Best team in the NFC

Pacific_Falcon

apparently the best team in the NFC somehow can't beat a single opponent with a winning record. strange, no?

Look he already admitted it was a motivational tool for his team. They played New Orleans And Atlanta in a 3 week span before he made that proclamation. They went 1-2 in that stretch and he hasn't said it since. I don't see the point in bringing it up on a MB, I'm sure the Falcons players reminded them after the game who is number 1.

coach was trying to fire his team up. he has a young team that is playing well and if you can give them something to rally behind it can help morale. i don't blame him one bit.

i respect raheem morris as a hc very much. actually i respect all the nfc south head coachs, i think all four of them are excellent coaches.

coach was trying to fire his team up. he has a young team that is playing well and if you can give them something to rally behind it can help morale. i don't blame him one bit.

i respect raheem morris as a hc very much. actually i respect all the nfc south head coachs, i think all four of them are excellent coaches.

Yep.

The OP is a ******* moron.

Dang the Falcons must be lucky to BEAT the best team in the NFC TWICE and to have a much better record than the BEST TEAM IN THE NFC!!!

Hopefully one day the Falcons can also be the best team in the NFC, can't wait till Raheem unveils his choice for best NFC team soon as he has the final word on the matter.

Since the two games the Falcons play against the bucs are behind us now, I think I will hold off the smack talk until next season when it comes to Tampa. In fact, I will be pulling for them from here on out.

WHAT ?? are you a tampon fan??

I hate them so dam bad I could never pull for them in the manner you have stated!!!!

As a matter or fact, I'm as happy as a flea on a fat footless dog that we put a nail in

their play-off coffin and beat them for the FIFTH TIME IN A ROW !!!!! :P

but to each his own.

I don't care what his reasons were. If the idea was to influence his young team, then his young and impressionable team learned their lesson the hard way that it was just bs, by losing to the best team in the NFC. That team has improved from what it was, goody for them but thats all that can be said. They cannot beat a team with a winning record. I seriously doubt that team will ever have sustained success under that coach, maybe a good season followed up with a bad one.

Just that one statement alone illustrates the huge difference in philosophy between Smith and Morris and others like him. Oh and by the way Smith started with and still has a very young team . Despite having the best team in the NFC Smith doesn't talk it up, instead he's looking at what the team needs to do in order to become even better. Thankfully Smith never took that route with his young team.

The NFL battlefield is littered with markers of guys who touted their team to be better than they were/are for the sake of motiviation. See Morris who is winless against Smith, coach Ryan last night is another example of that approach. Has everyone forgotten Glanville, at least he had earned that California trophy before we were destroyed after he put it on display?