16 Mon, Dec 27 @Atlanta 8:30 PM Tickets | Travel

17 Sun, Jan 2 vsTampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel

The last four games are a tough stretch for the saints

the bucs last four 7-5

14 Sun, Dec 12 @Washington 1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel

15 Sun, Dec 19 vsDetroit 1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel

16 Sun, Dec 26 vsSeattle 1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel

17 Sun, Jan 2 @New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel

only real tough game left for the bucs is the last one.

I see the second place team in the division will come down to the final game and probably will be the last wild card spot.

It hurts TB that their corner is out for the season..

But i see the playoffs will start in week 17 for the bucs and saints

The Packers (8-4) remaining schedule: @ Detroit, @ New England, NYG, and Chicago

The Giants (8-4) remaining schedule: @ Minny, Philly, @ GB and @ Wash.

The two wildcard spots should be between Saints, Packers and Giants. The Saints (9-3) own a one-game edge on the other two teams. The Giants and Packers remaining schedule is just as difficult if not more difficult than the Saints so the Bucs could slip in based solely on that. However, the injuries they've suffered at safety, plus season-enders to their center and best corner, will make it tough for them to reach the postseason.

they wont have a two game lead. you are playing two top teams on the road. it is very possible for you to drop both of those. with the way yall played against dallas.. i would be worried about the rams too ;)

For one, the Cowboys are playing much better right now. I hate to blame one player, but Reggie almost single-handedly cost us that game, dropping a TD and shortly after fumbling a punt return right when we were about to make it a blowout. But hats off to the Cowboys. They are playing much better, as I said, and the Eagles will have their hands full this weekend.

We'll split the Ravens and Falcons games. The Ravens are gonna be playing us in their stadium, but after a short week due to them playing a road Monday night game the week before in Houston. And the Falcons game, I'm not gonna guarantee victory, but this Saints team is gonna come in there pissed off and you know we're gonna have tons of Saints fans in attendance. We won't be intimidated either, and will play better than we did earlier in the year against you guys, because we're been on fire offensively in the past five games.

Edited by Saintsfan422

We'll split the Ravens and Falcons games. The Ravens are gonna be playing us in their stadium, but after a short week due to them playing a road Monday night game the week before in Houston. And the Falcons game, I'm not gonna guarantee victory, but this Saints team is gonna come in there pissed off and you know we're gonna have tons of Saints fans in attendance. We won't be intimidated either, and will play better than we did earlier in the year against you guys, because we're been on fire offensively in the past five games.

By that time, we'll have clinched homefield and won the division. Our starters will be sitting...consider it a favor.

B)

We won't be intimidated either, and will play better than we did earlier in the year against you guys, because we're been on fire offensively in the past five games.

I will give you props for the Pitt game but the other four????

Steelers....9-3

Panthers...1-11

Seahawks...6-6

Cowgirls...4-8

Bengals...2-10

Those are not teams to beat your chest over how well your offense is doing.

The Falcons have won 6 in a row playing.....

Bengals...2-10

Bucs......7-5

Ravens....8-4

Rams......6-6

Packers....8-4

Bucs......7-5

So if you take the last 5 games only, Saints have played teams with a total record of.....22-38.

If you take the last five games only, Falcons have played teams with a total record of....36-24.

Be careful in how well you think you will be doing in the Atlanta dome, and how easy of a victory it will be.

Edited by mcsupersport

Last five games for Atlanta is 36 and 24, not 34.

Edit: Oops. Looks like you caught that before I pressed send.

:D

Yeah, no matter how many times I read something in the post making screen, I usually don't find all the problems until after pressing send, and then I have to go back and edit. Learned the hard way to post it, reread again, and double check everything closely, otherwise I end up sounding like a bigger idiot than I actually am.

Yeah, no matter how many times I read something in the post making screen, I usually don't find all the problems until after pressing send, and then I have to go back and edit. Learned the hard way to post it, reread again, and double check everything closely, otherwise I end up sounding like a bigger idiot than I actually am.

Oh, believe me, I know.

:D

Sitting in week 16? You gotta be kidding me.

