-Graham threw a TD pass. Geez

-We had a second straight bad penalty game. Especially on offense

-Roddy had another PF penalty. Got chewed out by Smitty and Robiskie

-Ryan overthrew HD for sure TD

THE UGLY

-Freeman took a cheap shot on Grimes

-Horse collar on the Burner was ugly

-3 man rush was awful

Nice review. We have had two straight games with poor tackling and more penalties than usual. I hope we get that fixed.

Did you notice when Roddy was talking to Smitty it looked like Smitty was smirking and then Robiskie came over and got in between them and started in on him again? I thought I saw that during the game, but I was drinking, cooking, and so hyped up that I might not have seen it correctly.

I remember Adkins getting in a good hit, but I wonder why he didn't lay one of those guys out on Weems touchdown. I guess he didn't want to risk a penalty and it almost looked like he didn't see the guy who almost caught Weems. It seemed like he should have knocked one of those guys down though.

Did you do a review of the Green Bay game? I wanted to see what you thought about Weatherspoon. I noticed him miss at least 4 tackles and it didn't seem like he played great against the Bucs either. I'm not trying to bash Weatherspoon, but I just wanted to get another opinion in case I didn't see it correctly.

Why is Roddy slipping and causing a pick a good thing?:rolleyes:Maybe roddy isn't the only one slipping:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:I think the most concerning thing overall from that game was the 100 yard game from Blount.

Yeah I saw that when I read the post but forgot to edit it. I see you ain't slippin on your nitpicking though.

Im sorry but Matt Ryans performance needs to be listed in the Ugly category. Besides the 3rd and twenty conversion and the TD pass to Jenkins he played horrible.

You mean the game winning TD in yet another 4th Qtr drive? I don't think anyone saying that Matt had one of his better games - 50pct completion rate, QB rating of 62.8, but cmon, the man was clutch when it counted.

Nice review. We have had two straight games with poor tackling and more penalties than usual. I hope we get that fixed.Did you notice when Roddy was talking to Smitty it looked like Smitty was smirking and then Robiskie came over and got in between them and started in on him again? I thought I saw that during the game, but I was drinking, cooking, and so hyped up that I might not have seen it correctly.I remember Adkins getting in a good hit, but I wonder why he didn't lay one of those guys out on Weems touchdown. I guess he didn't want to risk a penalty and it almost looked like he didn't see the guy who almost caught Weems. It seemed like he should have knocked one of those guys down though.Did you do a review of the Green Bay game? I wanted to see what you thought about Weatherspoon. I noticed him miss at least 4 tackles and it didn't seem like he played great against the Bucs either. I'm not trying to bash Weatherspoon, but I just wanted to get another opinion in case I didn't see it correctly.

Thanks man. Yeah the GB game is the only one I haven't done yet. I still plan on doing it but didn't want to be late on two of them. Hope to get to it this week.

Yeah Spoon looks a little rough. I think part of it is the rust from the injury. The other part is he is a rook. Everything is probably still moving at 100 mph for him. I thought he looked better Sunday than he did in his first game back.

I think the Mularkey really facilitated on the route jumping that went on early because he didn't take a shot deep on a double move. After the Falcons tried a long one to Roddy later and hit some the deeper intermediate throw to HD, that stuff pretty much stopped.

I was thinking something similar.

I kept wondering why we dusted off the game plan from week 1 instead of try to push the ball downfield more.

Hopefully the offensive playcalling doesn't start to revert and become predictable in the last quarter of the season.

You mean the game winning TD in yet another 4th Qtr drive? I don't think anyone saying that Matt had one of his better games - 50pct completion rate, QB rating of 62.8, but cmon, the man was clutch when it counted.

Look man, im a fan not a hater. Im also an American but that doesnt mean I keep quiet about all the bad crap that is going on and only talk about the good. Fact is Matt Ryan played pretty horrible. Fact is he made the plays when it counted. Fact is, if he played like he played Sunday against a team like the Saints or the PAts, we would have lost, no doubt.

I believe in Matt Ryan and I would not want anyone else as our quarterback. Im only saying be real man. Our guy is not perfect and he played like crap most of Sundays game. It is what it is.

Yeah he made enough plays to get the W which is the only stat I care about. More than just the 3rd and twenty and the Jenkins play. He had several key completions. Take those plays away and see what you get.

yea the 3 man rush is defines the style of BVG.. and we still couldnt stop them from converting so whats the point of only rushing 3?????

id rather bring the house, and depend on the corners to make the tackle before the first down marker.

If we're going to send the 3 man rush we might as well drop 11 in coverage. I've seen 0 pressure form the 3 man rush.

