A different perspective on...

The falcons are 9-2, and have the best record in the NFC, but as has been pointed out on these boards on more than one occasion, is the lack of respect that the team is getting from so called experts like, Dilfer, Woodson, La confora (or whatever his name is) and others...

These people clearly hate the Falcons, that much is obvious, so although we want our team to get the respect it clearly deserves this year maybe it's a good thing.... How do we know that behind the closed doors of flowery branch the staff and players aren't using the lack of respect as some kind of motivator...

So I say keep it coming, as it makes victory taste even sweeter...

GO FALCONS!!

It's hard for me to hate on the media for doubting the Falcons. I mean, think about this. Here is a list of games that the Falcons led at halftime and never surrendered the lead.

Arizona

Tampa Bay

That's it. That's the whole list. And as we all know, the Falcons had a goal line stand to keep the lead with 2 minutes left against Tampa.

Even so, I think it's a pretty small number of media analyst who are still doubting the Falcons.

It's hard for me to hate on the media for doubting the Falcons. I mean, think about this. Here is a list of games that the Falcons led at halftime and never surrendered the lead.

Arizona

Tampa Bay

That's it. That's the whole list. And as we all know, the Falcons had a goal line stand to keep the lead with 2 minutes left against Tampa.

Even so, I think it's a pretty small number of media analyst who are still doubting the Falcons.

How many of those other games did they win?

How many of those other games did they win?

Hey, I am the biggest admirer or this team's ability to win close games. I'll take 5 more close wins. And I could care less what any analyst says.

My point is this team hasn't had that game where they took somebody out early and just dominated them, like the 98 team did to the Patriots and a couple others.

I'm just saying.....I don't think these opinions are based on the analyst "hating" the Falcons.

Why does never surrendering the lead matter? I thought they gave either a win or a loss for the game not a quarter by quarter won loss record.

I'm glad the Falcons are winning, and I have to admit, it is more entertaining when they let the other team come back and the Falcons win it at the end. It's just not the kind of thing that convinces people you are a dominant team.

Hey, I am the biggest admirer or this team's ability to win close games. I'll take 5 more close wins. And I could care less what any analyst says.

My point is this team hasn't had that game where they took somebody out early and just dominated them, like the 98 team did to the Patriots and a couple others.

I'm just saying.....I don't think these opinions are based on the analyst "hating" the Falcons.

Maybe - but when other teams do it - Jets, TB - almost any other team - they are given respect for finding ways to win.

So - you can call it what you want - and while I wouldn't say hatred - I would definitely say snobbish dismissal of our team based on a past which is over.

Most of those guys are ex-players and elitists - who have no respect for our Team - and they find ways to dismiss our accomplishments.

I liken it to the rich side of town looking down their noses at a budding young artist from across the tracks. Never would they give that artist the credit that they would a "famous or star" artist in public - but they'd probably buy the paintings and hang them up in their house.

Maybe - but when other teams do it - Jets, TB - almost any other team - they are given respect for finding ways to win.

So - you can call it what you want - and while I wouldn't say hatred - I would definitely say snobbish dismissal of our team based on a past which is over.

Most of those guys are ex-players and elitists - who have no respect for our Organization - and they find ways to dismiss our accomplishments.

I liken it to the rich side of town looking down their noses at a budding young artist from across the tracks. Never would they give that artist the credit that they would a "famous or star" artist in public - but they'd probably buy the paintings and hang them up in their house.

Most rankings I have seen have the Falcons above the Jets, and they are 9-2 just like the Falcons.

So why is that worse than the teams, like some of the ones they label great, that both dominate and GET DOMINATED.

What team is being labeled as a great team this year?

It seems to be the consensus in the league this year that there are a bunch of very good teams but not any team that stands out.

I look at it like this...

We put our offense on the field and control the clock - in today's NFL - that's not sexy.

They want to look at the sexy teams...so they focus on the beautiful Brady and Manning and the Eagles.

But let me tell you this...those offenses aren't worth a dime when they're on the sidelines. We are dominating teams by grinding them down and pushing them over in the 4th quarter...

