The Falcons are preparing for a tough game Sunday

fansince78

I don’t know how good they can be, but I expect the Panthers very best game on Sunday. I remember many times at this point in seasons where all the Falcons had to play for was to screw up playoff teams and they always played those games hard and even pulled a few of them out. Any given Sunday is a phrase that I am sure the Falcons are hearing and they will be ready for a tough game.

People have been expecting the Panthers "very best game" all year. Never happened. They're horrible.

Record: 1-11-0, Currently 4th place in NFC South

Scored 154 points (12.8/g), 32nd of 32 in the NFL.

Allowed 307 points (25.6/g), 26th.

Differential of -153 points (-12.8/g), 32nd.

Expected W-L: 2.0-10.0.

Takeaway/Giveaway Differential -7 (-0.6/g), 28th.

Even if we play mediocre football we should kill these guys.

People have been expecting the Panthers "very best game" all year. Never happened. They're horrible.

Even if we play mediocre football we should kill these guys.

They haven't played the best team in the league or conference. Anytime an opposition knows they're playing the very best - they play their very best. Chances are though it won't be enough.

The Falcons need to take this divisional opponent very serious, and get on top early and often. Don't forget the 2003-04 NFL season when the Panthers were on their way to the Superbowl. We were terrible that year (partly due to Vick's broken leg), but we beat them in the Dome early in December. I know Matt Ryan is not looking past them, so hopefully they're at practice right now focusing on the task at hand - that being, winning on Sunday.

Division games are rough anyway. I expect the greatest game the panties have played all season. Our team also has to know that they'll be willing to do some crazy crap to beat us this game too! They're at home and we're the top team in the conb=ference and the division. There's gonna be a lotta hate in the room on Sunday. Fox seems to be on his way out too and may be auditioning for a different job by the way his sorry team can close out the season. Having said all that, I'd feel very relieved to see a stomping this week!!!!

saw this on http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/12/08/week-14-playoff-clinching-scenarios/

NFC

CLINCHED: None

ATLANTA FALCONS

Atlanta clinches a playoff spot with:

1) ATL win + NYG loss + PHI loss OR

2) ATL win + NYG loss + GB loss OR

3) ATL win + PHI loss + GB loss OR

4) ATL tie + NYG loss + PHI loss + GB loss + TB loss or tie

There are other scenarios in which Atlanta can clinch a playoff spot if any of the games involving NYG, PHI or GB ends in a tie.

wanted to create a new thread but im a newb in this forum..thought i share it

Division games are rough anyway. I expect the greatest game the panties have played all season. Our team also has to know that they'll be willing to do some crazy crap to beat us this game too! They're at home and we're the top team in the conb=ference and the division. There's gonna be a lotta hate in the room on Sunday. Fox seems to be on his way out too and may be auditioning for a different job by the way his sorry team can close out the season. Having said all that, I'd feel very relieved to see a stomping this week!!!!

I second that. We're due for our Falcons stomping their opponent for a change. All this game winning drive stuff in the final minute or two (week-after-week) is bad for my health.

This is one of those games where Atlanta and Carolina's style makes the game more dangerous than you'd expect. Atlanta's style of play is to control the ball with long time consuming drives. Carolina's style is to run, run, run. These styles could limit the game to a very small number of possessions for each team.

When you limit the number of possessions for each team, mistakes are magnified.

That's why the Falcons are so good and the Panthers are so bad though. The Falcons don't throw many picks, the Panthers throw tons. The Falcons RBs have fumbled one time this year, the Panthers have fumbled 13 times.

Make the trend continue, the Falcons blow them out.

Make 2 or 3 uncharacteristic mistakes, let Steve Smith take a slant to the house, things could get scary.

All that being said, I look for a solid Falcons win. This team takes care of inferior competition, one way or the other.

This is one of those games where Atlanta and Carolina's style makes the game more dangerous than you'd expect. Atlanta's style of play is to control the ball with long time consuming drives. Carolina's style is to run, run, run. These styles could limit the game to a very small number of possessions for each team.

When you limit the number of possessions for each team, mistakes are magnified.

That's why the Falcons are so good and the Panthers are so bad though. The Falcons don't throw many picks, the Panthers throw tons. The Falcons RBs have fumbled one time this year, the Panthers have fumbled 13 times.

Make the trend continue, the Falcons blow them out.

Make 2 or 3 uncharacteristic mistakes, let Steve Smith take a slant to the house, things could get scary.

All that being said, I look for a solid Falcons win. This team takes care of inferior competition, one way or the other.

Smith and Ryan haven't lost to a sub 500 team yet, can't see Carolina changing that stat.

Can't take any NFL team lightly, especially not a division rival.

I agree. Even a really bad team can be a good match-up on any given Sunday. The thing is they are 1-11 so they have not matched up well against anyone but a team that is allergic to road wins. Unless they have some talent on the bench that hasn't been playing this season I don't think they have much to offer.

There is no such thing as a lock for a win but I am more worried about getting out of this game with no injuries than I am losing.

Ever since Carolina beat us by running the wildcat all game with Weinke attempting only 7 passes, I refuse to overlook them. And yes, I realize we're way better than we were in 2006.

I believe that was when Mora was coaching the Falcons. Worst coaching I have ever seen in the NFL. He should have been fired that day.

The Charlotte Clowns have NOTHING to lose, Fox will have an assortment of trick plays, weird D coverages, etc.

Remember the shape of a football allows strange things to happen and the Refs. will be primed to throw a record number of yellow flags at the Falcons. Turner could run thru the entire defense for an 84yd. TD dragging 2 tacklers the last 10 yds. and they would call him for unnecessary roughness.

The Falcons will have a HUGE stacked deck to overcome in Charlotte.

It is what it is.

I am sorry but Smash and Dash are not available. Steve Smith is in full disgruntle mode. Clausen is the QB and their OL has been God Awful this year. I am not too scared.

You guys should see this as a Sunday to put our respirators to rest, at least for one week!