Fitz wants out of AZ?

Ake Man

I'm sure the Cards will throw the franchise tag at him. You dont let a talent like that just walk away.

I'm thinking the next CBA might now allow the franchise tag. If the owners want 18 games, less money for the players, and a rookie cap, they're going to have to give up something, all the elite players absolutely loathe the franchise tag. I think it's gone, and I think its a good thing. Give the player some security, and treat him so he wants to stay around, or let him go to a team that will. The falcons will be an attractive place to play as long as Blank and Mike Smith are here, so it is to our great advantage to NOT have a tag available for crappy teams to hold on to players who would much rather be here.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. Gonzo will be gone assumingly. I know this may sound stupid but let HD walk and move Jenks to the slot and we could possibly have the same situation Arizona had last season where 3 WR's had 1'000 yards. I don't know if all three accomplished it though. That type of situation would also lighten Turner's load. Only thing that would stop it is the money. Gonzo leaving will free up about $18 mill I think. I'm sure no one will agree with that but that's just a thought

But as was previously stated, if we get the money back that we lost to Vick, than we should have enough to sign Fitz. And yeah, I agree. Sounds like a perfect plan.

I just don't know. I'd love to have Fitz. He's definitely a great character guy for us, but I just don't think it's a good idea to have 2 superstar wide receivers.

Why the rams had Holt and Bruce? I mean if we could get Fitz for a reasonable price. I would love it. The only place, I would figure he would WANT to go to even though they blow. The Vikings, hes from there and he used to be a usher.

Also, he has something against the Falcons, I heard a interview with Dan Reeves and he said, he never met Fitzgerald after one of his games and introduced himself and Fitz was like yaa I know you and I really hate you. :P Turns out he was a usher in the Metrodome when the Falcons played the Vikings in 98. He was also a huge Vikings fan. Thought that story was funny as he-ll, he was destroyed after the falcons beat the vikings to go to the super bowl. :P

Not saying he wouldn't play for the Falcons, because everything going on and the age of everybody, we are only going to get better, that what I figure he would be looking at. :P

Edited by nativefalcon

Why the rams had Holt and Bruce? I mean if we could get Fitz for a reasonable price. I would love it. The only place, I would figure he would WANT to go to even though they blow. The Vikings, hes from there and he used to be a usher.

Also, he has something against the Falcons, I heard a interview with Dan Reeves and he said, he never met Fitzgerald after one of his games and introduced himself and Fitz was like yaa I know you and I really hate you. :P Turns out he was a usher in the Metrodome when the Falcons played the Vikings in 98. He was also a huge Vikings fan. Thought that story was funny as he-ll, he was destroyed after the falcons beat the vikings to go to the super bowl. :P

Not saying he wouldn't play for the Falcons, because everything going on and the age of everybody, we are only going to get better, that what I figure he would be looking at. :P

+1 I didn't know this. :lol:

Please let me guess you want him to come to the Falcons...

When we don't really need another WR the board wants us to carry another 10mill per year player...C'mon lets move on shell we now if Antonio Gates was on the block at the end of season 2011 because I think TG will be back then thats who we should go after.

I don't know if Finn would be around or not, but if the Falcons signed Fitz, I would imagine that Jenkins would certainly be cut.

Face it bro. You are a Jenkins hater.

Why? I have no freakin idea.

Dude has been steady. Has made some clutch catches.

I am sure he will make at least one more clutch catch that makes you start another apology thread.

I am sure he will make at least one more clutch catch that makes you start another apology thread.

I don't no why people bring these soughts of threads up especially when we have Jenkins and White locked in long term and I agree as above Jenkins is a perfect foil for White on the other side throw in Finneran Meier Douglas and Weems good luck with those who think the FO are going to splash another 10 mill per on another WR we don't need.Seriously people this is the real world and this Fitzgerald fantasy belongs to the many owners of Madden 2010.

+1 Jenkins really has stepped it up from last year. I'm very happy with the way he's been playing.

I think Fitzgerald will leave the NFC and go sign with an overhyped AFC team like the Jets or the Chargers.

A lot of times a high profile player leaves the team they were on and goes somewhere else...only to be replaced by another high profile player at the same position. I could see Vincent Jackson 'bolting' from the Chargers (HA!) to the highest bidder, only to be replaced by Fitzgerald.

We wont get Fitz, we're paying already paying Jenkins $5 million a year, and nobody would take a trade for him at that price tag. I still can't believe he makes over 2 mil a year for crying out loud.

I live in the Phoenix area, and it's all they are talking about on the radio...his discontent. He can walk away after this year and become a FA. If we get the 7mil from Vick back, we should be about 35million under the cap (im no expert, but this is simple math). I know we have basically an entire offensive line to resign, especially Clabo and Dahl. Other than that, do you think it's at all possible to sign a Fitzgerald? I know he would like to play here, or I think he would at least.

I know this sounds very Madden-esque, but this is potentially would make my DECADE be awesome as a fan. He probably would want something around 5 years and 10 million a year, a little more than Roddy makes. On a slow news day, I think this might provide some fodder. :ph34r:

i would totally trade antone smith, jamal anderson, and micheal jenkins for fitzgerald! ;)

in all seriousness, they are going to franchise him and make the QB situation better for him, or trade him for two first rd picks.

Edited by millenium falcon