Do we need to beware?

DirtiBird

I wouldn't worry about that. The Eagles will either re-sign him, or franchise him and sign him up later. He's not going anywhere.

i read that if philly doesn't lock up vick then the vikings will make a serious run at him. even if philly franchises vick i could see the vikings giving up the required draft picks if that happens.

Cam Newton is not going to be the first QB taken. ****, there is a debate about whether Newton will even be a first round pick.

I think Newton ends up being the third QB drafted, and falling to about the 10th - 15th overall pick, to possibly the Seahawks, Vikings or Niners.

Edited by RoastBeeph

I'm not sure if they would take him. It would be hard not to. The kid is lights out.

I think most scouts right now are predicting Andrew Luck as being the top rated NFL prospect. It will be up to their GM and new coach on which direction they go.

If they go QB, which i think is a big if because it makes little sense to give up on claussen just yet. But if they think Claussen is not the answer, i don't see how they pass on Luck. The kid is Matt Ryan jr. from a cerebral, intangible loaded type of leader. Consider the program he's with. A strong academic program, yet he has seriously lifted that team. Very similar to what matt did at BC.

The panties would be better served (i hope they don't btw) drafting an AJ Green, or Richard Quinn. Instant playmakers and let the QB from Notre Dame have a shot with some talent.

Thats where he will maybe end up.. im more afraid Vick will end up there

Remember Carruth? Richardson vowed never to have anything like that happen again. Only place less likely to take Vick than Carolina is Atlanta.

lol @ anyone thinking that Newton would go before Luck; only in the south. Jesus. You do know, college football fans in the south, that college football is indeed played in other parts of the country? If you think anyone would EVER consider drafting Cam Newton before Andrew Luck, you simply don't deserve to talk about football.

Besides, Carolina is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive...now, if they were to get his coach also, that'd be a different story altogether.

Relax- somebody just watched the man have a Vick like performance and got excited about it. And when did teams start always making the right choice on draft day?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

If Newton leaves Aurburn as of right now Carolina Panthers are in the hunt to get him. Should we care?

He'll be headed to Minnesota.

If Newton leaves Aurburn as of right now Carolina Panthers are in the hunt to get him. Should we care?

I could care less, have we not seen this before. We were suppose to be afraid about Reggie Bush in the NFC south. While he has been a nice piece for the Saints, he has not hardly been as dominant as he was in college.

Newton has great stats running and passing. His numbers are lights out, he is passing the ball like a real QB should and he adds 1500 yards rushing on the ground. The NFL is the great "equalizer." Many guys with super start numbers have been chewed up and spit out by the NFL. I can't imagine that Newton could do anything more with another year in school, however, I really wonder about him given that there is not a long track record of on field success for him.

Randy Moss did take the league by storm when he came in, however, it didn't translate into championships for anybody he played for. At QB, Newton would have more of an impact, but I still have some doubts. I don't think there are many designed run for a QB in the NFL, you run the risk of him getting hurt. He is not going to out weigh any NFL defensive lineman and he will be facing the best of the best every week. He looks like a top 5 talent, but still raw to me.

Vick has said that he wants to play for Philly, and only Philly.

That's not at all what he said after the Thursday night game.

They asked him about his contract situation and he skated around the question a little bit. Said he would like to stay in Philadelphia, but by no means did he say only Philly.

I don't think Claussen is their future franchise QB. He looks more like a decent career backup.

Drafting the right QB turns teams around. Look at what it's done for the Falcons and Rams. Look at the Cardinals now without a QB. If I'm the Panthers GM I'm looking at what the rest of the teams in my division has....Brees, Ryan, and Freeman. If Luck is by far the best QB to be taken and it a pretty safe pick to be a future franchise QB......I pick him because I need a QB to compete against teams in my division that has QB's.