Fitz wants out of AZ?

Ake Man

People think he isn't a top WR in the league anymore based off the stats. They don't seem to realize that he is coming off a knee injury and doesn't have a QB. That said I would love to have him dressing out as a Falcon week in and week out :D

Those people know nothing about football.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Phoenix too...I have yet to hear a real negative peep out of him. I wouldn't blame him if he did complain, but the guy is a model teammate. The thing is, AZ realizes he is an important player on their team...and if they traded him then they would have no consistent receiving threat(Breaston is NOOO Boldin/Fitz). They just need a QB, which they will certainly address in the offseason.

I can't speak as to what he has said or what they talk about in PHX, but I watched some of that horrible Monday night game during the first half and he did not have the look of a player who was enjoying himself. Anderson was able to laugh about something during that game, but that was in no way the look on Fitzgeralds face.

If Roddy and Ryan sign off on this I'd love to see Fitz as a Falcon. He's a big strong player that's still relatively young. He did say earlier this year that's he's used to playing with the best and not the garbage he's surrounded by now. (paraphrasing) Ryan is one of the best right now, the Vikings have Jackson at QB right now, that's not going to impress anyone and at 27 his career can't depend on a Rookie QB.

If he could come here with a manageable long term contract that would not prohibit us from signing players at a positions of need in the future I'd be all for it.

Long term so we could pay him the money he deserves and spread it out over along time.

He has no baggage and is one of the best WR's in the league so it's a no lose situation.

I doubt we could out bid all the other teams wanting him but one of the few times I would have no problem signing a FA like him.

The Cards organization are idiots if they didnt include a franchise clause in his contract. If he walks, then they deserve it.

The reason that he doesn't have a franchise clause in his contract is that his orginal deal was structure extremely terribly. The last year of his deal he was due to make something like 20 million or something outrageous like that. To get out of paying it, the Cardinals offered to extend Fitz, but Fitz would only do it if they forfeited their right to franchise him at the end of the deal.

Yeah, they are kind of idiots.

Larry Fitzgerald on living in a post-Kurt Warner Cardinals world: "I've tasted the caviar now, so eating out of the garbage is not where I want to be."

Larry Fitzgerald will not play for Arizona next season - he'll go wherever caviar is being served. That's not exclusively Atlanta, but the Falcons will have their shot.

I just don't know. I'd love to have Fitz. He's definitely a great character guy for us, but I just don't think it's a good idea to have 2 superstar wide receivers.

To have to Superstar WO's you need to have a Two things in place.

1 The WO's need to be unselfish players (Team First)

2 The QB has to be very capable of being able to distribute the ball

(referance Warner, Fitz, and Boldin)

The only remaining question is, if Fitz is a stand up team first guy?

Larry Fitzgerald on living in a post-Kurt Warner Cardinals world: "I've tasted the caviar now, so eating out of the garbage is not where I want to be."

Larry Fitzgerald will not play for Arizona next season - he'll go wherever caviar is being served. That's not exclusively Atlanta, but the Falcons will have their shot.

Even if they attempt to bring in a franchise QB?

I dont think he would be upset with that...as long as things work out ok at the end of 1 season with said QB. If things continue to tank, then forget it.

pretty sure fitz isnt a FA until 2013 and he can't be traded. the only way he'd be available is if he was cut.

3/11/2008: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract w/NTC. The deal contains $30 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus, and a $9 million option bonus and $3.1 million roster bonus in the second year. If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season. 2010: $6.3 million, 2011: $7 million, 2012: $5 million, 2013: Free Agent

i see ppl saying we need to take care of our lines, well we could do that and still go after him, i mean we went after his ex teammate(boldin) so why not? clabo wont cost much if we resign him, and we got ppl like johnson and hawley ready to step up, so theres no need to dish out a whole bunch of money on the O-line.... i could see it as a dicussion to be made by this office, but who knos...

it worked in AZ with boldin and fitz, it worked in san fran with rice an owens.... so can it work, yea two superstar WR who just want to win sounds good to me...

Even if they attempt to bring in a franchise QB?

I dont think he would be upset with that...as long as things work out ok at the end of 1 season with said QB. If things continue to tank, then forget it.

Even so, in my opinion. There's too much else wrong with the Cards - a patchwork O-line that may or may not come together, an unreliable running game, and a defense that gets smoked week in and week out. I expect #11 to feel the same way about Arizona as #88 felt about Kansas City. Time to go some place where he has a shot at a ring, and not lose another year before doing it.

I would love to have Fitz here.

He has good character and is an amazing WR. I could honestly see him and Roddy getting 1000 yards, and neither of them complaining about targets (ala TO and Ochocinco).

we could have a rotation with Jenkins and HD, etc.

Man. Out of all the "bring em home TD" threads, I like this one the best.