Perfect B'day Gift--1998 NFCCG

falcndave

I told a friend at work a few weeks ago I can never throw away my VCR. I only had the recording I made of the 1998 NFCCG on VHS. Well, he Found a DVD for me. It is 2nd or 3rd generation, but it looks as good as my ancient VHS recording.

I'm in the process of watching it now. The first drive by the Falcons was money. It reminds me of this years offense in so many way. The drive opens with a circus catch by Mathis on the left sideline. From there they smashed Anderson. 3rd and 8 in Vikings territory, nine yard stop route to Martin. Next series, Martin moves the chains again on a perfectly timed out pattern. That brings us inside the 20. Smash Jammy at them twice...first and goal on the three. They stuff Anderson twice. Third and goal from the 5. Old style two back pro set. Anderson on the short circle route...TD Falcons. 6 and a half off the clock. What a start to a classic game.

That first drive looked very 2010 in many ways.

Friends,I have to be honest. I'm starting to get that 1998 feeling again.

I told a friend at work a few weeks ago I can never throw away my VCR. I only had the recording I made of the 1998 NFCCG on VHS. Well, he Found a DVD for me. It is 2nd or 3rd generation, but it looks as good as my ancient VHS recording.

I'm in the process of watching it now. The first drive by the Falcons was money. It reminds me of this years offense in so many way. The drive opens with a circus catch by Mathis on the left sideline. From there they smashed Anderson. 3rd and 8 in Vikings territory, nine yard stop route to Martin. Next series, Martin moves the chains again on a perfectly timed out pattern. That brings us inside the 20. Smash Jammy at them twice...first and goal on the three. They stuff Anderson twice. Third and goal from the 5. Old style two back pro set. Anderson on the short circle route...TD Falcons. 6 and a half off the clock. What a start to a classic game.

That first drive looked very 2010 in many ways.

Friends,I have to be honest. I'm starting to get that 1998 feeling again.

I am getting that feeling, and more. I think this team is better.

I don't really know about this team being better.But they are getting it done. Thank god we don't have Eugene Robinson this time around! :angry:

1998 was a great yr

2004 was a good exiting yr

2008 was a GREAT yr, maybe the best season in Falcon History considering 2007

its dif , never in my life as a Falcon Fan from birth have i been so confident when we are down late , we have won games in every way you can, O D and ST, early late whatever, this Falcons team just finds a way to win, basicaly what i am saying 98 was great 04 was fun to watch, 08 was Crazy Great

but in none of those seasons, did i think , hey we can beat anyone in the NFL if its within 17 pts going to the Forth....

never have a expected us to win those kinda games

now i expect it.....

and oh yea my B Day is Jan 21st , so yeaaaaa 98 was a great B Day present, and Kiss played the Super Bowl , I was a Kiss freak as a Kid , i thought it was all over

i thought it was gods gift just to me once i heard Kiss was playing the Super Bowl in 98 lol

then we got hammered lol

now my Music taste has Matured , and so has the Falcons Franchise B)