Fitz wants out of AZ?

Ake Man

I live in the Phoenix area, and it's all they are talking about on the radio...his discontent. He can walk away after this year and become a FA. If we get the 7mil from Vick back, we should be about 35million under the cap (im no expert, but this is simple math). I know we have basically an entire offensive line to resign, especially Clabo and Dahl. Other than that, do you think it's at all possible to sign a Fitzgerald? I know he would like to play here, or I think he would at least.

I know this sounds very Madden-esque, but this is potentially would make my DECADE be awesome as a fan. He probably would want something around 5 years and 10 million a year, a little more than Roddy makes. On a slow news day, I think this might provide some fodder. :ph34r:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the Phoenix area, and it's all they are talking about on the radio...his discontent. He can walk away after this year and become a FA. If we get the 7mil from Vick back, we should be about 35million under the cap (im no expert, but this is simple math). I know we have basically an entire offensive line to resign, especially Clabo and Dahl. Other than that, do you think it's at all possible to sign a Fitzgerald? I know he would like to play here, or I think he would at least.

I know this sounds very Madden-esque, but this is potentially would make my DECADE be awesome as a fan. He probably would want something around 5 years and 10 million a year, a little more than Roddy makes. On a slow news day, I think this might provide some fodder. :ph34r:

I would love it, but it simply wont happen. And I think you know that..

Great receiver, no baggage unlike some of the other WR's people have wanted here, but as good as having Fitz here sounds it's not really something for the team to zero in on. Not with some of the other needs we have, so I would expect that TD woudn't go after him at the expense of other areas.

I live in Phoenix too...I have yet to hear a real negative peep out of him. I wouldn't blame him if he did complain, but the guy is a model teammate. The thing is, AZ realizes he is an important player on their team...and if they traded him then they would have no consistent receiving threat(Breaston is NOOO Boldin/Fitz). They just need a QB, which they will certainly address in the offseason.

I like Fitz but we cant afford to pay him that type of money and we have allot of money already invested in the WR group (roddy contract) .

If Fitz would take a roddy type contract (8 million a year) .. I would do that.. but we cant do 10 million a year

Next years FA WR group will be pretty good.

Vincent Jackson

Braylon Edwards

Steve Breaston

James Jones

Devin Aromashodu

I agree with the post about Minnesota making him an offer. Someone would surely outbid the Falcons. Tampa Bay comes to mind also. You could always dangle the "we're a championship caliber team" carrot to see if he would take less money to come to Atlanta, but who knows if he would bite.

The Falcons are not afraid to pay for their quality players. They can pay with anyone in the league - unless it's Washington throwing 100G or more.