Next year will be the first year free on Vick cap money

Andre5000

Even with Vick's money off our books, and a settled CBA, I don't see TD going on a spending spree...

True.. but we could sign a few need positions.. and keep some guys (Clabo, Dahl).. Id like another good TE.. and a WR.. and another pass rusher.. those 3 can be gotten in a combo of draft and free Agency with the free'd up cap money...

The Eagles should send us some draft picks or something...just because it's the right thing to do... ;)

Vick screwed this franchise over royally. How any Falcon fan can cheer for him is beyond me.

Really? I mean, yeah, 2007 was pretty bad. We now have Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, Mike Smith, Thomas Dimitroff, 3 consecutive winning seasons, and hopefully a Super Bowl on the horizon. I've got no bitterness towards Michael Vick anymore. We're a better team now than we were with him, so if that's what it took.. works for me.

Really? I mean, yeah, 2007 was pretty bad. We now have Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, Mike Smith, Thomas Dimitroff, 3 consecutive winning seasons, and hopefully a Super Bowl on the horizon. I've got no bitterness towards Michael Vick anymore. We're a better team now than we were with him, so if that's what it took.. works for me.

it all turned out good for us.. I cheer for Vick.. he seems humble and like a changed man to me.. I wish him the best.. i dont feel he purposely screwed the franchise over.. i feel he was just caught up in childish behavior and his friends brought him down.. in the end , going to prison was the best thing that ever happened to him.. he made good on his second chance, unlike Lawrence Phillips and countless others..

True.. but we could sign a few need positions.. and keep some guys (Clabo, Dahl).. Id like another good TE.. and a WR.. and another pass rusher.. those 3 can be gotten in a combo of draft and free Agency with the free'd up cap money...

Yaa bit its not like TD is going to turn into Dan Snyder and start buying every has been free agent there is, do the fiscally responsible thing and build thru the draft. Like the Pats, cherry pick positions and pay for what we got. Like for instance, grab Fitz and Osi unemora (Can't spell his name). THe farther we go the more other players will want to come here. ;)

I mean do ya'll realize the pats dreaft like 11-13 players a year but end up signing like 5 or 6. To me if your a high number pick from the pats, your pretty much screwed unless you do Ungodly at training camp, but its nice also because that means your team doesn't need much, except backups, we need some more help on defense and another WR and a better kick returner, but its light and day what we were like 4 years ago. :unsure:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a big spending spree.

We have a young team that has been build primarily through the draft. Those young players are going to be out of contract soon, and we will need all of our cap space to re-sign the best of them. We could lose 4 starting OL in the 2011 off-season,as well as Grimes, Snelling and Nicholas. In 2012 it's HD, Biermann, Lofton, Decoud, Abe, Gonzo.

We are currently in a very healthy position in terms of spending and future cap room, but we will need it all. Investing our capspace in expenisve veteran FA's would be a huge mistake if it means losing some of the best young players we've got.

The Eagles should send us some draft picks or something...just because it's the right thing to do... ;)

Vick screwed this franchise over royally. How any 'so called' Falcon fan can cheer for him is beyond me.

I'm a Falcons fan, and there's nothing wrong with a Falcons fan cheering him on. I would be also, but considering Philly beat us and their on top the NFC east, I'm routing for any and every team to knock them off b/c truth be told, aside from New Orleans, Philly is the other team I'm concerned with. Vick doing well is good to see as it shows that some people can turn their lives around and rededicate themselves and that's probably what some Falcons fans are cheering about

]

While I agree with everything you just said, it gives me no reason to cheer for Vick.

Living well is the best revenge.

I completely understand those that choose not to cheer for him. That's fine. What I don't understand is the people who have an absolute hatred for him.

Before I answer, just let me make sure everyone understands I only speak for myself.

I put him on the same list as Favre in that both pretty much let me down. Favre couldn't stay sober long enough to make a team picture and got traded and look what happened after he left. Vick showed this town some good things then went to jail, again there goes a very bright star to be better somewhere else.

To me, Vick's stumble through life was a much bigger impact on my opinion of him because when the face of the franchise goes to jail, that broke the straw for me as I really feel like that was a disgrace to Atlanta.

We've all made mistakes in life and I'm sure we will make more, I know I might because life isn't all that easy. I have foregiven Vick in my heart, but even that still doesn't allow me to like him.

If someone wishes to cheer for him in the Ga. Dome, please be wearing an Eagles jersey :angry:

I completely understand those that choose not to cheer for him. That's fine. What I don't understand is the people who have an absolute hatred for him.

Some fans on here took 2007 personally which I can understand, but with us winning like we have been doing the past 3 years and you still have all this hate for the man just tells me it's deeper than football.

Yea, I'm not sure why people still think we're hamstrung by Vick's contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4255981

The club will have no further salary-cap ramifications for Vick beyond 2009, general manager Thomas Dimitroff confirmed.

Yup.. The only thing now is that Vick Owe us 7 million... So yea.. Vick balling out is helping us... rather he gets a big contract or Franchised... We should get that money.