THIRD QUARTER HICK'RY STICK AWARD POLL!

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins our third quarterly HSA?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We spoke about this at the game briefly (was nice to see you again!) and I was thinking about it ever since.

Despite his terrible performance yesterday... he still made two throws that in essence won the game for us. Matt has been out of this world this season. There is never a moment where I'm convinced we have lost. No matter the circumstances, I always feel as if we have a chance to win. Before this game, his play had been near his career best.

If there was ever a time to give Matt the HSA, it would be after peeling off wins again the Packers, Ravens, Bucs and Rams while playing the best ball of his carrer.

With that said, Grimes has quickly become my favorite Falcon. That was the one autograph I wanted yesterday more than any. Despite having a well-respected corner opposite of him and facing the most targets of his career, he continues to play at a really high level. I have never seen someone so athletic. 3 straight games against the Bucs with at least one INT.

EWeems has had monster games all year. He's been inches away from breaking one all year long and when we needed him most, has now come through TWICE.

2/4 games in this third quarter were almost won solely because of Weems. He's gotta be considered.

If I was the sole voter in this discussion, I'd split the HS in three and give it to Grimes, Matty, and Weems. :D

But I gotta vote with the rest, so I voted for Matt.

Flacco's complete whif on a game-winning drive last night is the reason why. That comparison has never made sense to me. Matt would have NEVER thrown that pass in that fashion.

They aren't on the same universe. We have something special brewing.

Edited by thempizzle

We spoke about this at the game briefly (was nice to see you again!) and I was thinking about it ever since.

Despite his terrible performance yesterday... he still made two throws that in essence won the game for us. Matt has been out of this world this season. There is never a moment where I'm convinced we have lost. No matter the circumstances, I always feel as if we have a chance to win. Before this game, his play had been near his career best.

If there was ever a time to give Matt the HSA, it would be after peeling off wins again the Packers, Ravens, Bucs and Rams while playing the best ball of his carrer.

With that said, Grimes has quickly become my favorite Falcon. That was the one autograph I wanted yesterday more than any. Despite having a well-respected corner opposite of him and facing the most targets of his career, he continues to play at a really high level. I have never seen someone so athletic. 3 straight games against the Bucs with at least one INT.

EWeems has had monster games all year. He's been inches away from breaking one all year long and when we needed him most, has now come through TWICE.

2/4 games in this third quarter were almost won solely because of Weems. He's gotta be considered.

If I was the sole voter in this discussion, I'd split the HS in three and give it to Grimes, Matty, and Weems. biggrin.gif

But I gotta vote with the rest, so I voted for Matt.

Flacco's complete whif on a game-winning drive last night is the reason why. That comparison has never made sense to me. Matt would have NEVER thrown that pass in that fashion.

They aren't on the same universe. We have something special brewing.

EXCELLENT breakdown. That more or less describes my voting process perfectly. Very, very stuck between those three players.

Was great to see you again too!!! happy.gif

I think if anyone but Matty gets it, it invalidates the process of voting. It will show people are too focused on the one previous game. It might mean that we should go back to voting after every game and then the player who gets the most combined votes wins.

I am not knocking Grimes or anyone else but Matty played out of his mind in 3 of the 4 games and even yesterday he made the plays we needed to win. No one else has contributed as much to our recent success.

If we had already given it to our star qb once this year you could make a case for spreading it around a little but he is due... even with that hair.

My suggestion is we give the award to the offensive Line.. The WHOLE offensive line.

Without them, ryan cant throw, roddy cant catch, the defense stays on the field longer.

These guys have been in the trenches all year.. Lets reward them and show our appreciation !!!!!

My suggestion is we give the award to the offensive Line.. The WHOLE offensive line.

Without them, ryan cant throw, roddy cant catch, the defense stays on the field longer.

These guys have been in the trenches all year.. Lets reward them and show our appreciation !!!!!

Nice idea but the award is for individual achievement.

We may re-think it next season. If there is a next season.

Matt Ryan, Brent Grimes, and Eric Weems were my top 3 choices. But my number 1 choice was Weems.

Matty came through in the clutch AGAIN for us, Brent had a key INT, and Weems just had a ridiculous return B)

All 3 of these guys were our heroes, and contributed the most in getting us a win.

Great game yesterday Falcons!

Matt Ryan, Brent Grimes, and Eric Weems.

Matty came through in the clutch AGAIN for us, Brent had a key INT, and Weems just had a ridiculous return B)

All 3 of these guys were our heroes, and contributed the most in getting us a win.

Great game yesterday Falcons!

I agree, but this ain't a mini-poll. Gotta pick ONE for the quarter! :P