly-cautious fans.

i think its more along the lines of unpredictability. Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL. Any given Sunday any team can make miracles. The Falcons are highly favored against Carolina of course and I pretty much can say we will win... but freak plays and mishaps do happen...

I can't really worry myself too much about the Panthers other than getting out of those games healthy. They find ways to lose while we find ways to win. They could put up 4 TDs in the first quarter and I wouldn't bet on them to win the game.

I think we would have to turn the ball over 4 times and allow them a couple of really long returns for them to have a shot.

Of course it is not a lock for a win but the chance of us losing has to be less than 10 percent.

Pats fans are used to winning and they have won SBs. It is not a fair comparison.

I was confident last weeks game against TB would be an easy win

that will teach me

It was an easy win. I only had to get out of my chair a few times.

TB is a weird team this year. I know they wanted to make a statement by winning a game against a good team but I was surprised at how lackluster they went after the Ravens. Yet for us they treated it like a playoff game both times.

Not really to be honest.

But I think that's crucial. I think the team feels that way too. Not that they're worried about losing, but that no game is a gimme and they're going to have to work their tail off to get EVERY win.

So I think that kind of mentality is huge for us this year.

Part of the Saints problem early on is they thought they were gonna roll over everyone. I don't believe in the SB hangover excuse. They thought they were top dog this year because of last year and now they're in a win-out situation practically to make the playoffs...not quite, but close.

So...Confident yes, over-confident...no way.

Edited by BADTOLZ