Inside the NFL...gimme a break!

I will start this off by saying that I normally could care less about what all the talking heads and pundits think or do. I'm generally not one of these people that worries over publicity and ESPN or NFL Network or whoever giving us props.

Tonight though, I got to see this weeks Inside the NFL for the first time.

There was absolutely no discussion at all of the Falcons victory over the Packers! Not a word! Give me a freakin break! One of the biggest games in the entire NFC last week and they don't even give it a mention??!

What was even worse though was the NFL films treatment of the game. To watch the highlights and not know better, you would have though Rodgers and Green Bay won the game!

That's all it was about! How great Rodgers was in leading the Packers comeback to tie.

They didn't even show the play where he fumbled at the goal line. Most important defensive stand of the game and they don't show it?!

I can handle not getting any credit from the collection of tools that host that show but it was as if we were being dissed by NFL films. Ridiculous!

I know it's late to be worried about this and it's time to start worrying about the bucs but it just really teed me off the way the highlights were presented.

Edited by FalcFanSinceSix!!

that's more coverage than the defending SB champs got on the exciting win @ Dallas

just face it, the south and it's teams are dismissed over the northern ones and a lot of the better players were born and bred in the south, go figure.

Dallas: 3-8

Green Bay: 7-4

That is why the SAINTS didn't get any publicity.

oh please, Saints/Cowboys game was the highest rating in 15 years on Fox's thanksgiving day games, not to mention the league's darling cowboys on a resurgence.

It was a good game for sure.

I think the parity in the NFC South actually hurts all of our teams.

This past year, I would say the Saints get the most attention(In the NFCS), and rightfully so when you've won a Super Bowl. If the Falcons hang on, this will be the 4th different division winner in the last 4 years. Unfortunately it's not necessarily because of great competition.

2002- Bucs take division, finish 7-9 and 3rd in 2003

2003- Panthers take division, finish 7-9 and 3rd in 2004

2004- Falcons take division, finish 8-8 and 3rd in 2005

2005- Panthers take division, finish 8-8 and 2nd in 2006

2006- Saints take division, finish 7-9 and 3rd in 2007

2007- Bucs take division, finish 9-7 and 3rd in 2008(2008 was the lone top to bottom quality year for the NFC South)

2008- Panthers take division, finish 8-8 and 3rd in 2009.

2009- Saints take division, finish......

Things are definitely turning around for the division, and we have 2 elite teams now, possibly a 3rd(Bucs) on the way.

As time goes on, people will give more and more recognition to the division, but it's going to take more than what's been done than the last 8 years.

That's my take on it anyways.

oh please, Saints/Cowboys game was the highest rating in 15 years on Fox's thanksgiving day games, not to mention the league's darling cowboys on a resurgence.

True but that doesn't mean that Thanksgiving games are always game of the week. The Packers are much better than the Cowboys.

oh, and the nfc south is the best division in football. It is not that new. Was the best division about 5 years ago too or something like that.

Edited by Captain Falcon

This past year, I would say the Saints get the most attention(In the NFCS), and rightfully so when you've won a Super Bowl. If the Falcons hang on, this will be the 4th different division winner in the last 4 years. Unfortunately it's not necessarily because of great competition.

2007- Bucs take division, finish 9-7 and 3rd in 2008(2008 was the lone top to bottom quality year for the NFC South)

Things are definitely turning around for the division, and we have 2 elite teams now, possibly a 3rd(Bucs) on the way.

As time goes on, people will give more and more recognition to the division, but it's going to take more than what's been done than the last 8 years.

imo there will always be a reason to not give adequate coverage of the nfc south. the league is a northern based entity and there is a hierarchy of teams that do not reside in the south.

imo there will always be a reason to not give adequate coverage of the nfc south. the league is a northern based entity and there is a hierarchy of teams that do not reside in the south.