We don't need to blow teams out by 40+ points - Patriots did that and didn't win a **** thing. No one cares they had an unbeatable regular season - they remember Smith's crazy catch in the Super Bowl and the Giants dominance in that game.

What team is being labeled as a great team this year?

It seems to be the consensus in the league this year that there are a bunch of very good teams but not any team that stands out.

I think the closest team to that is New England. They seem to be back to their "plug and play" approach, preaching a team first concept and finding guys that fit what they need to get done. It's not always pretty because in doing so you sometimes give up talent like Moss, but playing within their scheme is how they win and they look to be getting back to that tried and true formula.

I look at it like this...

We put our offense on the field and control the clock - in today's NFL - that's not sexy.

They want to look at the sexy teams...so they focus on the beautiful Brady and Manning and the Eagles.

But let me tell you this...those offenses aren't worth a dime when they're on the sidelines. We are dominating teams by grinding them down and pushing them over in the 4th quarter...

We don't need to blow teams out by 40+ points - Patriots did that and didn't win a **** thing. No one cares they had an unbeatable regular season - they remember Smith's crazy catch in the Super Bowl and the Giants dominance in that game.

That's what I think is so funny about the people on these boards.

In the latest power ranking, La Canfora, public enemy number 1 around here, has the Falcons 3rd. The Eagles are 10th, the Colts are 12th. The Steelers are 8th.

He's got the Chargers ahead of the Jets, even though the Jets have a record that is 3 games better than the Chargers.

Does LaCanfora hate the Jets?

I think the closest team to that is New England. They seem to be back to their "plug and play" approach, preaching a team first concept and finding guys that fit what they need to get done. It's not always pretty because in doing so you sometimes give up talent like Moss, but playing within their scheme is how they win and they look to be getting back to that tried and true formula.

Tom Brady is having the best year of his career. Maybe not having the statistical juggernaut that he had in 07, but he is getting everybody involved, and their offense is the best in the league, even if it may not be gaining the most yards.

Their defense, however, it's not very good.

If the Patriots and Falcons make it to the Super Bowl, we might see one of the strangest Super Bowls ever. I think each team might have only 2 possessions per half an the game would go into overtime tied 28-28.

I think you mean David Tyree.

And your point is right. Everyone remembers the 18-0 Patriots but the most famous thing about them now is that the Giants beat them.

That's what I think is so funny about the people on these boards.

In the latest power ranking, La Canfora, public enemy number 1 around here, has the Falcons 3rd. The Eagles are 10th, the Colts are 12th. The Steelers are 8th.

He's got the Chargers ahead of the Jets, even though the Jets have a record that is 3 games better than the Chargers.

Does LaCanfora hate the Jets?

This doesn't really answer your question, but I've noticed throughout the season the problem with La Canfora is that he doesn't do Power Rankings the same way others do. It seems to me that he does more of a "projection" of where these teams are going to end up based on the way they're playing. With that said, I think the way he looks at it is that the Falcons are winning, but not blowing teams out and he thinks eventually that will come back to bite us. The same way with the Jets. I don't share the same opinion because of the discipline of this team under Mike Smith, but it's a valid point for some teams.

I remember a lot of people around here, and yes, even in the media, last season saying similar things about the Saints. The Saints just kept doing their thing and it turned out pretty well for them.

This doesn't really answer your question, but I've noticed throughout the season the problem with La Canfora is that he doesn't do Power Rankings the same way others do. It seems to me that he does more of a "projection" of where these teams are going to end up based on the way they're playing. With that said, I think the way he looks at it is that the Falcons are winning, but not blowing teams out and he thinks eventually that will come back to bite us. The same way with the Jets. I don't share the same opinion because of the discipline of this team under Mike Smith, but it's a valid point for some teams.

I remember a lot of people around here, and yes, even in the media, last season saying similar things about the Saints. The Saints just kept doing their thing and it turned out pretty well for them.

LOL you make quite a hilarious point. Last year at this time the Saints were 11-0, had an average margin of victory of 17 points, were on pace to be the highest scoring team in the history of the NFL, and many people around here were going "Gawd, those guys are soooooooooooo lucky. They aren't that good. Seriously."