That was a Tampa 2 Defense they ran all day.. drop the middle linebacker deep in between safeties into zone,,, Matt didnt seem to figure it out untill the end... Snelling was a big miss out there today.. the best way to beat a Tampa 2 is a middle screen and without snelling our screen game wasnt there.. Mularkey has to trust in Turners hands if Snelling goes down in future games.

Dude youre ********. Tampa didnt run a cover 2 all day long. They were mostly in a cover 1 all day and ran some man too. No need to run a cover 2 with the field in as bad of shape as it was. No one was going deep.

And please learn what a cover 2 defense is before you post.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i hate about being apart of a Fans team forums is a lot of you guys are biased.. you dont take the time to look and think about what people say.. youre quick to call someone out, cause they said something bad about your favorite player or whateva.. take the time to look through what was said and try to figure out what they ment before you make a negative statement.

Some of yall are phuckin idiots, cant even have a mature discussion about something.

i can see if i said. wow MATT ryan was exposed man he sucks thank good Weems ran the K/O back or we woulda lost.

no team had Matt ryan playing so bad in the first half and 3rd quarter like the BUCS did. therfore they Exposed his weekness against a TAMPA 2 Defense, and the exotic coverages they threw at him. THANK GOD MATT IS A GOOD QB AND HE ADJUSTED TO THE COVERAGE TO FINISH THE GAME STRONG.. I KNOW HE'LL STUDY HARD AND WONT HAVE TROUBLE AGAINST THAT TYPE OF DEFENSE AGAIN...

IS THAT BETTER.

One thing i hate about being apart of a Fans team forums is a lot of you guys are biased.. you dont take the time to look and think about what people say.. youre quick to call someone out, cause they said something bad about your favorite player or whateva.. take the time to look through what was said and try to figure out what they ment before you make a negative statement.

Some of yall are phuckin idiots, cant even have a mature discussion about something.

i can see if i said. wow MATT ryan was exposed man he sucks thank good Weems ran the K/O back or we woulda lost.

no team had Matt ryan playing so bad in the first half and 3rd quarter like the BUCS did. therfore they Exposed his weekness against a TAMPA 2 Defense, and the exotic coverages they threw at him. THANK GOD MATT IS A GOOD QB AND HE ADJUSTED TO THE COVERAGE TO FINISH THE GAME STRONG.. I KNOW HE'LL STUDY HARD AND WONT HAVE TROUBLE AGAINST THAT TYPE OF DEFENSE AGAIN...

IS THAT BETTER.

No, it's not better because you still aren't comprehending the fact that it wasn't the defensive scheme that had Ryan playing so bad but the fact he was overthrowing everything so bad and also Roddy White slipping that caused an INT. Nothing biased to that at all, just stating facts...

No, it's not better because you still aren't comprehending the fact that it wasn't the defensive scheme that had Ryan playing so bad but the fact he was overthrowing everything so bad and also Roddy White slipping that caused an INT. Nothing biased to that at all, just stating facts...

wow really i dont remember saying anything about matt throwing interceptions. show me the quote where i said that. oh yeah you cant..

wow really i dont remember saying anything about matt throwing interceptions. show me the quote where i said that. oh yeah you cant..

Walk away dude, just walk away. You called the thunder down, and now you are about to ride the lightning. It ain't worth it ... cut your losses and find another subject to talk about.

That was a Tampa 2 Defense they ran all day.. drop the middle linebacker deep in between safeties into zone,,, Matt didnt seem to figure it out untill the end... Snelling was a big miss out there today.. the best way to beat a Tampa 2 is a middle screen and without snelling our screen game wasnt there.. Mularkey has to trust in Turners hands if Snelling goes down in future games.

Every great QB has an off day every so many games. H.ell, Peyton Manning is having an off year !! Horrible.

Ryan is saving his best for the Monday Nighter against the Aint's. Should be one for the ages.