Yep. Despite us having two of the best teams in the NFC, it's like nooobody cares. But oh well, we'll just cruise along and let them forget about us all the way to January.

that's more coverage than the defending SB champs got on the exciting win @ Dallas

just face it, the south and it's teams are dismissed over the northern ones and a lot of the better players were born and bred in the south, go figure.

The Thursday games don't seem to get much coverage after the Sunday games go.

I agree. As much as I hate hearing about the Saints - they've not been given even a fraction of the coverage prior SB winners (Steelers, Colts, Giants, etc.) got.

I think it's just something we have to live with.

I don't get that channel anymore, but I know what your talking about because I've seen the show many times. I often wonder if the powers that be on these networks aren't fans of certain teams and somehow dictate what's being said for their own jollies so to speak.

No, I believe it is about money. Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft - those guys and a few more rule the NFL when it comes to coverage and power.

For those that still don't get it, the NFL and reporters have their darlings they only put in positive light. They have their goons they only put in negative light.

If the fumble was Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, or some other NFL media scrub, they would show it 1000 times and blame the loss on them. It wasn't, it was Rodgers, who gives them highlight reel throws and they repay him with wonderful coverage.

Think about it, the same goes for Peyton. He threw 4 picks against SD, and all we hear is about how he can't do it by himself. I still haven't seen a highlight of any of them. You would think intercepting a marquee QB, arguably the best in the game, 4 times in 1 game is highlight reel material. You would think wrong.

In closing, Atlanta has not generated a lot of HUGE plays on offense. We've succeeded with a lot of medium plays that yield big results. We actually got more coverage in 05 when we were not as good but had more big plays. Since we don't give them as much material, they don't go out of their way for us. It's unfortunate, because real football enthusiasts would love what this team is doing this year.

I live in the NE. Here the Falcons are a good little team with that kid from BC at QB. The Saints are finesse team that played above their head.

That is just how it is always going to be. They can tell you how the Buffalo Bills are better than both up here.

Another stat that you didn't list: Only 1 team has posted a winning season after winning the division the previous year (2008 Buccs) - Saints will make only the second team to accomplish that feat barring a complete meltdown.

Another stat that you didn't list: Only 1 team has posted a winning season after winning the division the previous year (2008 Buccs) - Saints will make only the second team to accomplish that feat barring a complete meltdown.

Yep, not to mention, there has been 9 Head Coaches in the NFC South since 2002(4 from Atlanta). Until any of the teams show consistency(Which the Saints and Falcons are doing now), no one will get the 'respect' that fans want.

Are you beginning to figure out why there are no Falcons in Canton? No media coverage, no hype and it's easy to figure out why people say "who?" when you argue that Nobis, Van Note, Humphrey and Kenn deserve HOF recognition. Had ANY one of those guys played for Pittsburgh, New York, or Green Bay and they would have been in already.

Are you beginning to figure out why there are no Falcons in Canton? No media coverage, no hype and it's easy to figure out why people say "who?" when you argue that Nobis, Van Note, Humphrey and Kenn deserve HOF recognition. Had ANY one of those guys played for Pittsburgh, New York, or Green Bay and they would have been in already.

what you said

I could care less what talking heads for media outlets think or say. However, getting jammed by NFL Films? That bothers me. The league is supposed to treat all of its franchises fairly, and all are supposed to receive equal treatment. Clearly, the Atlanta Falcons are not receiving equal treatment by the very league that they play in.

That is horrendous.

The best indication of how the media really feels about the Falcons and the NFC South in general is the treatment they gave the Baltimore Ravens before and after the Falcons game. Before the game they were an Elite Defense that was all set to destroy any who get in front of them. Ray Lewis was an Elite level LB who was dominating the game.

After the game NFL Network made up a piece questioning the ability and quality of the Ravens Defense. Basically in a 5 day period they went from Elite to has been in the eyes of the media because they lost to the Falcons.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d81c11af5/Are-the-Ravens-still-an-elite-defense