Do we need to beware?

DirtiBird

We need to help Carolina get that top draft choice. He seems like a really good kid and I understand he's from College Park. I hope that who ever gets him won't immediately throw him to the wolves and he can avoid major injuries. He won't be doing some of the things he did this year at the next level while maintaining that dynamic smile.

Will the Panthers call the Clausen experiment done in only 1 year? :unsure: :lol:

Remember that Clausen was a mid-2nd round pick & that Carolina also drafted Tony Pike late in that draft, so it's not like they were putting all their eggs in the Clausen basket. They were hoping one of the 3 would emerge as a legit QB (including Moore). Clausen might end up a decent backup, but I think they almost have to take a QB #1, and it's not giving up on Clausen, just realizing he was drafted about where he should have been.

lol @ anyone thinking that Newton would go before Luck; only in the south. Jesus. You do know, college football fans in the south, that college football is indeed played in other parts of the country? If you think anyone would EVER consider drafting Cam Newton before Andrew Luck, you simply don't deserve to talk about football.

Besides, Carolina is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive...now, if they were to get his coach also, that'd be a different story altogether.

lol @ anyone thinking that Newton would go before Luck; only in the south. Jesus. You do know, college football fans in the south, that college football is indeed played in other parts of the country? If you think anyone would EVER consider drafting Cam Newton before Andrew Luck, you simply don't deserve to talk about football.

Besides, Carolina is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive...now, if they were to get his coach also, that'd be a different story altogether.

Jeff Otah missing the season absolutely decimated their line. They have 2, maybe 3 quality running backs, a good line(when healthy), no QB, no receivers, a TE that has shown flashes, but they never throw to, and a young but talented defense.

Depending on who they hire as their coach, and how they draft, I can see them doing what the Falcons and Dolphins did in 2008 and rebounding quickly. Maybe not to the point of 11-5, but the division is arguably tougher now than it was for us in 2008.