Were you not discussing Matt Ryan's poor play? Are INT's generally considered part of playing poorly?

So once again, Ryan's poor play was a result of just having an off day, overthrowing most of the poor passes and not a defensive scheme (since that is the part you seem to keep overlooking).

BTW, don't insult people about not being able to have a mature conversation when the only response you have to a legitimate straight forward response is a completely smart-assed response...

Were you not discussing Matt Ryan's poor play? Are INT's generally considered part of playing poorly?

So once again, Ryan's poor play was a result of just having an off day, overthrowing most of the poor passes and not a defensive scheme (since that is the part you seem to keep overlooking).

BTW, don't insult people about not being able to have a mature conversation when the only response you have to a legitimate straight forward response is a completely smart-assed response...

Cappy, how many years we been here? How many of these nonsense threads have we had to deal with? I'm gettin too old for this ----... lol

First, I should have never said ******** in my first post. My bad, I'm just use to dealing with Aint's fans and that is a given that they are ********.

I agree, Matt did not have a good game. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But he did what winners do and that is find a way to win. There is no reason to discuss on particular play or another, but there are a couple of things to point out. First, the conditions yesterday were terrible. WR were slipping, Matt slipped at least once but was able to jump up and scramble avoiding a sack, the Oline was slipping. It was windy, everything thrown or kicked wasnt going were you wanted it too. This was a tough divisional game. We always bust each other in the mouth and go 100% the entire game.

As I mentioned in the message you sent me, Tampa was not running their typical defense against us. They played a lot of cover one and press on the corners. When they did run a cover 2 against us it was a 4 - 5 - 2 and I think I saw one cover three when they were in a nickle. I don't know all their personel that well, so not sure. No one was running deep stuff. We ran one deep pass to HD in the end zone and he couldnt accelerate to get to it. Roddy fell down for the INT and Freeman missed a wide open receiver on one 20 yard pass because the WR fell down. Both teams were playing a lot of underneith garbage in the secondary and that's why there wasnt any big plays for huge gains or TD's. You said Ryan was exposed. How? There weren't screens called because when a defense is sitting on the screen routes with 5 or 6 defenders you are asking for a INT. The OC knew this and didnt call any. You can't just run a screen because you think it's a good idea, you have to respond to the defense. Yes, you want to play your game, but you don't throw into triple coverage and you don't run screens when the MLB is always taking the flat to the strong side and the SS is sitting in the middle of the field 7 yards off the line of scrimage. Tampa through some unusual defensive alignments against us and we couldnt adjust because the field was terrible.

If anything this game goes to demonstrate how effective Ryan is in adapting to a bad situation and making plays happen.

The only thing exposed was the Tampa grounds crew.

Ryan was not his sharpest, but between him slipping and the receivers slipping, their precision timing was not there. For the future I'd say Ryan and his group need to find a muddy field at Flowery Branch to practice rain/snow/grass conditiosn for their timing.

The best thing was even though Ryan was 'human' the rest of the team found a way to get it done. While Ryan is the team leader, it is still a team game. You can't do it all alone, just ask Peyton Manning!

/\/\/\/\This.

'Exposed'...sheesh....come on dude, you're being a bit dramatic....Peyton threw 2 picks yesterday too and they're 6-6...guess he's been exposed too...

Seriously man - the first INT was an overthrow and the second, Roddy slipped and fell down...

He actually threw 4, just 2 of them were returned for TDs lol.

(peyton)

What was exposed was that we have a very very precise timed route running. Ryan and the WR already know where the ball will be when the ball is out of his hand, but the WR is not at that position yet. This takes a lot of practice and very accurate conditions. If a receiver falls or Ryan slips, the whole thing gets messed up. And that's exactly what kept on happening on Sunday over and over again. Plus Ryan was quite a bit off. Perhaps because of the early misses the timing got thrown off. Regardless, we won the game. We can win even when playing not our best.And that is what got exposed ultimately.

