Good game Saints.

Big Bubba

OK REAL TALK HERE FOR A SECOND:

Penalties and ST play were the only things that kept this game even competitive, forget about nailbiting. No disrespect to the Bengals, who made the plays they needed and played one helluva game, but we were acting like a team that just came off a week 2 bye. For all the talk about cold weather and not being able to throw the ball we played just fine when we weren't having brainfarts on the OL. I knew going into the half that if that didn't get adjusted we were going to be in a dogfight, and we were.

ST coverage was just horrible, the Bengals had an average start position of what, like the 45? That better improve, I don't care WHO you're playing <_<

And on top of ALL that, the worst thing? Ron EFFING Pitts. I thought the days over drawing the D team coverage were over? :angry:

But yeah, it was still a thriller, love winning those games, especially knowing the grief it's likely to cause a certain faction of rival fans

SO CLOSE B)

OK REAL TALK HERE FOR A SECOND:

Penalties and ST play were the only things that kept this game even competitive, forget about nailbiting. No disrespect to the Bengals, who made the plays they needed and played one helluva game, but we were acting like a team that just came off a week 2 bye. For all the talk about cold weather and not being able to throw the ball we played just fine when we weren't having brainfarts on the OL. I knew going into the half that if that didn't get adjusted we were going to be in a dogfight, and we were.

ST coverage was just horrible, the Bengals had an average start position of what, like the 45? That better improve, I don't care WHO you're playing <_<

And on top of ALL that, the worst thing? Ron EFFING Pitts. I thought the days over drawing the D team coverage were over? :angry:

But yeah, it was still a thriller, love winning those games, especially knowing the grief it's likely to cause a certain faction of rival fans

SO CLOSE B)

Yea ST was horrible. It seemed like every drive they were on the 40

I agree from what I could tell from the stats. over 100 yards in penalties?

Payton was risky going for it on 4th and 2 with 30something seconds left. It turned out well though, so brilliant move.

He wasn't going for it. He was trying to draw them off sides and the ******* jumped!

i actually was hoping they went for it there. You have a fifty fifty chance of winning the coin toss in overtime, and the way the Saints D was playing at the end, i'm not really sure they could have stopped them.

So, the question comes down do you think the Saints have a better than 50/50 chance of converting a fourth and 2 on a tired Bengals' defense. I felt like Payton would have had something up his sleeve there that we hadn't seen to convert; hence, i wanted them to go for it. It is unconventional, but so is Payton and i can't see where my logic is flawed although it may very well be. lol

Thanks. Great game by Drew.

Alot of young players are finding their roles and the team is pretty healthy for this time of year which is always good to see.

I hate to say though, but Payton may need to fire his ST coach in the offseason. Second straight season of poor special teams play.

Cincy started on their 43 on average and the 12 men penalty was inexcusable. Nearly cost them the game and would likely ensure an early exit vs playoff competition.

Be that as it may the saints are not the scary dominant team they were last season. They are missing something and maybe a big part of that is the turnovers, running game (which was good yesterday) and the STs play.

Last years team was a great team!

not many teams win the way they did last year.

the good thing about THIS year is NO ONE team is dominate

Be that as it may the saints are not the scary dominant team they were last season. They are missing something and maybe a big part of that is the turnovers, running game (which was good yesterday) and the STs play.

Well, if you're speaking of the season as a whole then I can't really argue.

Since the cleveland game though, I don't see a whole lot missing. They're starting to do a good enough impresson of last years' version for me.

The turnovers are being forced, they're just still mostly bouncing away. QB & WR corps are looking better than ever. TE & RB are looking deeper than last year. D is more fundamentally solid.

If anything remains to be cleaned up its the Oline. Same five guys, but the play hasn't been up to par.

Well, if you're speaking of the season as a whole then I can't really argue.

Since the cleveland game though, I don't see a whole lot missing. They're starting to do a good enough impresson of last years' version for me.

The turnovers are being forced, they're just still mostly bouncing away. QB & WR corps are looking better than ever. TE & RB are looking deeper than last year. D is more fundamentally solid.

If anything remains to be cleaned up its the Oline. Same five guys, but the play hasn't been up to par.

I agree on the Oline, Evans seems like the biggest culprit. He got paid and has had some serious drop off. IMO, the other thing that has stood out is the play of your CBs. Porter, what's wrong with him? Greer is solid but not as dominating as last season.

I agree on the Oline, Evans seems like the biggest culprit. He got paid and has had some serious drop off. IMO, the other thing that has stood out is the play of your CBs. Porter, what's wrong with him? Greer is solid but not as dominating as last season.

Yeah, I don't know if Evans has come back too happy with the $$$, too heavy, or is being exposed by the change in referee positioning. Hope he makes the necessary adjustments or the Saints may be reluctant to pay Nicks who is playing like an all-pro.

Good point about the CB play, it has been pretty spotty the last few weeks.

Greer acted like he'd gotten used to teams not testing him vs Seattle and was abused. Porter was sloppy with his tackling vs the Cowboys and looked out-matched vs Ocho/TO. I don't know what schemes GW has had them in, but the last three teams have converted ALOT of 3rd/4th and longs on them.

Their offense may be off a little compared to how they were last season but I think they've the ability to go all the way again.

Last season, they had some very ugly wins against much weaker teams, still..

That and they've been there before, in the playoffs, that switch may flip on in their heads and they dominate again. Going to be interesting to see how it turns out.