My cool VW find today.

actually a friend found it and bought it for me because he knows I collect VW stuff.this isn't my actual one, just a a pic I found trying to see what it was ( Mine doesn't have the sticker on the door. I had no clue Jim Beam made a VW decanter and it looks like it would be very awkward to pour.

After I found out what it was, I looked on the bottom and sure enough it says " creation of James Beam distributers Genuine Regal china 1973"

The part that hold the whiskey is on the bottom, the interior has seats and a dashboard with steering wheel and the windshield and side windows appear to be real class. It's pretty awesome and I am glad to have such friends.

vw_beetle_whiskey_decantor.jpg

What is it worth?

Some of my favorite shows are Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and that show where two dudes bid in defaulted storage units.

I dunno what it's worth. It's missing the door sticker so that would hurt the value, but I would never sell it anyway.

I have a ridiculous amount of VW stuff One of the first Hot Wheels in 1969 was a beetle, and have one of them. The first VW toy I bought was sold at Woolworth but I found it at Goodwill even before I bought my real VW. I bought it and said it was for luck in finding my own.Then I won 200 dollars in a NCAA pool, 250 more dollars at work and driving home one night This was sitting in my neighbors yard with a for sale sign on it. Soon enough it was sitting in my yard so the Woolworth luck came through.

2184904229_52df910276.jpg

But I collect everything. I will buy old magazines because a lot of them had VW ads in them, esp. Readers digest. I even scored the original 1969 owners manual off Ebay still had the vinyl wallet it came in.

I drive a Volkswagen too btw but not by choice. It's an alright car i guess das auto.

how could it not be by choice? :wacko: I LOVE this car. I always said if I hit the lottery, you know how most people go buy Ferraris and expensive cars? I would go on a vintage VW buying spree. And yea I'm serious. :)

The only thing your Bug is missing are some 5 spoke EMPI's (former owner (long ago) of a Super Beetle with 5 spoke EMPI's)!!!!wink.gif

I dunno what it's worth. It's missing the door sticker so that would hurt the value, but I would never sell it anyway.

I have a ridiculous amount of VW stuff One of the first Hot Wheels in 1969 was a beetle, and have one of them. The first VW toy I bought was sold at Woolworth but I found it at Goodwill even before I bought my real VW. I bought it and said it was for luck in finding my own.Then I won 200 dollars in a NCAA pool, 250 more dollars at work and driving home one night This was sitting in my neighbors yard with a for sale sign on it. Soon enough it was sitting in my yard so the Woolworth luck came through.

2184904229_52df910276.jpg

But I collect everything. I will buy old magazines because a lot of them had VW ads in them, esp. Readers digest. I even scored the original 1969 owners manual off Ebay still had the vinyl wallet it came in.

What condition are your floor pans in? Mine had rotted through, but I never got around to welding in new ones before I got rid of it! That rotten azz floor would act like a water scoop when it rained!! One of my dates got DRENCHED long ago (She was mad!!!)! Also, tell the women not to wear cheap plastic shoes either (and put them in front of the heater vent)!!! That SB melted two pairs of cheap womens shoes!!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

yea those Empis are sweet, but I always have been a fan of those VW baby moon caps.They look great with whitewalls, which I one day plan to have on it.

What condition are your floor pans in? Mine had rotted through, but I never got around to welding in new ones before I got rid of it! That rotten azz floor would act like a water scoop when it rained!! One of my dates got DRENCHED long ago (She was mad!!!)! Also, tell the women not to wear cheap plastic shoes either (and put them in front of the heater vent)!!! That SB melted two pairs of cheap womens shoes!!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

my floor pans are decent. Not great, Some rust, mostly of course under the battery pan. I do need to get around to replacing them, tho. They're not scooping water yet.

Be glad you have a heater! :P

My main problems are when it does break down, it tries to kill me in a very dramatic way. Once right after buying it the fuel line came off right at the carb, which of course meant that it was spewing gas right onto the hot tail pipes! After that, you can believe I put clamps on every fuel line.

Then once, when traveling at night, the coil wire popped off and it just died, right over a hill with a semi coming up the other side. I jumped out, QUICKLY guessed the problem right popped that sucker back on and we got that thing up the road. :lol:

She's a drama queen but i don't have many problems with it, but those two big ones.

and those cost about 5 bucks to fix.

That's nothing!!! Did I tell you the story about when the accelerator cable broke on the SB when I was coming around the Grady Curve on I-75/85!!!???? Luckily (and thanks to the man above) I was running fast enough (and was in the right lane) to get my azz out of traffic and onto the shoulder! I had to walk to the Ramada to use a pay phone to call a tow truck!!! Man, I am BLESSED!!!

my floor pans are decent. Not great, Some rust, mostly of course under the battery pan. I do need to get around to replacing them, tho. They're not scooping water yet.

Be glad you have a heater! tongue.gif

My main problems are when it does break down, it tries to kill me in a very dramatic way. Once right after buying it the fuel line came off right at the carb, which of course meant that it was spewing gas right onto the hot tail pipes! After that, you can believe I put clamps on every fuel line.

Then once, when traveling at night, the coil wire popped off and it just died, right over a hill with a semi coming up the other side. I jumped out, QUICKLY guessed the problem right popped that sucker back on and we got that thing up the road. laugh.gif

She's a drama queen but i don't have many problems with it, but those two big ones.

and those cost about 5 bucks to fix.

That's nothing!!! Did I tell you the story about when the accelerator cable broke on the SB when I was coming around the Grady Curve on I-75/85!!!???? Luckily (and thanks to the man above) I was running fast enough (and was in the right lane) to get my azz out of traffic and onto the shoulder! I had to walk to the Ramada to use a pay phone to call a tow truck!!! Man, I am BLESSED!!!

i think VW's must retain some Nazi in them. :blink:

Punch Bug! No punch backs.

Me and my friend play that. :P We have a few rules, no new Beetles, and you have to call the color correctly. If you say " light blue" and it gets closer and it's light grey...you get punched back. and if theres a beetle parked in the same spot last time you called it. it's off limits to call again. :P And the first one who get's three in a row gets a free soda, burger, whatever from the other. I don't drink sodas anymore so it's water for me.

Me and my friend play that. :P We have a few rules, no new Beetles, and you have to call the color correctly. If you say " light blue" and it gets closer and it's light grey...you get punched back. and if theres a beetle parked in the same spot last time you called it. it's off limits to call again. :P And the first one who get's three in a row gets a free soda, burger, whatever from the other. I don't drink sodas anymore so it's water for me.

It's just one big game of punch bug for me, the wife, and kids any time that we are in a car. We count the new ones and we only call out the color to clarify. It's amazing that some cities have a crazy amount of bugs like Ft. Payne, AL. You can boost your total by about 10 or so just passing through there.