The way the reminaing schedules are for you and Tampa, yes, I see us sitting pretty. We hold tiebreakers on both of you. As far as homefield...the Eagles were the team I was watching, but their loss to the Bears cost them big time. That leaves Chicago, who has a brutal stretch ahead of them (NE, @ MIN, NYJ, @ GB) and maybe Green Bay, but you should already know the result of that one, right? Yea, of course you do. B)

As for any other "potential", they either have a tough stretch of games ahead of them or the Falcons already hold tiebreakers against them be it strength of schedule, like opponents, or head-to-head. All we have to do is win two more games on the road (@ CAR, @ SEA - 7-17 record combined - thanks mcsupersport) and watch everyone else fight for position.

As for any other "potential", they either have a tough stretch of games ahead of them or the Falcons already hold tiebreakers against them be it strength of schedule, like opponents, or head-to-head. All we have to do is win two more games on the road (@ CAR, @ SEA - 7-17 record combined - thanks mcsupersport) and watch everyone else fight for position.

Wrong, if you guys lose to us and Carolina in either of the two games, we can lose to Baltimore and still win the division. If you all lose to Seattle and we win the rest of our games, that will also give us the division.

Also, regardless of the playoff situation, if you think your coach is gonna let your starters sit for an entire month, either he, you or both of you are crazy.

Edited by Saintsfan422

For one, the Cowboys are playing much better right now. I hate to blame one player, but Reggie almost single-handedly cost us that game, dropping a TD and shortly after fumbling a punt return right when we were about to make it a blowout. But hats off to the Cowboys. They are playing much better, as I said, and the Eagles will have their hands full this weekend.

If the Saints lose to Baltimore they will not split @BAL and @ATL. After a number of New Orleans' natives relocated to Atlanta following Katrina, they have found a way to get a solid number of Saints fans in the GA Dome but it's not going to make a difference. Since the beginning of the Arthur Blank era, the Georgia Dome has always been pro-Falcons and decisively so. It won't be any different on Monday Night. The will place will be going crazy and it will be pandemonium USA.

On fire, perhaps, but the Saints haven't faced the type of offense that we run nor the level at-which we run it. Your offensive unit will be watching the game from the side-line. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner will be the primary entertainers and the New Orleans' offensive possessions will be minimized by our ball-control offense. That is what happens to the opposition when you agree to show up for a 60 minute contest in the BirdsNest under the roof of the Terror-Dome.

I will give you props for the Pitt game but the other four????

Steelers....9-3

Panthers...1-11

Seahawks...6-6

Cowgirls...4-8

Bengals...2-10

Those are not teams to beat your chest over how well your offense is doing.

The Falcons have won 6 in a row playing.....

Bengals...2-10

Bucs......7-5

Ravens....8-4

Rams......6-6

Packers....8-4

Bucs......7-5

So if you take the last 5 games only, Saints have played teams with a total record of.....22-38.

If you take the last five games only, Falcons have played teams with a total record of....36-24.

Be careful in how well you think you will be doing in the Atlanta dome, and how easy of a victory it will be.

This is the NFL. The Saints offense is on fire, and playing much better than it did in the beginning of the year, period. It can't be argued.

Edited by Saintsfan422

If the Saints lose to Baltimore they will not split @BAL and @ATL. After a number of New Orleans' natives relocated to Atlanta following Katrina, they have found a way to get a solid number of Saints fans in the GA Dome but it's not going to make a difference. Since the beginning of the Arthur Blank era, the Georgia Dome has always been pro-Falcons and decisively so. It won't be any different on Monday Night. The will place will be going crazy and it will be pandemonium USA.

On fire, perhaps, but the Saints haven't faced the type of offense that we run nor the level at-which we run it. Your offensive unit will be watching the game from the side-line. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner will be the primary entertainers and the New Orleans' offensive possessions will be minimized by our ball-control offense. That is what happens to the opposition when you agree to show up for a 60 minute contest in the BirdsNest under the roof of the Terror-Dome.

One, haven't our fans travelled well to Falcon games since the early 80s? And two, I agree that that is why you guys are winning games. Ball control, hammering the opposing defense and not committing turnovers. If you continue doing that and not commit any turnovers, you guys should beat us again. But like I wrote before, the Saints are gonna be a pissed off bunch seeking revenge when they enter the Georgia Dome Dec. 27th. Are you gonna be able to match that boiling pot of intensity they're gonna bring? We'll see.

