Chinese trains hits 302 MPH!

biloxifalcon

What happens when that train derails doing 250MPH? Do you think anyone is going to survive an accident going over 200MPH on a train?

People have survived plane crashes, so I assume it is at least possible.

And to answer the OPs question, yes we are too politically divided to do this, with Repub governors killing off high speed rail projects that would create jobs and Repubs in congress essentially allowing China and others to dominate newer energy by demonizing science and scientists here in America.

What happens when that train derails doing 250MPH? Do you think anyone is going to survive an accident going over 200MPH on a train?

Of course there would be very few, if any survivors. So how many hi-speed train derailings have there been? Why so negative? I know the Japanese have hi-speed rail. How many of those have you heard that have had accidents?

People have survived plane crashes, so I assume it is at least possible.

And to answer the OPs question, yes we are too politically divided to do this, with Repub governors killing off high speed rail projects that would create jobs and Repubs in congress essentially allowing China and others to dominate newer energy by demonizing science and scientists here in America.

Sure, but trains are statistically more dangerous than planes. Planes are the safest form of transportation in the U.S.. Now take that speed and increase it by quite a bit more and you're looking at a major disaster waiting to happen. Most "high speed" trains do about 124MPH, now double that. I think I'd rather fly in China.

Of course there would be very few, if any survivors. So how many hi-speed train derailings have there been? Why so negative? I know the Japanese have hi-speed rail. How many of those have you heard that have had accidents?

You asked why it wouldn't happen in the US, that's a major reason. It would only take one accident to shut down that type of transportation down in the US.

This was at 124MPH, now think about what would happen if this happened in the US where the legal climate is much different.

This train hit a herd of sheep, let's imagine this is a person or a car as most train accidents are in the US.

You take chances everyday you get outta the bed man. Personally, I don't think it will be an issue. I really don't.

We have trains running up to 150 mph (the Acela) in the US. There were proposals to build Maglevs (like they have in Shanghai) in a few areas of the country (they proposed one from (at one time, and don't laugh).......................Atlanta to Chattanooga! If the funding isn't cut, you'll see another high speed system running from Tampa to Orlando, and in California also. As far as derailments, I remember a few years ago a German ICE Train hit a bridge abutment. Not sure how fast it was running at the time, but people did die!

If they can do it, why can't we? Are we really that politically divided that we can't accomplish something like this?

My link

We have trains running up to 150 mph (the Acela) in the US. There were proposals to build Maglevs (like they have in Shanghai) in a few areas of the country (they proposed one from (at one time, and don't laugh).......................Atlanta to Chattanooga! If the funding isn't cut, you'll see another high speed system running from Tampa to Orlando, and in California also. As far as derailments, I remember a few years ago a German ICE Train hit a bridge abutment. Not sure how fast it was running at the time, but people did die!

It was running at 200kmh, appr. 125 mph:

%7BE782CFC3-2DC6-423C-8E09-CE9FE6AF805F%7DPicture.jpg