What Should be the Bigger Focus;

Ric Roc

In a big NFCS showdown, the Falcons did not play their best. Foolish penalties; lack of focus; turnovers and just all around sloppy play.

Now, to be sure, the Bucs had a little something to do with the sloppy play. They're a young, hungry football team and must be well-coached to be as competitive as they are given the youth and injuries.

Division games are always tough; especially in the NFCS. But should it be a concern for Falcon fans that the Birds were unable to put forth a more concerted effort in a big game?

Now again, I understand that a ton of factors come into play here. Most noteworthy, the Bucs themselves. Then there's coming off the emotional victory from last week over Green Bay, the field conditions, and playing in a hostile road environment (despite reports of non-sellout, it seemed as though the crowd was really into the game and had the place rockin').

Or, should we just focus on the fact that in the end, we came up big when we had to and got it done? :huh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will reserve my comments till after Sunday, Falcons did not play well

second worse showing of the yr

we are playing a 1 win team

we need to go in there and smack them down early and often....

alot on the line

vs Bucs i am happy with the win

but we gotta play better, even vs Panthers

lets see how we do Sunday

If playing the Bucs is a big NFCS "showdown" and beating them is to be considered a "big" victory at their place, what does that say of the Saints 31-6 arse whooping of them when they were riding high at 3-1?

:ph34r:

Falcons had their statement South and really NFC win @ Saints

like R Woodson Said, the rest of the wins are just Staples not Statements

There's more football to be played. Saints get their shot at revenging that loss in 3 weeks. That could change everything.

There's more football to be played. Saints get their shot at revenging that loss in 3 weeks. That could change everything.

nothing changes the fact Saints have to hope for Falcons to lose to Panthers or Seahawks to win NFC South

Falcons Control their own Destiny and can even lose to Saints and Saints win out and Falcons still Can win South

not to mention the Fact Saints are Playing 4 atleast Decent teams

who do you have left

Rams

Ravens

Falcons

and Bucs ?????

i think Saints are gonna lose 1 of those games maybe even 2

and even if they dont

all we have to do is beat Panthers twice and seahawks and we still win South

Common Op would be the Factor in the tie breaker

i just dont see this Falcon Team laying Eggs vs Panthers and Hags (knock on wood ) lol

Thats not me talking. It's your own fellow Falcon fans that called it a "statement" and "big showdown" victory. I find that odd given the Saints creamed this same "showdown", "big victory" team.

WTF is a "staple" victory?

nothing changes the fact Saints have to hope for Falcons to lose to Panthers or Seahawks to win NFC South

Falcons Control their own Destiny and can even lose to Saints and Saints win out and Falcons still Can win South

not to mention the Fact Saints are Playing 4 atleast Decent teams

who do you have left

Rams

Ravens

Falcons

and Bucs ?????

i think Saints are gonna lose 1 of those games maybe even 2

and even if they dont

all we have to do is beat Panthers twice and seahawks and we still win South

Common Op would be the Factor in the tie breaker

i just dont see this Falcon Team laying Eggs vs Panthers and Hags (knock on wood ) lol

The Falcons have just as great a chance to lose 1 or 2 games as the Saints do. The Ravens aren't a formidable team anymore. The Falcons are not a dominant team. I can honestly say that the Saints have beaten a team that is currently better than the Falcons (Steelers) since they've gottern themselves back together. :ph34r:

Therefo', this season still a long way from being decided, and "hope" is not necessary given the probabilities of what could happen.

The Falcons have just as great a chance to lose 1 or 2 games as the Saints do. The Ravens aren't a formidable team anymore. The Falcons are not a dominant team. I can honestly say that the Saints have beaten a team that is currently better than the Falcons (Steelers) since they've gottern themselves back together. :ph34r:

Therefo', this season still a long way from being decided, and "hope" is not necessary given the probabilities of what could happen.

well its the NFL anything can Happen

but its Clear Falcons are in the Drivers Seat, I Know its a hard pill to swallow for Saint Fans in week 14.... but its the truth non the less......

