Divisional Tie Breaker

freefall

I haven't been on the MB in a while so I don't know if it has been brought up yet or not, but the different between getting 1 or 2 home games in the playoff vs being on the road the whole playoff(potentially) is the different between winning and losing the division. So with that being said it's probably safe to assume that it will come down to us and NO. In that case all we got to do is beat CAR x 2 and SEA and the Division is our. Here are the tie breakers:

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

If we beat CAR x 2 and SEA but loses to NO, assuming NO also win the next 4 games then both teams will be 13-3. Both team would also be 1-1 head to head and 5-1 in the division. So the 3rd tie breaker is common games in which both teams would have played:

PIT

ARI

SF

CLE

CIN

BAL

STL

SEA

Of which the Falcons would be 7-1(lost to PIT) while NO would be 6-2(lost to CLE & ARI). So unless I missed something the road to Division title and home playoff is wide open for us.

I was looking at this earlier. If we win the next two and if the aints lose against the ravens AND if the eagles and bears lose one more games AND the Giants lose the next two we would actually have home field before we have to play the last two. I think this is possible, but we are going to play the Aints as hard as we can on Monday night so it really dosent matter until then, but it would be really nice going into the last week with everything wrapped up so we can rest our starters. I don't see that last game against the panties at home as too tough anyway.