Hey Coach!

Birdfanatick

I don't have anything against one of our greatest offensive weapons. I'm sure that after the last few seasons Roddy White has people gunning for him every week. He is an awesome wr without whom we are not 10-2.

But I'm ready for him to go back to the guy that lead to the league recognizing him as the leagues best. Quiet and effective . That 15 yard pf was the second time Roddy has pushed his luck after a play in the last 3 weeks. And it is an attitude we tried to distance this team from since we released a very talented Deangelo Hall.

I'm glad we have him guys and gals. And in no way do I think he is a D. Hall, but White has nothing to prove to these mouthy corners and safeties. I'm ready for him to go back to what he does best. Make those guys look like fools with his actions.

I love Roddy and think the world of him. Please Roddy just walk away words are cheap. All ya got to do is say didn’t like that wait till the next play I BURN you! You can walk away and come back and beat the guy again and say thanks would you like another.

Don’t stoop to the level of the loser that is trying to cause you to take action. Take it as a complement they can’t play you, so they try and get inside your head. That is all they have left.

Although I would love to hear what Roddy actually said, the PF call was crazy. He is a tough guy, but from what I see, he smiles all the time. It appears the refs are watching him closely, so my guess would be the coaches have spoken to him about what they expect. Even in the Tampa game, they pulled him and coach gave him an earful. Roddy listened.

Please don't even put him in the same sentence with the former CB. Roddy is exactly the type of player the Falcons want and need. Push the line, but don't cross it.

This is a well coached team because they have coachable players.

Although I would love to hear what Roddy actually said, the PF call was crazy. He is a tough guy, but from what I see, he smiles all the time. It appears the refs are watching him closely, so my guess would be the coaches have spoken to him about what they expect. Even in the Tampa game, they pulled him and coach gave him an earful. Roddy listened.

Please don't even put him in the same sentence with the former CB. Roddy is exactly the type of player the Falcons want and need. Push the line, but don't cross it.

This is a well coached team because they have coachable players.

Your right. I went a little too far with that. But it's because it makes me wince in pain to even think about heading down that road of arrogance again. I don't want to even get in the same zip code . And this all started after the "best wr in the nfl" interview. I do realize RW probably had to hear a lot of crap from defenders after that and was sick of it. He has earned everything he's got.

Edited by Birdfanatick

I don't think Roddy is doing anything he doesn't normally do (outside of the call in St. Louis). Roddy talks a lot of trash and has been doing it since 08. It just never got under people skin because he wasn't this good yet. Now people are trying to figure out how to stop Roddy and they try and get in his head. He gets a call against him a couple times but he still performs. Now when he stops performing, then I will be worried.

Geno Hayes pushes Roddy, no call. Roddy does a lighter version, Flag! Talib pushes Roddy blatantly after a sideline catch while he is not in the game, no call.

A few inconsistencies show the TB refs favored TB in the calls but it ultimately didn't work. Roddy, Keep talking trash and scoring points, that's what skill players do.

I think it was a positive sign that when Talib hit him on the sidelines and was talking trash, he just laughed at him and walked away. After he lost it a little, the coaches had taken him aside and I think he realized the bucs were just trying to push his buttons. It will happen more and more and we will see how he reacts.

I'm just going to isolate Sunday's game. I know Roddy has had other exchanges.

First, following some jawing, he gets popped in the back of the head, and no flag is thrown.

Later, more jawing, and Roddy gives a little - and I mean little - push, and he's smiling all the time. He gets the PF.

Remember that last week, Talib called the ref a puszy after the game, and there was a question of whether or not he should be fined for that (of course, the ref called him a puszy right back!)

So, later, as Roddy runs out of bounds into the Bucs sideline, Talib gives him a shove, and you can read his lips as he calls Roddy a puszy.

My point is that Roddy stands up for himself, and doesn't really seem to get angry, but he's not going to just take crap off players like Talib - and I don't blame him. We don't get to hear the trash talk after each play, and apparently Talib has a big mouth. I'm not sure I could restrain myself any better than Roddy has.

I think the PF on Roddy was stupid, and the non call when he got smacked in the head was just wrong.

I completely agree that he needs to chill out. I know Robiskie let him have it after this latest penalty and I feel like Roddy will get the picture and see that 15 yard penalties are unacceptable.