If playing the Bucs is a big NFCS "showdown" and beating them is to be considered a "big" victory at their place, what does that say of the Saints 31-6 arse whooping of them when they were riding high at 3-1?

:ph34r:

Well, kudos to the Saints for a convincing victory that helped most around the league continue to dismiss the Bucs as pretenders. However, the Bucs of Week 14 were hardly the same as those of Week 4. Those Bucs had also been spanked by PIT at home also, who had Charlie Batch at QB.

These Bucs were much more confident in their play and schemes, and played as though they believed they could have won the game.

AND THAT STATEMENT IS STILL BEING HEARD,

AND YOU CAN TELL BY SAINT POSTS THAT IT IS

STILL BEING FELT. EVERY GAME FOR US IS A

STATEMENT GAME. EVERY GAME FOR US IS A TRAP

GAME. WE DON'T NEED BUT ONE POINT MORE THAN

ANY OPPONENT TO WIN. "WE GET THAT ONE POINT!" B)

AND THAT STATEMENT IS STILL BEING HEARD,

AND YOU CAN TELL BY SAINT POSTS THAT IT IS

STILL BEING FELT. EVERY GAME FOR US IS A

STATEMENT GAME. EVERY GAME FOR US IS A TRAP

GAME. WE DON'T NEED BUT ONE POINT MORE THAN

ANY OPPONENT TO WIN. "WE GET THAT ONE POINT!" B)

The reason I really wanted us to win that first matchup with the Saints, and was ecstatic at the beginning of the season to see that the second matchup with them wouldn't be until Week 16, was b/c I figured it a safe bet to assume that if we somehow managed to win in NO, the division would likely be all but decided by the second meeting.

Or at the very least keep us in the driver's seat until we met again, lessening the importance of the next game.

hope IS necessary for saints fans,because you have to HOPE you win out and HOPE we lose 2 games,because if that doesnt happen,your a wc team at best(you could still lose 2 as well)

Well, kudos to the Saints for a convincing victory that helped most around the league continue to dismiss the Bucs as pretenders. However, the Bucs of Week 14 were hardly the same as those of Week 4. Those Bucs had also been spanked by PIT at home also, who had Charlie Batch at QB.

These Bucs were much more confident in their play and schemes, and played as though they believed they could have won the game.

According to what? They were 3-1 and probably more confident then, than both games against the Falcons. Is this just you're wishful thinking that they just happened to be better, which caused the Falcons to have to squeak by them, as opposed to when the Saints spanked them? :lol:

hope IS necessary for saints fans,because you have to HOPE you win out and HOPE we lose 2 games,because if that doesnt happen,your a wc team at best(you could still lose 2 as well)

No, there is equal chance that the Falcons can lose 2 games as much as there is for the Saints, so no "hope" is needed. It is just what naturally happens in the NFL taking it's course. The Falcons aren't a dominant team either, making that probability even more liekly.

Edited by Saintdogg

No, there is equal chance that the Falcons can lose 2 games as much as there is for the Saints, so no "hope" is needed. It is just what naturally happens in the NFL taking it's course. The Falcons aren't a dominant team either, making that probability even more liekly.

We are as dominant as you fellas. One game more dominant, actually.

According to what? They were 3-1 and probably more confident then, than both games against the Falcons. Is this just you're wishful thinking that they just happened to be better, which caused the Falcons to have to squeak by them, as opposed to when the Saints spanked them? :lol:

If you've seen the Bucs play since Week 4 and haven't been able to come away with a clear conclusion that they're better now than they were then, then your football savvy is indeed questionable and I doubt I would continue taking anything you said further seriously, nor give it much merit.

I know there's a point that you wish to make about how almighty the Saints are (?), but don't be such a homer. -_-

Although the chance exists that we could lose two games, it's not a guaranteed outcome... so you'd have to hope, wish, or pray that the outcome turns out favorable for the Saints. Now you're just arguing for argument's sake...