Pro Bowl Voting

donb036

Manning is 39,000 votes behind, however voting doesn't end until the 20th. I definitely think Roddy gets in.

Yeah, I said "close second" but it's really relative.... When Vick YKW has over 700K votes, I guess 39k is close?

Edited by ib_clay

Pro Bowl is for the most popular players, not the best players. Often they intersect, but not always. If they wanted it to be the best players the choices would be made totally by, say, coaches and other players.

If it's a popularity contest and only one player from our team makes it, what does that say about our players?

FOr the most part, it means you belong to a team that has been getting a bunch of television coverage and highlights played on sportscenter.

I am sure it does mean something to them, but I consider that different than saying something ABOUT them, if you see what I mean. Quite often it seems like this year's probowl will reward you for last year's performance.

FOr the most part, it means you belong to a team that has been getting a bunch of television coverage and highlights played on sportscenter.

I am sure it does mean something to them, but I consider that different than saying something ABOUT them, if you see what I mean. Quite often it seems like this year's probowl will reward you for last year's performance.

Yea I see what you mean. But what about being rewarded for last years performances?

Yea I see what you mean. But what about being rewarded for last years performances?

Players often get in based on their total career or having been impressive in the playoffs the previous year and having a good, but not necessarily great, year THIS year. Old players with a long good history will often get in by sheer name recognition. The reasons players are voted in are not always based on the current year's performance.

Players often get in based on their total career or having been impressive in the playoffs the previous year and having a good, but not necessarily great, year THIS year. Old players with a long good history will often get in by sheer name recognition. The reasons players are voted in are not always based on the current year's performance.

Oh I understand that totally.

Gonzo has plenty name recognition but he didn't get in last year. Roddy I believe was an alternate as well.

Basically if your on highlights throughout the year and you have a good stat line you will get in. Some may get in on recognition but It's not as bad as the NBA.