I said during the game and I still think that they should have flagged both guys on that first push to Roddy. The game is a division rivalry and the Bucs are known for pushing the limits(I know Talib is) and the league just had Johnson and Finnegan going at it. It looked like Roddy was jawing at Hayes first and that's why they didn't throw a flag when he pushed Roddy. In that situation, especially that early in the game they needed to send a message. I think they figured it out and that's why they flagged Roddy on the second one.

I have no idea how Talib got away with going after the refs after his last game, especially with his past. I dang sure don't know how the refs let him get away with pushing Roddy when Roddy went out of bounds. With Talib's past and all the jawing going on you can't just let that go. I didn't even see the refs say anything to him.

I got no problem with Roddy.

The PF call was so freaking lame. It was like a playful little push.

On the first drive of the game, the Bucs tried to intimidate Roddy by lighting him up well after the play was over, and the refs did nothing.

So....not gonna expect Roddy to take that kind of stuff.

Just keep making miraculous catches on 3rd and 20 Roddy, and we are all good.

I don't think it was the push that for him the flag. He flipped the ball at the defender. If u get to see NFL replay tonight you will probably get to see it. I think the db was jawing at him and he flipped the ball at him when he got up, then the little pushing thing

I'm just going to isolate Sunday's game. I know Roddy has had other exchanges.

First, following some jawing, he gets popped in the back of the head, and no flag is thrown.

Later, more jawing, and Roddy gives a little - and I mean little - push, and he's smiling all the time. He gets the PF.

Remember that last week, Talib called the ref a puszy after the game, and there was a question of whether or not he should be fined for that (of course, the ref called him a puszy right back!)

So, later, as Roddy runs out of bounds into the Bucs sideline, Talib gives him a shove, and you can read his lips as he calls Roddy a puszy.

My point is that Roddy stands up for himself, and doesn't really seem to get angry, but he's not going to just take crap off players like Talib - and I don't blame him. We don't get to hear the trash talk after each play, and apparently Talib has a big mouth. I'm not sure I could restrain myself any better than Roddy has.

I think the PF on Roddy was stupid, and the non call when he got smacked in the head was just wrong.

When I saw that, I thought for sure there would be a flag... There definitely should have been.

I don't think Roddy is doing anything he doesn't normally do (outside of the call in St. Louis). Roddy talks a lot of trash and has been doing it since 08. It just never got under people skin because he wasn't this good yet. Now people are trying to figure out how to stop Roddy and they try and get in his head. He gets a call against him a couple times but he still performs. Now when he stops performing, then I will be worried.

Geno Hayes pushes Roddy, no call. Roddy does a lighter version, Flag! Talib pushes Roddy blatantly after a sideline catch while he is not in the game, no call.

A few inconsistencies show the TB refs favored TB in the calls but it ultimately didn't work. Roddy, Keep talking trash and scoring points, that's what skill players do.

I need to watch that gain. IIRC, Roddy barely touched the guy and smiling all the while.

yea its clear to see that most of yall fans want quiet players like a jason webster type who doesnt say anything. Stop complaining if a player goes out and plays with a chip on his shoulder against a division rival and lets his emotions out a little bit. Its not like its a regular thing so get off roddy's back.

I don't believe anybody's on his back, but 15 yard penaties at the wrong moment could be game changing. I think the general concensus is, that thus far, Roddy has been letting his on the field play speak for itself, in other words Roddy - If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just sayin.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

I don't believe anybody's on his back, but 15 yard penaties at the wrong moment could be game changing. I think the general concensus is, that thus far Roddy has been letting his on the field play speak for himself, in other words Roddy - If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just sayin.

i understand but once again, a division rival type game like that, its bound to happen regardless of who it is. And its not like roddy does it week in and week out so he's allowed at least 1 game to mouth off and get buck on somebody. we not talkin about d-hall here. You can just imagine what monday night against the aints will be like.

I get what you guys are saying...but Roddy can't let guys push him around either. The flag in Tampa was a joke b/c like some have already pointed out it was a small get out of my face type of shove for a guy that got all up in his grill, but this was after they seemingly turned the other cheek when Tampa did it.

He needs to be careful, but he can't let a team think they're just gonna get away with cheap/dirty stuff either.