Look man, im a fan not a hater. Im also an American but that doesnt mean I keep quiet about all the bad crap that is going on and only talk about the good. Fact is Matt Ryan played pretty horrible. Fact is he made the plays when it counted. Fact is, if he played like he played Sunday against a team like the Saints or the PAts, we would have lost, no doubt.

I believe in Matt Ryan and I would not want anyone else as our quarterback. Im only saying be real man. Our guy is not perfect and he played like crap most of Sundays game. It is what it is.

I don't know what being an American has to do with the price of tea in China :wacko: All I'm saying is that, the vast majority of folks here know Matt had an awful game, but in crunch time he ROSE UP!

Look man, im a fan not a hater. Im also an American but that doesnt mean I keep quiet about all the bad crap that is going on and only talk about the good. Fact is Matt Ryan played pretty horrible. Fact is he made the plays when it counted. Fact is, if he played like he played Sunday against a team like the Saints or the PAts, we would have lost, no doubt.I believe in Matt Ryan and I would not want anyone else as our quarterback. Im only saying be real man. Our guy is not perfect and he played like crap most of Sundays game. It is what it is.

I'm like you. I try to call it like I see it. Good, bad or ugly. It is not uncommon for a player or a coach to end up in all three categories. You thought Ryan's performance was ugly. I thought it was good and bad.

The bad was the overthrows to TonyG and HD and he was just not as sharp as usual. I believe TB's defense had a lot to do with that. They played a good game.

He did lots of good though. Two TDs, several other key completions and a W.

I don't know what being an American has to do with the price of tea in China :wacko: All I'm saying is that, the vast majority of folks here know Matt had an awful game, but in crunch time he ROSE UP!

Friend, if you check my post I made no attempt to discredit Ryan as an outstanding quarterback.

You wanna be an unconditional Ryan lover then by all means do it. Take a look at the Colts, at Manning to be specific. No question Hall of Famer, no question elite quarterback, and NO QUESTION HE SUCKED THE PAST 3 WEEKS!!!

Take off the sunglasses mon cher, they are blinding you from reality.

ryan is our QB, and he will be great I assure you fo that. Just as sure as I am of his sure fire greatness I am equally sure he will have some games where he blows (see Manning a few lines up). this will not detract from my opinion of him overall, it just means that he had a bad game.

Now, to the heart of this issue.

If you want to complie a list of the Good Bad and the Ugly then be accurate in your reportings otherwiser you waste our time like so many pundits do who only care about getting THEIR point of view accross.

You make a list like the one that was made in this thread then you better be accurate. ryans play was bad. Put it where it belongs and stop brown nosing.

I'm like you. I try to call it like I see it. Good, bad or ugly. It is not uncommon for a player or a coach to end up in all three categories. You thought Ryan's performance was ugly. I thought it was good and bad.

The bad was the overthrows to TonyG and HD and he was just not as sharp as usual. I believe TB's defense had a lot to do with that. They played a good game.

He did lots of good though. Two TDs, several other key completions and a W.

See our difference is that of details. I feel like a player can't be on all three list. He has to be on one though collectively his play could move him from one list to another. Ryan was so bad for 3 1/2 quarters. In the final minutes he pulled another Matt Ryan and won us the game. Was the two passes that changed the game enough to take him from ugly to good? Not in this fans humble opinion. I could support a case of him being in the bad and not the ugly, no problem. Good? Not this Sunday.

Friend, if you check my post I made no attempt to discredit Ryan as an outstanding quarterback.

You wanna be an unconditional Ryan lover then by all means do it. Take a look at the Colts, at Manning to be specific. No question Hall of Famer, no question elite quarterback, and NO QUESTION HE SUCKED THE PAST 3 WEEKS!!!

Take off the sunglasses mon cher, they are blinding you from reality.

ryan is our QB, and he will be great I assure you fo that. Just as sure as I am of his sure fire greatness I am equally sure he will have some games where he blows (see Manning a few lines up). this will not detract from my opinion of him overall, it just means that he had a bad game.

Now, to the heart of this issue.

If you want to complie a list of the Good Bad and the Ugly then be accurate in your reportings otherwiser you waste our time like so many pundits do who only care about getting THEIR point of view accross.

You make a list like the one that was made in this thread then you better be accurate. ryans play was bad. Put it where it belongs and stop brown nosing.

First of all I didn't make the list. Second of all, I think we are in agreement that Ryan was gawd awful for the first 3 qtrs of the game. Despite his supar performance in the 1st 3 plus Qtrs, the man was money when it counted - Capise?

Edited by vabchbirdlover