Ryan was exposed. He was exposed because Tampa said "We will make him beat us with the deep ball." Guess what? Ryans deep ball is the weakest part of his game. All season Ryan has relied on majority underneath passes with good YAC. Tampa knew this and played there defense up close to cut down the quick routes and the passes underneath and for 3 1/2 quarters Ryan looked completely lost. He should have been picked 4 times that game but fate was on our side as it has been for 7 games this season.

lol

IS THAT BETTER.

Not really. The subject line of a post sets the tone. You have been here long enough to have figured that out, and if you haven't, well, you deserve to be frustrated. If you start with a troll-like subject line you will be treated like a troll... every single time... well, unless you are me and sometimes use it as a platform for a joke.

You would have had a distinctly different result if you had started with "Ryan had a bad day" or "Ryan seemed to be struggling." You would have still had people like me who thinks the field was mostly to blame but you probably would not have had people in your face.

Either figure it out or don't but things work a certain way around here and if you don't like it... tough.

Ryan was exposed. He was exposed because Tampa said "We will make him beat us with the deep ball." Guess what? Ryans deep ball is the weakest part of his game. All season Ryan has relied on majority underneath passes with good YAC. Tampa knew this and played there defense up close to cut down the quick routes and the passes underneath and for 3 1/2 quarters Ryan looked completely lost. He should have been picked 4 times that game but fate was on our side as it has been for 7 games this season.

Ryan does not benefit from good YAC yards. Falcons rank 25th in YAC yards so wrong yet again.

Ryan does not benefit from good YAC yards. Falcons rank 25th in YAC yards so wrong yet again.

I did not know you were keeping count. It makes no difference however pundit, check the replays. We are #1 in the leauge on series of 10+ plays. Know what that means? We rely on a lot of short completions. So my argument, while mistaken for YAC, is still perfectly viable.

Now crawl back under your bridge.

Not really. The subject line of a post sets the tone. You have been here long enough to have figured that out, and if you haven't, well, you deserve to be frustrated. If you start with a troll-like subject line you will be treated like a troll... every single time... well, unless you are me and sometimes use it as a platform for a joke.

You would have had a distinctly different result if you had started with "Ryan had a bad day" or "Ryan seemed to be struggling." You would have still had people like me who thinks the field was mostly to blame but you probably would not have had people in your face.

Either figure it out or don't but things work a certain way around here and if you don't like it... tough.

While I agree with most of what you're saying, but to use the field conditions as a crutch for Matt's poor showing for 3+ QTRS is grasping at straws, but then again I'm not you. Bottom line, both teams played on the same surface and it seemed to me that it adversely affected the falcons more in the QB play and the pizz poor tackling. Props to Matt for making it count in the clutch tho.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

While I agree with most of what you're saying, but to use the field conditions as a crutch for Matt's poor showing for 3+ QTRS is grasping at straws, but then again I'm not you. Bottom line, both teams played on the same surface and it seemed to me that it adversely affected the falcons more in the QB play and the pizz poor tackling.

I said it was mostly to blame. Also, both QBs only complete half of their passes so to say it didn't affect Freeman as well is probably false.

The thing is we know what we have in Ryan. Sure he is capable of having a bad day just like every QB but I don't see how looking at field conditions is grasping at straws to explain his struggles. Now if he struggles against Carolina we may have to accept there is something more wrong like an un-reported injury.

I said it was mostly to blame. Also, both QBs only complete half of their passes so to say it didn't affect Freeman as well is probably false.

The thing is we know what we have in Ryan. Sure he is capable of having a bad day just like every QB but I don't see how looking at field conditions is grasping at straws to explain his struggles. Now if he struggles against Carolina we may have to accept there is something more wrong like an un-reported injury.

I really expect Matt to bounce back against the Panthers, just think that for whatever reason, Ray-Jay has his nbr.