Re: Grimes a SHUTDOWN corner?

MattyIcy

Just saw the nfl playbook & the way mods have shown GRIMES skill sets .......I firmly believe he's right next to Revis Island if not the best just yet.

Wish I could attach a link here....but, it will be up soon on NFL.

I'm proud of this guy.....I was one of them last year who prolly was not in favor of him starting that position.

Sorry Grimes! you have proved me & most of your critics wrong.

GOD bless you! wish you very best for a great future ahead.

Edited by MattyIcy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The signing to Dunta was the best thing to happen to Grimes. They would avoid Dunta and throw to Grimes, but now Grimes is proving his case so the QB has to start praying his Oline holds up.

Either pray or throw it quick to those WR's and TE's and after the freight train and Thomas knock their ***** out that QB will be praying that the WR or TE that got knocked out doesnt whoop their *** for leaving them high and dry.

Either way a win win for the Falcons.

Yea not a shutdown corner (Yet)...But he is a dam good one!

I just wish all the people on this board who hated Grimes realize that this guy is really good!

Agree. And stop critizing him for, his Height and weight size. Dude has no control over his growth.

Edited by The Birds are the truth

Just saw the nfl playbook & the way mods have shown GRIMES skill sets .......I firmly believe he's right next to Revis Island if not the best just yet.

Wish I could attach a link here....but, it will be up soon on NFL.

I'm proud of this guy.....I was one of them last year who prolly was not in favor of him starting that position.

Sorry Grimes! you have proved me & most of your critics wrong.

GOD bless you! wish you very best for a great future ahead.

Grimes is more in the Asante Samuel mold. Being like Revis is more about totally shutting your WRs down, giving up 10-40 yards total and no TDs.

If he is getting passed on his side and completions are made he is not shutting things down. Remember a few weeks ago when it was said he was getting picked on?

It's true, he can't be classified as a shut down corner.

But...guys only become shutdown corners when the other teams finally figure out that throwing at a guy is both risky and usually unproductive.

So.....if teams actually figure that out, he will start to go into that category. If they don't, he'll just keep making plays.

Either way, it is all good.

It's true, he can't be classified as a shut down corner.

But...guys only become shutdown corners when the other teams finally figure out that throwing at a guy is both risky and usually unproductive.

So.....if teams actually figure that out, he will start to go into that category. If they don't, he'll just keep making plays.

Either way, it is all good.

I definitely agree with that. If a QB starts throwing his way a lot then it's only a matter of time before he gets a pick. The only weakness I see with Grimes is he will get beat on the deep ball but overall these QB's watching film on him have to know he will get his pick in the short to intermediate range.

i just wish he was a few inches tall to match up a littile better with the bigger recievers.

You know this isn't Madden where you can create your perfect player. Look how many ideally built corners we've had in here that not only didn't have the heart but apparently not the skills neither.

I definitely agree with that. If a QB starts throwing his way a lot then it's only a matter of time before he gets a pick. The only weakness I see with Grimes is he will get beat on the deep ball but overall these QB's watching film on him have to know he will get his pick in the short to intermediate range.

Well the Falcons have put him in some difficult spots, showing a ton of faith in him. Against GB, they put him in bump and run with no safey support twice on 3rd and 1. GB threw a go route at him both times. One time Rodgers threw a perfect pass to beat him, one time they didn't.

When a team puts you in that spot, your going to lose some from time to time.

You know this isn't Madden where you can create your perfect player. Look how many ideally built corners we've had in here that not only didn't have the heart but apparently not the skills neither.

I used to love that function. Create a 6'11 CB with 99 speed, agility, acceleration, and awareness. Yeah, love that stuff man lol.

i just wish he was a few inches tall to match up a littile better with the bigger recievers.

This is my point. By you wishing Grimes was a little taller, that's not going to make Grimes grow over night. :lol: People critized Spud Webb for the same thing. Forget the height. Forget the weight. Grimes is a beast and holding it down.