Way to go Dunta

Adema1226

On Sunday's game against the Bucs, Dunta Robinson was nowhere to be seen in the first half, as usual - but the touchdown he gave up must have given him a wake up call so to speak. I saw him arguing with another Falcons player on the sideline going into halftime. The second half he came out as the shut down corner we all expected. He had 2 passes defensed almost right in a row and stopped the Bucs RB on a 3rd & 1 or whatever it was and forced them to punt.

Of course, with Grimes' pass deflections and interception (should have been two), he stood out more than Dunta. Grimes played great, and I have always been a fan, but I thought Dunta deserved some credit. He's had such little credit given to him all season.

i definitely agree. many people just judge a cb by the INT they make. for example, d hall has a lot of int, but we know he's straight garbage. dunta has been playing very well. yes there are times when he gets beat, but who doesn't? he's been solid because many qb avoid him.

Our secondary never gets enough credit, a "no-name" defense for the most part. But they all play well when they need to.

You're right. I've just felt bad for Dunta. So many people saying we over-paid him and he hasn't played one good game so far. I just thought I would point out his performance yesterday - to prove he CAN be worth the money if he continues to play that way consistently.

I think he has not been mentioned because he is finally starting to show why we brought him in. To lock up the right side of the field and do his job. Grimes gets so much love because the guy makes 1/10th the salary of Robinson and is playing like a beast.

Being nowhere to be seen means he's got good coverage and the QB isn't throwing the ball that way.

Maybe I should have worded it differently... nowhere to be seen except on 3rd down trailing a wide open receiver who makes the catch, then missing the tackle forcing the safeties to bring the WR down.

I was Dunta's biggest fan when we acquired him. I stayed patient throughout the first 8 weeks or so of the season, but then I started to feel let-down. He just wasn't playing very well. It was just absolutely great to see him play a great second half and show what he's made of.

Maybe I should have worded it differently... nowhere to be seen except on 3rd down trailing a wide open receiver who makes the catch, then missing the tackle forcing the safeties to bring the WR down.

I was Dunta's biggest fan when we acquired him. I stayed patient throughout the first 8 weeks or so of the season, but then I started to feel let-down. He just wasn't playing very well. It was just absolutely great to see him play a great second half and show what he's made of.

I have to wonder whose games you have actually been watching this season, evidently NOT Falcons games. . .

I think he is finding his comfort zone. He is used to man and now he is basically learning full zone on the fly. Just getting re-acclimated is all. He shows it at times. I think when we play a more aggressive zone he is better. He likes to mix it up