Could We Whup the Patriots Sunday in Foxboro?

Supes™

Could We Whup the Patriots Sunday in Foxboro?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Could We Whup the Patriots Sunday in Foxboro?

• Absolutely we could and we WOULD!
    • No Chance, they're just too good!
    • Oh gawd, I just don't know!
    • Can we play the Jets instead?

I think our Offense could hold it's own. Our defense on the other hand. No. If we played them 3 times in their house ,I think the Pats win 2/3 games.

Brady has the ability to quick strike, we just aren't there yet. If the Pats come to our house, I think we can take them.

Edited by paulitik

The offense would do its thing. But I didnt get to watch how the Patriots spanked the Jets so all I am going off of here is the fact that all the talking heads say the Patriots play small ball.

I beleive if we can force them to keep the ball short like we forced Green Bay to do for the most part but actually wrap up and kill plays right then and there instead of them getting YAC I believe you can frustrate the Patriots, they keep the ball short but make plays after the catch.

I believe that TOm believes he is a great QB, so if we can make tackles right away, take away the YAC and frustrate the Patriots. then Tom will force some and thats when we HAVE to come away with the ball. If Tom never gets frustated and just keeps throwing it short then our D-line will have to get to Tom, if they cant then we will have to blitz and when we blitz that short pass will turn into the deep ball in a heart beat.

Saints don't qualify in your opinion, as a good team? Just askin

At the time we played them? No. No, they were not a good football team. They were a team with a lot of talent, a few significant injuries, that was not playing well. It wasn't until a few weeks later that they got their act together.

How good they were then doesn't matter now, though. Its not our fault they were still staggering from their Super Bowl hangover and let a divisional rival get a win in their house. Now, they have to come to our Dome, and I do not believe we will be in such a giving vein as the Saints were.

I think the outcome of that hypothetical game would come down to Turner. On windy cold days like this, we'd have to dominate on the ground. If Norwood was not on IR and able to share the carrying load with Turner, I would have voting Yes without hesitation. That would give Matt that little swing pass to Norwood out in the flat and we all know how quick he is with the ball in his hands. But I went with the maybe.

Yes. Any given Sunday. The NFL this year is full of good teams but no real "elite teams" if you buy into that sort of thing. Parity is at its highest this season IMHO. So yes, the Falcons could beat the Pats in Foxboro this Sunday. Actually, I think we match up well against them...the Pats "D" ain't that great. Wilfork, the Hoodie, and Brady are the only real problems I see. I think the Falcons match up well in the secondary because they have small receivers and our DBs are comparable to them. No reason the Falcons could not steal a win...plus we owe them for last season.

In Foxborough? No freaking way. We barely squeaked by a mediocre Bucs team that was missing half a dozen starters. This team would have zero shot at a good team on the road.

If we got them in the Dome? Different story.

Really, they can't play any better than they did at TB? That's the best they can do?

Really, NE LOST to Cleveland, they can't be beaten?

Ryan can't play any better on the road? If Ryan is his normal self in Tampa, that game is a rout. 14 Tampa points came off Ryan INTs returned deep into falcon territory.

Spoon and DRob can't better just from settling into the system?

Weems can't run another kick back?

Grimes can't make another pick? Maybe even get to keep both picks he makes in a game?

Abe can't have a big day and completely disrupt Brady's timing?

NE is a really good team, but that D can be had.

The Falcons play like they did in Tampa, no, of course they don't win. But the Falcons, esp. Ryan, are capable of much better performances.

If Ryan played in Foxboro like he did in NO this year, then, yes, it's possible for the Falcons to take NE. Be difficult because Belichek/Brady is better than Smith/Ryan, but not impossible.

Didn't vote in the poll because my choice wasn't on there- it's possible with their "A" game.

Saying they have zero chance because of the Tampa game is just silly.

I voted yes because of the Falcons' ability to run the football and chew up large amounts of the field and clock. The Atlanta Falcons almost always under Mike Smith control the Time of Possession category which if you think about it is the most important statistic, especially if you score touchdowns. While I wouldn't exactly like going to Foxboro in December I think we match up against them pretty well. If everything goes as planned that hypothetical may come to life when the Super Bowl rolls around and I'd definitely like our chances on that fast track in Dallas.

1) Really, they can't play any better than they did at TB? That's the best they can do?

2) Really, NE LOST to Cleveland, they can't be beaten?

3) Ryan can't play any better on the road? If Ryan is his normal self in Tampa, that game is a rout. 14 Tampa points came off Ryan INTs returned deep into falcon territory.

4) Weems can't run another kick back?

5) Grimes can't make another pick? Maybe even get to keep both picks he makes in a game?

6) Abe can't have a big day and completely disrupt Brady's timing?

7) The Falcons play like they did in Tampa, no, of course they don't win. But the Falcons, esp. Ryan, are capable of much better performances.

8) Saying they have zero chance because of the Tampa game is just silly.

1) Pitt and Philly road losses, even the NO and TB road wins, say that we struggle mightily on the road. As much as we toot our own horn over the NO win, remember that they were in a month-long stretch of suckitude, had several key injuries, and we had them down but let them back into the game and almost lost it. There is absolutely zero evidence of this team dominating on the road. They can't even dominate at home.

2) That was in Cleveland. The poll question specified "in Foxborough". As much as we all talk about Ryan being 19-1 at home, Brady is 26-0.

3) Ryan WAS his normal, 11-12 road-self in Tampa. Therein lies the problem.

4) Not bloody likely.

5) Even if he does, that is certainly no guarantee of a victory, let alone a "whupping".

6) No. No he can't. The Pats rely on small-ball, specifically to beat pressure like the Jets bring. That was the biggest reason to dump Moss: he no longer fit their scheme.

7) Capable? Of course they are. But they have not shown the ability to live up to that capability.

8) It is OBVIOUSLY silly to say that a 11-12 road QB can't "whup" a 26-0 home QB.