Edited by Saintsfan422

THen the quality of our ten and two record can't be argued either..if you are going to use that argument.

Why, do you question your record? It seems like all the media "experts" are, but I never did. I just think you guys are on a roll and avoiding injuries and turnovers like no team I've ever seen.

Edited by Saintsfan422

Wrong, if you guys lose to us and Carolina in either of the two games, we can lose to Baltimore and still win the division. If you all lose to Seattle and we win the rest of our games, that will also give us the division.

Also, regardless of the playoff situation, if you think your coach is gonna let your starters sit for an entire month, either he, you or both of you are crazy.

I'm looking at your remaining schedule...you guys have a shot, but while you drop one to the Ravens, we gain another against Seattle. If you haven't noticed, the Falcons are dead serious this year. We want homefield and we're seizing the opportunity. The Bucs win was important because if we did lose to them, we would have to win the remainder of our games. Now, we can afford to even drop one to ya'll and then beat Carolina...at home. B)

One, hasn't our fans travelled well to Falcon games since the early 80s? And two, I agree that that is why you guys are winning games. Ball control, hammering the opposing defense and not committing turnovers. If you continue doing that and not commit any turnovers, you guys should beat us again. But like I wrote before, the Saints are gonna be a pissed off bunch seeking revenge when they enter the Georgia Dome Dec. 27th. Are you gonna be able to match that boiling pot of intensity they're gonna bring? We'll see.

Actually, since the early 70s, both fanbases were known for organizing charter buses and hauling hundreds of fans to both games. If you're interested you can [ click here ] and read nola.com support that. However, it just seemed to die a little bit in the early 2000s. Following Katrina, Atlanta was one of the primary relocation spots for evacuees of Louisiana. That is the main reason New Orleans seems to get alot of fan in Atlanta for their games here.

What usually happens to a pissed off bunch seeking revenge? They usually end up on the news, wanted or caught for doing something stupid and getting in trouble. That's whats going to happen if the Saints cannot get over the fact that we beat them in Louisiana. The Saints are seeking revenge, but we're seeking something a little bit bigger in a division championship. The main thing is, the Falcons will set the intensity as we have all season in the Georgia Dome, and it will be the second-place New Orleans' Saints that has to ask themselves if THEY can match it.

What usually happens to a pissed off bunch seeking revenge? They usually end up on the news, wanted or caught for doing something stupid and getting in trouble. That's whats going to happen if the Saints cannot get over the fact that we beat them in Louisiana. The Saints are seeking revenge, but we're seeking something a little bit bigger in a division championship. The main thing is, the Falcons will set the intensity as we have all season in the Georgia Dome, and it will be the second-place New Orleans' Saints that has to ask themselves if THEY can match it.

Well, of course it will have to be a controlled anger as we don't want to commit dumb penalties like we've been doing of late. I'm just talking about how in many of these NFL games the talent is so close that sometimes it comes down to what team plays with more passion/intensity. We lost at home in a tightly-contested contest early in the year that has stuck in our craw all season long, so we probably have the edge in that department.

Well, of course it will have to be a controlled anger as we don't want to commit dumb penalties like we've been doing of late. I'm just talking about how in many of these NFL games the talent is so close that sometimes it comes down to what team plays with more passion/intensity. We lost at home in a tightly-contested contest early in the year that has stuck in our craw all season long, so we probably have the edge in that department.

Well, it really doesn't. It comes down to execution. Throughout the past 4 years the Saints would manage to land the first blow and the second shot at the Saints might even get worse. Clearer minds usually prevail but anytime the Falcons and New Orleans Saints suit up - the passion is equal on both sidelines; trust me. Our teams know how much this game means to our cities and to the overall success of the team at the end of the season.

Honestly, the only way I see Atlanta losing on the 27th is committing penalties and turnovers. New Orleans would have to get touchdowns off those turnovers to help lead to a blow-out because if the Saints allow us to hang around and leave us in the game, the Falcons will make them pay. We are not the Bengals but we shall see.